What Is the Best Knee Pain Therapy near Manhattan?
Why Do I Have Knee Pain?
If you’re looking for the best knee pain therapy near me in midtown manhattan, then this pain clinic is for you. This state of the art pain center houses a team of board certified pain doctors providing the best non-invasive treatments for knee pain. These treatment plans combine the most advanced technology with a holistic approach to health care to get you back on your feet safely and effectively. Click HERE to book an appointment with a board certified, Harvard-trained pain doctor.
Knee pain is becoming more common due to our modern, sedentary lifestyles. There are many reasons you might be struggling with knee pain. It could be due to a knee injury, or it might be signalling an underlying health condition like arthritis. Regardless, it’s vital you book an appointment with an experienced and qualified pain doctor to help you.
Let’s look at some of the most common causes of knee pain: –
- Bursitis – this is when the fluid filled sacs (bursa) surrounding the knee cap become inflamed.
- Knee arthritis – rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) and osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) can lead to painful, stiff and swollen knee joints.
- Meniscus tears – the 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of rubbery cartilage cushioning the knee joint can be partially or fully torn. Torn cartilage can be very painful and is easily treatable by a pain doctor.
- Patellar/ IT band tendinitis – the iliotibial band (a thick band of connective tissue) runs from the outside of the hip joining to outside the knee joint. It can become inflamed or tight.
- Trauma/ injury – when the knee joint receives a sudden blow, the knee cap can be at risk of dislocating. Even if the knee joint falls back into place, it is vital you seek medical advice to ensure your joint is healthy.
These are just a few examples of the many different causes of knee pain. That’s why it’s important you seek medical advice from a Harvard-trained pain physician in NYC. This leading pain clinic is located in Midtown Manhattan, near The Chrysler Building.
Let’s read on to find out how these expert doctors treat knee pain without surgery and narcotics.
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Problems?
Now that we’ve looked at knee pain therapy in NYC, let’s take some time to explore how a pain doctor diagnoses knee pain.
As we’ve seen, there are many reasons you might be struggling with painful knees. This is why it’s important you book an appointment with one of our expert pain doctors. These pain physicians will also be able to answer any concerns that might be on your mind. Receiving the best medical care for your pain is vital if you want to get back to your daily activities with relative ease.
The most common symptoms of knee pain include: –
- Pain, stiffness or swelling around the knee
- Crunching and popping sounds in the joint
- A red and warm knee that is painful to touch
- Inability to straighten the knee joint
- Weakness when trying to put weight on the knee
If you experience any of these symptoms or generally feel your knee functioning is off, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment with an experienced pain physician. If you’re interested in finding out more about the latest minimally invasive treatments for knee pain, be sure to read on!
How Is Knee Pain Treated?
The best knee pain therapy near me in midtown manhattan avoids the use of surgery or narcotics. Nowadays, many orthopedics suggest surgery as the most common treatment for knee pain. However, knee replacement surgery and narcotics involve many risks. Blood clots, wound infections, increased risk of stroke/ heart attack and long recovery periods can result from surgery. Once the surgery is over, patients have to take pain medication to cope with post-operative pain. If that is the case, how do we avoid surgery and narcotics?
The good news is that there are many non-invasive ways to treat knee pain. These minimally invasive options combine the latest techniques in pain medicine with your body’s own ability to heal. Best of all, minimally invasive treatments for knee pain avoids the risks associated with surgery and narcotics! Let’s take a look at a few examples of the best knee pain therapy options in midtown manhattan: –
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Radiofrequency ablation – rfa treatment avoids steroid medicine and is recommended for chronic knee pain. A top pain doctor uses a generator to transmit small currents of radiofrequency energy near the genicular nerves in the knee joint. The radiofrequency energy heats up the genicular nerves so that they are deactivated. This stops them from sending pain signals from the knee to the brain. As a result, long-term pain relief is achieved by using cutting-edge heat technology.
- Genicular nerve block – a pain physician can also use local anesthetic to ‘block’ the genicular nerves from sending pain information to the brain. It is a safe and low risk treatment option with successful outcomes.
- Steroid injections – steroid injections are a popular choice for alleviating knee pain. During this procedure, a pain physician injects steroid medicine directly into the joint capsule of the knee. Local anesthetic can also be applied so the joint is numb and comfortable. Some individuals receive 2-3 steroid injections for maximum effect. They are a fast, simple and highly effective way to alleviate knee pain.
- Platelet rich plasma injections – prp treatment is an exciting area of pain medicine. It describes when a pain doctor draws up a small sample of your blood via a syringe. This blood sample is then run through a machine called a centrifuge. The centrifuge condenses the blood platelets until they are in a high concentration. The high concentration of blood platelets are then re-injected directly into the joint of the knee. This injection stimulates the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the knee joint.
In addition to these exciting and innovative treatments, our pain doctors can recommend the best physical therapists to work with you during your treatment programs. Let’s read on to find out more about the best pain doctors in NYC!
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
Who Is The Best Knee Doctor in NYC?
Now that we’ve explored the latest minimally invasive treatments for knee pain, it’s time to look at the best doctors in NYC.
At our Center of Excellence, all of our pain physicians are board certified and Harvard alumni. They are leaders in the field of pain medicine and pride themselves on creating custom care plans for each patient.
One of our exceptional pain physicians is Dr. Michael Nguyen. Dr. Nguyen is a triple board certified pain doctor who pioneered many of the treatments currently on the market! Dr. Nguyen is also an experienced faculty member at Harvard Medical School and was voted ‘Best Teacher’ and ‘Mentor of the Year’ during his time there.
Another leading pain doctor is Dr. George Hanna. Dr. Hanna is a double board certified pain physician who excels at using the latest minimally invasive treatments for functional pain complaints. He is an experienced Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard as well as having served as Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center. Dr. Hanna also regularly contributes to published scientific articles and has authored many chapters of medical books.
Dr. Shane Volney and Dr. Laura Lombardi are another two leading pain doctors at our pain clinic. They have achieved board certification and are well-known in the field of pain medicine. In particular, Dr. Lombardi is highly skilled in using fluoroscopic guidance during her treatment plans. Dr. Volney is passionate about incorporating all aspects of patient wellness.
All of the doctors at this leading clinic understand the risks associated with surgery and narcotics. That’s why they are passionate about using the latest cutting-edge technology as part of their treatment plans to maximize the health of their patients.
Now that we’ve covered the best knee pain doctors in manhattan, let’s take a look at how your knee pain can be diagnosed by our leading doctors.
How Is Knee Pain Diagnosed?
When you visit our state of the art manhattan clinic, you will be welcomed into a Center of Excellence. Our friendly and experienced team will ensure you’re comfortable throughout your appointment.
First, your pain doctor will spend time exploring the reasons for your knee pain. They might perform a physical examination of the knee joint to check for visible signs of wear and tear. They may also order blood tests and imaging scans (like X-Rays and ultrasound) to gain an overall picture of the problem area. Once this information has been collected, your pain doctor will provide you with a diagnosis and a subsequent treatment plan.
Your treatment plan will be tailored to your individual needs and requirements. Best of all, you can be rest assured that you avoid the risks associated with invasive knee surgeries or narcotics. All of the treatment plans at this top Manhattan clinic involve a minimally invasive procedure. Our pain doctors can also recommend the best physical therapist to work with you during your treatment and rehabilitation.
Our pain doctors are passionate about helping you get back on your feet in safe and effective ways. That’s why they advocate a holistic approach to medicine which incorporates the latest cutting-edge technology. Regardless of why you’re in pain or any previous treatments you’ve had, our pain doctors can personalize your care plan.
How Much Does It Cost To Treat Knee Pain?
When you visit one of our top pain doctors, you will be greeted by our friendly and experienced front of house staff. A member of the front desk will collect your insurance information. They will then explain your insurance benefits and coverage. Before your treatment is carried out by your pain doctor, you will receive a detailed outline. This will show you how much you owe (if applicable). Don’t worry – you won’t have to concern yourself with any hidden costs or surprise bills. Our clinic will contact your insurance company directly to help you receive treatment quickly.
In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach us on (855) 211 – 8568. Our friendly team will be on-hand to help you book your appointment and answer any insurance questions.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.