Who Provides the Best Knee Pain Relief in NY?
Which Doctor Has The Best Treatments For Knee Pain?
If you’re looking for the best knee pain relief in ny, then we can help you. The knee joint is vital for bearing our weight and helping us to move. However, knee pain is becoming a common condition that affects millions of Americans every year. If left untreated, your knee pain could get even worse or lead to further health complications. Plus, it’s vital you receive an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan so you can return to full health. Click HERE to book an appointment with a leading pain physician in New York.
We will answer some of the most common questions associated with knee pain, including: –
- What are the causes of knee pain?
- What are the symptoms of knee issues?
- How is knee pain diagnosed?
- Are there home remedies for knee pain?
- How much does knee treatment cost?
The good news is that this modern and friendly manhattan pain clinic provides the best knee pain relief in ny. Instead of relying on risky surgeries or narcotics, this pain center houses a team of board certified, Harvard-trained knee pain specialists who use a minimally invasive approach. A minimally invasive approach to treatment is low risk, pain free and highly effective in getting you back to your daily activities.
Our pain doctors are passionate about creating unique care plans centered around non-invasive treatments. These treatment plans combine the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to health care. Some examples of the latest knee treatments include: –
- Hyaluronic acid injections – hyaluronic acid is a natural component of joint fluid. It helps our joints to glide with relative ease. If an individual has a condition like osteoarthritis, it means the wear and tear over time has worn down the cartilage in the knee joint. This can cause pain and swelling in the joint of the knee. Hyaluronic acid injections can remedy this by increasing the volume of joint fluid in the knee to reduce friction and pain.
- Steroid injections – a top pain doctor in nyc can inject steroid medicine directly into the knee. The steroid medicine can reduce inflammation and pain in the knee. Some pain doctors also use anesthetic to numb the joint and ensure it is comfortable. In this way, steroid injections provide instant knee pain relief.
- Platelet rich plasma injections – prp treatment describes when a pain doctor extracts platelets from your blood and runs them through a machine called a centrifuge. The centrifuge condenses the blood platelets so that they are in a high concentration. The high concentration of your blood platelets are then re-injected directly into the knee joint. This encourages the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the knee.
- Radiofrequency ablation – rfa treatment is when a pain doctor transmits small currents of radiofrequency energy to the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee. The radiofrequency energy heats up and deactivates the genicular nerves. This stops the genicular nerves sending pain signals from the knee joint to the brain. Rfa is a popular treatment option for those with chronic pain. It also achieves this pain relief without the use of steroid medicine or narcotics.
These are just some of the many minimally invasive options available at this leading pain clinic. It is located in the heart of the Big Apple next to the Flatiron neighborhood and near The United Nations. If you’re interested in receiving first-class patient care from a leading Harvard-trained doctor, please contact us on (855) 637-1915.
What Are The Causes Of Knee Pain?
Now that we’ve looked at the importance of seeking medical advice from a leading pain physician in NYC, let’s take a look at some of the most common causes of knee pain: –
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is a large ligament connecting the thigh bone to the shin bone. It is an important ligament for stabilizing the knee joint. An ACL injury can occur when the ligament becomes torn as a result of suddenly stopping or changing direction. It is a common sports medicine injury.
- Baker’s cyst – this cyst is a fluid-filled swelling that occurs at the back of the knee. It can cause feelings of tightness and is usually caused by an underlying condition (like meniscus tears or osteoarthritis).
- Bursitis – the bursa (small, fluid-filled sacs) surrounding the knee joint can become painful and inflamed.
- Knee arthritis – both osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) and rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) can lead to stiff, painful and inflamed knee joints.
- Tendinitis – this describes when the tendon becomes inflamed and/ or irritated as a result of being used too often. It is a common injury in sports medicine.
- Meniscus tear – the menisci are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of rubbery cartilage that act as a shock absorber between the shin bone and the thigh bone. This cartilage can sometimes become torn if a knee is suddenly twisted while bearing weight on it.
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Issues?
As we’ve seen so far, there are many reasons why you might have knee pain. Seeking medical advice from a leading pain physician and receiving a customized care plan that avoids surgery is vital if you want to return to full health in the safest way possible.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of knee pain include: –
- Redness and warmth
- Inability to bend or straighten the knee
- Instability or weakness in the knee
- Grinding, popping or crunching noises
- Pain at the front, back or side of the knee
At this leading pain clinic, our pain physicians understand why you might be worried about your knee pain. That’s why they spend time with each patient to fully understand their concerns. They will then collect all of the relevant information required to make an accurate diagnosis and customized care plan. Let’s look in more detail at how your pain doctor will assess your knee pain.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
How Is Knee Pain Diagnosed?
If you experience knee pain, it’s highly recommended you book an appointment with one of our leading physicians. They will be able to create a unique care plan that takes into account your medical history and timescale. Best of all, your treatment plan avoids the risks associated with invasive knee surgeries and narcotics.
When you visit your pain doctor, they will spend time with you to fully understand your concerns. Our pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your knee pain and do their best to answer any questions.
In general, pain doctors obtain relevant medical information in the following ways: –
- A verbal medical history
- Blood tests to rule out other underlying conditions
- A physical examination of the knee joint
- Imaging scans (like X-Rays and ultrasounds) to gain a picture of the area
Once all this information has been collected and collated, your pain doctor will provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan. Your treatment plan will be tailored to your individual needs and will help you get back to your daily activities in a safe and effective way.
Are There Home Remedies For Knee Pain?
The good news is that there are ways to achieve knee pain relief at home. These techniques should not be used instead of receiving medical advice from a board certified pain physician.
In general, it is recommended that you: –
- Rest your knee when not using it.
- Ice your knee joint 2-3 times a day for up to 30 minutes at a time. Icing the knee reduces the inflammation and subsequent pain in the joint of the knee. Please ensure you wrap your ice pack in a towel to prevent ice burns on your skin!
- Compress your knee joint using a compression sleeve or knee brace. This will stabilize the knee joint and protect it from further damage.
- Elevate the knee joint on pillows. For best results, try to ensure your angle of elevation is higher than your heart level.
These short-term solutions can help to reduce pain and swelling in the knee joint. Receiving medical advice from a pain physician is vital to understanding what is causing your pain and how best to treat it.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
How Much Does Knee Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve taken the time to explore the best treatments for knee pain in nyc, you might be wondering how much knee treatment costs.
At our state of the art manhattan clinic, you will be welcomed into a modern and friendly medical facility. On arrival, a member of our front of house team will greet you and take your insurance details. They will explain your insurance cover and benefits to you. They will also speak directly with your insurance provider to ensure a smooth service so that you can get treated as quickly as possible.
Best of all, you won’t have to worry about any hidden bills or costs. Before you begin receiving treatment, you will be made fully aware of how much you need to pay (if any). Our staff will also be able to answer any on-going questions.
If you want to find out more information about the latest non-invasive treatment options for knee pain, please contact us on (855) 637-1915 where a member of our team will be happy to take your call.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What Doctor to See for Knee Pain: A Comprehensive Guide to Knee Pain Specialists
What Doctor to See for Knee Pain: A Comprehensive Guide to Knee Pain SpecialistsAre you experiencing knee pain and wondering what doctor to see? Knee pain is a common issue that affects millions of people, and it can be caused by various factors. Some people may...
How Do I Know If My Knee Pain Is Serious?
How Do I Know If My Knee Pain Is Serious?Knee pain is a common complaint, affecting millions of people worldwide. Knee pain can range from a minor injury, such as a sprain or strain, to a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention. In this article, we...
What is the Best Doctor to See for Knee Pain?
What is the Best Doctor to See for Knee Pain?If you’re suffering from chronic knee pain, you may be wondering what type of doctor you should see. There are many different healthcare professionals who can diagnose and treat knee pain, so it can be confusing to know...
Can I See A Chiropractor for Knee Pain?
Can I See A Chiropractor for Knee Pain?Knee pain can be a debilitating condition that can prevent you from engaging in your daily activities. Whether you have experienced an injury or have chronic knee pain, it can be challenging to find the right treatment to reduce...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at our Manhattan knee pain clinic. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.