The Best Knee Pain Therapy near NYC According to Top Doctors
What Causes Knee Pain?
If you’re looking for the best knee pain therapy near NYC, then you aren’t the only one! Knee pain is a common condition affecting millions of Americans each year. Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest invasive surgeries and narcotics as the best treatment for knee pain. However, knee surgery can be risky and in some instances, it is not even necessary! The best knee pain therapy near NYC is the latest minimally invasive options provided by expert pain treatment specialists at this leading medical clinic. This state of the art clinic is conveniently located in the heart of the Big Apple, near Bryant Park. It prides itself on creating custom care plans using the latest cutting-edge technology. Click HERE to book an appointment with a board certified, Harvard-trained pain doctor at this expert Manhattan clinic.
It is understandable if you’re worried about why you might have knee pain. Your knee joint holds the weight of your body and helps the lower leg to move in relation to the thigh. There are many causes of knee pain, which is why it is important you seek medical advice from a knee pain doctor. Some of the most common causes behind knee pain include:
- Baker’s cyst – this is a fluid-filled swelling that can occur at the back of the knee.
- Knee arthritis – rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) and osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) can lead to painful, stiff and swollen knee joints.
- Meniscus tears – the menisci are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of cartilage that act as a shock absorber between the shin bone and the thigh bone. It can be prone to tearing, especially during sports.
- Tendinitis – this is when the tendon becomes inflamed as a result of overuse.
- Other causes – ACL injuries, bursitis and dislocations can also occur. This is why it’s important a pain doctor checks for undiagnosed conditions and injuries.
Due to the many different causes behind knee joint pain, it’s important you book an appointment with an expert knee pain doctor. If not, your knee pain could become even worse or lead to further health problems down the line.
The great news is that knee surgery and narcotics are not the only way to treat knee issues. There are many non-invasive treatment options which are minimally invasive and low risk. Interested in finding out more? Let’s take a look at some of the best knee pain treatments in midtown manhattan.
What Are The Best Treatments For Knee Pain?
So far, we’ve explored why it’s important you find out what is causing your knee pain. A top medical doctor at this midtown manhattan clinic can create a unique care plan for you. This involves a minimally invasive treatment option in line with your unique health needs. Your pain doctor can also recommend top physical therapists to help you during your recovery. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks associated with knee surgery or narcotics.
Let’s take a look at some of the most exciting and innovative treatments for knee pain in midtown manhattan: –
- Steroid injections – a top pain doctor can recommend steroid injections as the first line of treatment. This procedure is fast, simple and highly effective in alleviating knee joint pain. Some individuals even receive 2-3 steroid injections for maximum effect. Steroid medicine can be delivered directly to the knee joint capsule to provide instant pain relief. Some knee pain doctors also use local anesthetic to numb the knee.
- Hyaluronic acid injections – if you have a condition like osteoarthritis, it means the knee joint could be stiff, swollen and painful. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of joint fluid and can be delivered directly to the knee joint. This increases the volume of joint fluid available and helps to alleviate the friction in the knee joint. Hyaluronic acid injections help the knee joint to move more easily.
- Radiofrequency ablation – radiofrequency ablation is an excellent treatment option that avoids steroid medicine. It is particularly recommended for individuals struggling with chronic knee pain. During this treatment, knee pain doctors use radiofrequency energy to heat up the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee joint. Once the nerves are heated up, they are no longer able to send pain signals to the brain. This achieves long-term pain relief in a safe and pain-free way.
- Genicular nerve block – pain management doctors can use local anesthetic to ‘block’ pain signals being sent from the knee joint to the brain. Genicular nerve blocks can also help pain doctors determine pathological changes in your knee joint.
- Platelet rich plasma injections – prp treatment combines your body’s own healing abilities with the latest techniques in regenerative medicine. Prp treatment describes when knee doctors take a sample of your blood and run it through a machine called a centrifuge. The centrifuge condenses the platelets in your blood sample. Your doctor can then re-inject your knee joint with a high concentration of these blood platelets. This encourages the growth of healthy new cells in your knee.
As we can see, there are many different ways to treat knee pain without risky surgeries or narcotics. If you want to find out more, please be sure to book an appointment with one of our leading knee pain doctors located in midtown manhattan. Now let’s look at the best knee doctors in NYC and how you receive a knee pain diagnosis!
Who Is The Best Knee Doctor in NYC?
Surgery and narcotics can be avoided when receiving the best knee pain therapy near NYC. At this state of the art pain clinic, our Harvard-trained doctors pride themselves on using the latest minimally invasive techniques.
One of the best pain doctors in NYC who prides themselves on using minimally invasive options is Dr. George Hanna. Dr. Hanna is based at our Manhattan Center of Excellence and is a leading expert in pain medicine. He is a double board certified pain physician who has an abundance of experience in both the application and research of pain medicine.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
Dr Hanna regularly contributes to scientific articles and has authored many chapters of medical textbooks. He is also an experienced Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard Medical School as well as serving as Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center.
Another leading pain physician is Dr. Michael Nguyen. Dr. Nguyen is a triple board certified pain doctor who is also a Harvard graduate. He has created many of the minimally invasive treatments currently available and is renowned for his therapeutic developments in pain medicine. Dr. Nguyen has also served as a faculty member at Harvard Medical School. He was so influential during his time there that he was voted ‘Mentor of the Year’ and ‘Best Teacher.’
Dr. Laura Lombardi and Dr. Shane Volney are two expert pain doctors who value spending time with their patients. Dr. Lombardi is well-known for her expertise in using fluoroscopic guidance during her treatments to maximize accuracy. Dr. Volney is also an experienced faculty member at Harvard Medical School and is an expert in using prp treatment and neurostimulation for back and leg pain.
In addition to these outstanding credentials, our pain doctors are known for their kind and compassionate approach. They value creating healthy doctor-patient relationships which are conducive to positive patient outcomes.
How Is Knee Pain Diagnosed?
Once you have booked an appointment with a leading NYC pain doctor, they will collect information to provide you with a knee pain diagnosis. So, how is knee pain diagnosed?
There are four main ways that a knee doctor investigates your knee pain. This includes: –
- Verbal medical history
- Physical examination of the knee joint
- Blood tests
- Imaging scans (like X-Rays and ultrasounds)
It’s important to note that this process is pain free and is an important step in receiving the best care. Your pain doctor will spend time collecting relevant information so they can provide you with a diagnosis and treatment for knee pain. If you leave your knee pain untreated, it could get even worse over time or lead to further health problems.
At our pain clinic, our doctors understand you might be worried about the reasons for your knee pain. That’s why they are passionate about spending time with each patient to alleviate any concerns.
Once you have received your diagnosis, your pain doctor will create a unique care plan for you. This will involve a minimally invasive treatment like the ones previously discussed. They will also recommend physical therapists to help you during your recovery. Now let’s look in more detail at what happens during your appointment.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
What Happens When I See A Pain Doctor?
Now that we’ve looked at the best treatment options for knee pain, let’s look into the process behind your medical consultation.
Once you have booked an appointment with one of our expert knee pain specialists, you will be welcomed into our state of the art manhattan clinic. This clinic is a Center of Excellence and regularly welcomes patients from around the world. You will then be introduced to your board certified pain doctor.
At this clinic, our pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your knee pain. That’s why they pride themselves on spending time with each patient and have a compassionate approach. Your pain doctor will perform a physical examination of your knee joint to check for any visible signs of injury. They may also order blood tests and imaging scans (like ultrasound or X-Ray) to rule out underlying health conditions. Once your pain doctor has collated all of this information, you will receive a diagnosis and a subsequent treatment plan.
Your treatment plan is unique to your individual health status and requirements. Best of all, it avoids the use of risky surgeries or narcotics. Our pain doctors believe in combining the latest techniques in medicine with a holistic approach to health care. Maximizing your health while minimizing risk is at the heart of this pain clinic.
In addition to a minimally invasive treatment option, your pain doctor can recommend the best physical therapists to work with you during recovery. Undertaking a prescribed physical therapy program can lead to faster and safer recovery periods.
How Much Does Knee Treatment Cost?
Once you have booked an appointment at our expert pain clinic, you will be welcomed by a member of our friendly and experienced team. Our front of house staff will be there to greet you and answer any questions. You will be able to provide you insurance information to a member of our team where they can explain your insurance coverage and benefits.
Before your treatment commences, you will be provided with an outline detailing how much you owe (if this is applicable). Best of all, you can be rest assured that you won’t be hit with any surprising bills or costs. Our staff are in contact with your insurance company directly to make the process as smooth as possible.
If this sounds like something in which you would be interested, please call us on (855) 211 – 8568. Our team is available to answer your questions and help you book your appointment.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
Knee Pain Treatment: What to Expect and What to AvoidIf you're reading this article, chances are you or someone you know is experiencing knee pain, and you're seeking answers on how to effectively manage and treat it. At New York Knee Pain Doctor, led by...
The Benefits of Knee Pain Treatment for AthletesAre you an athlete struggling with knee pain, desperately searching for relief and a way to get back to your peak performance? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the unique challenges athletes face when dealing...
What to Do After Knee Pain Treatment: A Recovery GuideIf you've recently undergone knee pain treatment, you're likely eager to regain full mobility and get back to your daily activities. At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the importance of a smooth and...
How to Choose the Right Knee Pain Doctor for YouIf you are suffering from chronic knee pain, you understand how debilitating it can be. Knee pain can significantly affect your quality of life, making even simple tasks like bending down or climbing up or down the...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.