Before you try a brand new recipe, you read the directions carefully. Knowing what ingredients are included, how to prepare your mise en place, and what types of dishes and utensils you need is critical to create an outstanding final dish. The methods you use to dissect this new recipe come from years of experience in the kitchen, where you’ve honed your skills and can instinctively see what parts of a recipe need more attention than others.
For doctors who specialize in knee pain, the same methodology applies. A pain doctor meets with a patient, listens closely to their pain concerns, and is able to use their expertise to prioritize what needs to be completed first in the diagnosis and treatment of their knee pain.
At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain specialists know exactly how to treat knee pain in New York. Our pain doctors are Harvard trained and board certified knee pain experts. Their depth of knowledge in the field of pain management allows them to create a customized knee pain treatment plan that works for each individual patient.
What Are The Best Treatments for Knee Pain in New York?
Visiting a pain management doctor is the best way to receive proper diagnosis and treatment for chronic knee pain in New York. If you first meet with an orthopedic surgeon or knee surgeon, know that surgery is likely the only pain relief option discussed. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain specialists spend their careers studying and applying the most modern pain management treatments for meniscus tears, pain and swelling, and knee joint pain. Some of the minimally invasive pain management treatments offered by our pain doctors in NY include:
- Steroid Knee Injections: This minimally invasive knee pain treatment is also known as a corticosteroid injection. Your knee pain doctor in NYC uses a corticosteroid injection to offer fast-acting relief to inflamed bursa, muscles, and tendons.
- Genicular Nerve Block: If you suffer from severe knee pain, then a genicular nerve block (G-block) is a highly-effective knee pain treatment. Genicular nerves are the nerve endings that send pain signals to your brain, and a G-block effectively “blocks” pain signals. Your pain doctor may need to administer several G-blocks for the affected genicular nerves around your knee.
- Physical Therapy: Your pain specialist works with a physical therapist to create a customized exercise plan for your knee pain issues. The goal of physical therapy is reducing pain and swelling, while increasing strength and flexibility.
When you meet with the knee pain experts at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll discuss the proper course of treatment for your knee pain which could include a G-block, radiofrequency ablation, or platelet rich plasma injection.
Who Are The Top Pain Specialists for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Knee Pain?
If you live in New York, NY, the top pain specialists are found on Madison Avenue at Pain Treatment Specialists. Our pain doctors offer the most accurate and thorough diagnosis and treatment of chronic knee pain at their clinic in Midtown Manhattan. Every pain management specialist is chosen for their impressive resume in the field of pain medicine, as well as their expertise in minimally invasive pain management treatments. If you want to get rid of your knee pain in New York, meet with one of the following top pain specialists:
- George Hanna: Double certified in anesthesiology, as well as interventional pain management and pain medicine, Dr. Hanna is a former faculty member at Harvard Medical School. He was appointed as Director of Pain Innovations and Technology after his time as a Clinical Instructor of Anesthesiology at Harvard. Dr. Hanna uses this expertise with his patients at Pain Treatment Specialists during each patient consultation.
- Namrata Khimani: As a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology, Dr. Khimani is a leader in the field of interventional pain medicine. She is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, and a leader in the proper diagnosis and treatment of chronic knee pain. Dr. Khimani’s patients describe her as easy to talk to, and able to clearly describe both the diagnosis and treatment of their knee pain.
When you’re ready to get rid of knee pain in New York, schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where our Harvard trained knee pain doctors are the best in NYC.
How Can I Address Knee Pain and Swelling At Home?
If you suffer from knee joint pain caused by knee arthritis, then pain and swelling are common symptoms you feel on a daily basis. You can treat these symptoms with some at-home knee pain remedies, but visiting a pain management specialist is still the best route to achieve long-term knee pain relief. Some at-home knee pain treatments include:
- Keep Your Body Active: There is a fine line between keeping yourself active and going too hard during your exercise routine. If your knee hurts, you should try low-impact exercises such as swimming, yoga, or tai chi to keep your knee moving with gentle motions. Biking, hiking, or running on pavement might be best avoided while your knee shows pain and redness or pain and swelling.
- Manage Your Weight: Just 10 extra pounds on your frame can add up to 50 pounds of pressure on your joints. Shedding those extra pounds is not only good for your cardiovascular health, but it’s also great for your knee joints.
- Be Conscious of Your Posture: You can minimize knee pain by being conscious of your posture, which reduces stress on your knees. Some ways to do this include avoid sitting for long periods of time, wearing proper footwear with arch support, and checking your posture while sitting and standing to ensure you’re not slouching.
Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists today to meet with the top experts in knee pain in New York. Located on Madison Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, our pain clinic is conveniently located near Penn Station for easy access across NYC and northern NJ.