The Best Knee Pain Relief in Midtown Manhattan
Why Does My Knee Hurt?
If you have knee pain and want the best knee pain relief in midtown manhattan, then you’re not the only one. Both chronic knee pain and acute injuries can lead to varying intensities of discomfort. That’s why it’s vital you book an appointment with a board certified, Harvard-trained pain doctor at this leading manhattan pain clinic. Click HERE to make the first step in receiving first-class patient care in state of the art facilities. This exceptional pain clinic is located in the heart of the Big Apple (near Hudson Yards) and provides the latest non-invasive treatments for knee pain.
Some of the most common causes of knee pain include: –
- ACL injury – this is when the anterior cruciate ligament can tear or sprain. It is a large ligament connecting the thigh bone to the shin bone.
- Baker’s cyst – a fluid-filled cyst which can cause feelings of tightness behind the knee. It is usually caused by another condition like a cartilage tear or osteoarthritis.
- Bursitis – this is when the fluid-filled sacs surrounding the knee cap become inflamed.
- Dislocated knee cap – a sudden blow to the knee joint or a change in direction can cause the knee joint to knock out of place.
- Knee arthritis – osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) and rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) can lead to swollen, painful and inflamed knee joints.
- Meniscus tears – the menisci are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of rubbery cartilage that cushion the knee joint. They can become torn as a result of changing direction whilst bearing full weight on the joint.
These are just a few of the many different causes of knee pain. If left untreated, your knee pain could even get worse over time or lead to further health issues. Due to the varying causes of knee pain, it’s vital you seek medical attention from a board certified pain doctor.
Now you might be wondering, ‘what are the signs of a knee problem?’ Let’s take a look at the most common signs of knee issues before exploring the best knee pain relief in midtown manhattan.
What Are The Signs Of A Knee Problem?
So far, we’ve seen that there are numerous reasons why you could be experiencing knee pain. That’s why it’s highly recommended you seek medical advice from a board certified pain doctor.
It’s also helpful to look at some of the most common indicators of knee pain. Looking out for the following signs and symptoms can help to identify if you have a knee problem.
The most common indicators of a knee issue include:
- Redness and warmth
- Popping, clicking or grinding sounds
- Locking in the knee joint
- Unable to straighten the knee
- Inability to bend the knee
- Weakness or instability in the knee joint
If you experience any of the above, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment with one of our leading pain doctors. They enjoy spending time with each patient to fully understand their knee issues. Once they have established a diagnosis, then will create a customized care plan that avoids surgery and narcotics.
Let’s take a deeper look at some of the best ways to treat knee pain that avoid risky surgeries and narcotics!
How Is Knee Pain Treated?
Knee surgery is a highly invasive way to treat knee pain. It comes with many risks and in some instances, it is not even necessary! Blood clots, breathing difficulties, wound infections and long recovery periods are inherent to knee surgery. Just because your knee joint is painful doesn’t mean your treatment has to be painful too!
As well as knee surgery, it’s important to consider the risks posed by over-reliance on narcotics, NSAIDs and opioids. It is no secret that the U.S. is in the midst of an opioid epidemic, with addiction rates continually on the rise. Health officials also warn against taking pain medication for long periods of time due to adverse health consequences.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
Instead, our experienced pain doctors create unique care plans that avoid the risks associated with knee surgery and narcotics. This is because they recognize that an invasive approach to pain care might not be the best way to maximize your health.
Let’s take a look at some of the best ways to achieve knee pain relief in midtown manhattan:
- Platelet rich plasma injections – prp treatment combines the body’s own healing abilities with the latest cutting-edge technology. A pain doctor injects your knee joint with your own blood platelets to stimulate the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the knee.
- Steroid injections – a pain doctor can inject steroid medicine directly into the joint of the knee. This immediately reduces the inflammation and subsequent pain in the joint. Some doctors also use local anesthetic to numb the knee and make it more comfortable.
- Radiofrequency ablation – if you want to avoid steroid medicine, rfa treatment may be your best option. Rfa treatment describes when small currents of radiofrequency energy are transmitted to the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee. This heats up and deactivates the genicular nerves. As a result, long-term pain relief is achieved without steroid medicine or narcotics.
- Genicular nerve block – this describes when a pain doctor injects local anesthetic near the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee. This stops the genicular nerves from sending pain signals from the knee joint to the brain. This can provide long-lasting knee pain relief.
- Physical therapy – a top doctor can recommend the best physical therapist to work with you. Your physical therapist will create an exercise regimen which will build strength in the knee. Physical therapy can help reduce pain and increase mobility and confidence.
Best of all, you won’t need to worry about the risks associated with knee surgery or narcotics. These treatment plans are low-risk, safe and highly effective in reducing knee pain.
How Do You Relieve Knee Pain At Home?
In addition to seeking medical advice from a pain doctor, there are a few techniques which can provide good knee pain relief.
The following tips can help to reduce inflammation and pain in the knee: –
- Resting your knee when not in use.
- Ice the knee joint to reduce inflammation. Once your inflammation has reduced, your pain may subside. Apply ice 2-3 times a day for 20 – 30 minutes at a time. Always wrap your ice pack in a towel to prevent skin burns.
- Compress the knee joint by wearing a knee brace or compression sleeve. This helps keep the knee joint stable.
- Elevate the knee joint on cushions and ensure it is above heart level.
Trying these techniques can help to alleviate knee pain. However, they should not be used as a substitute for receiving medical advice from a board certified pain doctor. As we’ve seen, there could be many reasons why you experience knee pain. Receiving an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan is vital to ensuring your successful recovery.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
Can You Prevent Knee Injuries?
The good news is that there are many different ways you can help to protect your knee joint. Your knee joint is responsible for bearing your weight, enabling you to move and provides stability. That’s why it’s vital that our knees are protected!
Some ways you can protect your knee joint include: –
- Wearing shoes that are supportive – having cushioned insoles can help.
- Ensuring you stretch properly before and after exercise. Stretching helps to strengthen the muscles around the knee.
- Maintaining a healthy weight prevents excessive weight being placed on your knee joints.
- Taking part in low impact sports like cycling and swimming.
- Wearing a knee brace during exercise or after sustaining a knee injury can provide good knee support. Talk to your doctor to ensure you find a knee brace that is safe for your joint.
How Much Does Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve explored the best knee pain relief in midtown manhattan, you might be questioning how much it can cost.
Before your knee treatment starts, a member of our front of house team will explain your insurance coverage and benefits. They will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. Our front of house staff liaises directly with your insurance provider to provide a smooth and fast service.
Best of all, you won’t need to worry about seeing any surprising bills or costs. Before you start your treatment, you will have full knowledge of how much you owe (if applicable).
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.