The Top 5 Knee Pain Relief Treatments in New York
Who Provides The Best Knee Pain Relief in New York?
If you have knee pain, you might have searched the internet for ‘the best knee pain relief near me new york.’ It’s no wonder you might be worried about your knee joint pain. Knee pain can be caused by many different conditions and injuries. However, this leading medical clinic located in midtown manhattan provides the best non-invasive treatment options for knee pain. It combines the latest cutting-edge technology with a holistic approach to health care to get you back on your feet. Click HERE to schedule an appointment with a board certified, Harvard-trained pain doctor at this state of the art manhattan pain clinic.
Knee pain might raise many questions for you and in this article, time will be spent answering some of the most common questions associated with knee pain: –
- What are the best treatments for knee pain?
- What causes knee pain?
- What are the signs and symptoms of knee pain?
- What are the best home remedies for knee pain?
- Can you prevent knee pain?
The good news is that this leading pain clinic houses a team of knee pain physicians who are passionate about avoiding surgery and narcotics. Instead, these board certified pain doctors combine their abundance of experience with the latest medical research to provide you with a host of treatment options. These treatments are minimally invasive, low risk and pain-free. They boast positive patient outcomes and faster recovery periods than invasive surgeries! Let’s take a look at some of the latest treatments for knee pain in nyc.
What Are The Best Treatments For Knee Pain?
If you experience knee pain, you might be worried about the prospect of having to undergo surgery. However, knee surgery is risky and in many instances, it is not necessary!
The most recommended way to experience the best knee pain relief in new york is by receiving one of the following minimally invasive options at this leading Manhattan clinic: –
- Steroid injections – this is when a pain doctor injects steroid medicine directly into the knee joint. The steroid medicine provides instant knee pain relief. Local anesthetic can also be used to numb the knee joint.
- Platelet rich plasma injections – pain management doctors can take a small volume of your blood and condense the blood platelets. The high concentration of your platelets are then injected directly into the knee to encourage the growth of healthy new cells and tissue.
- Hyaluronic acid injections – hyaluronic acid is a natural component of joint fluid. If you have a condition like osteoarthritis, your knee might be inflamed and painful. Hyaluronic acid injections can lubricate the knee joint and alleviate knee joint pain.
- Radiofrequency ablation – rfa treatment is when a pain doctor transmits small currents of radiofrequency energy to the knee. The radiofrequency energy heats up and deactivates the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee joint. This stops the genicular nerves sending pain signals from the knee to the brain. Long-term pain relief is achieved without risky surgeries or narcotics. It is particularly recommended for those with chronic knee pain.
- Genicular nerve block – this can be used to diagnose knee pain as well as provide therapeutic properties. A G block is when a pain doctor injects local anesthetic directly near the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee. This ‘blocks’ the genicular nerves from sending pain signals from the knee to the brain.
These are just a few examples of the many different ways top pain doctors treat pain and avoid surgery. Instead of invasive procedures and narcotics, expert knee pain doctors advocate the latest non-invasive techniques in pain medicine. These treatment options are fast, pain-free and highly effective in treating a range of pain issues. What kind of pain issues can be treated? Let’s read on to find out!
What Causes Knee Pain?
So far we’ve looked at the best way to treat knee pain. Avoiding surgery and opting for minimally invasive procedures ensures a safer and more effective treatment outcome. Pain doctors are experienced in treating a variety of pain issues. Some of the most common knee issues include:
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is a large ligament connecting the shin bone to the thigh bone. The ACL can become torn or sprained when an individual changes direction too quickly. It is a common sports medicine injury.
- Bursitis – this is when the fluid-filled sacs (bursa) that surround the knee become inflamed and painful.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Knee arthritis – rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) and osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) can lead to inflamed, painful and swollen knee joints.
- Meniscus tears – the menisc are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of rubbery cartilage that cushion the knee joint. Meniscus tears can occur when an individual turns too quickly while bearing full weight on the knee. It is another common sports injury.
- Tendinitis – if the tendon is used too often (in running and jumping sports) it can lead to tendinitis.
If you experience knee pain or have any concerns about why you’re in pain, it’s vital you book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor. They will spend time with you to understand your knee pain and can create a customized care plan to get you back on your feet in a safe and healthy way.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Knee Pain?
If you experience knee pain, it’s vital you book an appointment with leading knee pain specialists. Your knee is vital for movement and bearing weight. If you leave your knee pain untreated, it could get even worse or lead to further health issues. A top knee doctor at this leading midtown manhattan clinic can provide you with a customized care plan centered around a minimally invasive treatment option.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of knee pain include: –
- Inability to straighten the knee and/ or bend the knee
- Pain, swelling and tenderness in the knee
- Warmth and redness around the knee
- Inability to put weight on the knee
- Weakness in the knee joint
- Popping, grinding or crunching sounds in the knee
Schedule an appointment today to receive world-class pain care in state of the art manhattan facilities. This expert clinic is located in midtown manhattan, near Grand Central Station. At this pain center, you will be able to spend time with a leading pain doctor and benefit from the best knee pain relief in new york.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
What Are The Home Remedies For Knee Pain?
It is true that there are some home remedies that can help to alleviate knee pain. These techniques can reduce the pain and swelling in the knee joint. However, they should not substitute medical advice from a board certified pain doctor.
There are four main tips that can provide some level of comfort. These include: –
- Rest – resting the knee joint when not in use.
- Ice – using an ice pack for 20-30 minutes up to 3 times a day. Ensure you wrap your ice pack in a towel to prevent the ice burning the skin!
- Compression – using a compression sleeve can keep the knee joint in place and provide stability.
- Elevation – resting your knee on pillows and ensuring it is above your heart level can reduce pain and swelling in the knee.
R.I.C.E. is a well-known home remedy for knee pain. For best results, it is recommended you seek medical attention from a board certified pain doctor in nyc. Your pain doctor will be able to create a unique care plan centered around your health status and timescale.
Can You Prevent Knee Pain?
While there are occasions where knee pain is unpreventable, there are some ways you can prevent future injury to your knee joint. Taking the appropriate steps can help protect your knee from damage. Once again though, it is recommended you seek medical attention and discuss your options with your pain doctor.
The best ways to prevent knee pain include: –
- Maintaining a healthy weight – this stops excess weight being carried by the knee joint.
- Wearing appropriate shoes – using insoles and ensuring your shoes are the correct fit for your feet can help increase the level of support your knee receives.
- Warming up before exercise and cooling down after exercise – taking time to stretch the muscles and ligaments relieves pressure on the knees.
- Wear a knee brace – this can stabilize the knee joint and keep it in place.
- Consider low-impact sports – walking, swimming and cycling are the best forms of exercise for the knee.
If you’re concerned about your knee pain or want to find out ways to support your knee, the best option is to book an appointment with a leading pain expert in NYC. Our pain doctors understand why you might be concerned about your knee pain and do their best to alleviate any concerns on your mind. They are passionate about using the safest and healthiest medical techniques to get you back to full health.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What Doctor to See for Knee Pain: A Comprehensive Guide to Knee Pain Specialists
What Doctor to See for Knee Pain: A Comprehensive Guide to Knee Pain SpecialistsAre you experiencing knee pain and wondering what doctor to see? Knee pain is a common issue that affects millions of people, and it can be caused by various factors. Some people may...
How Do I Know If My Knee Pain Is Serious?
How Do I Know If My Knee Pain Is Serious?Knee pain is a common complaint, affecting millions of people worldwide. Knee pain can range from a minor injury, such as a sprain or strain, to a serious condition that requires immediate medical attention. In this article, we...
What is the Best Doctor to See for Knee Pain?
What is the Best Doctor to See for Knee Pain?If you’re suffering from chronic knee pain, you may be wondering what type of doctor you should see. There are many different healthcare professionals who can diagnose and treat knee pain, so it can be confusing to know...
Can I See A Chiropractor for Knee Pain?
Can I See A Chiropractor for Knee Pain?Knee pain can be a debilitating condition that can prevent you from engaging in your daily activities. Whether you have experienced an injury or have chronic knee pain, it can be challenging to find the right treatment to reduce...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.
Visit our Book Appointment page and instantly request an appointment at our Manhattan knee pain clinic. We offer Free Insurance Verification before your appointment.