Who’s The Best Doctor For Knee Pain Near Me NYC?
If you’re looking for the best way to treat acute and chronic knee pain, this state of the art pain center Manhattan is your best option. This modern and friendly clinic houses a team of board certified, Harvard-trained knee pain specialists who use minimally invasive treatment options that avoid surgery.
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest invasive treatment options like surgery. However, knee surgery is inherently risky and can involve many complications. Some of the most common complications from knee surgery include:-
- Blood clots – these can occur during many different types of surgery
- Infection – infection can take hold at the wound site
- Artery injuries – the legs contain arteries behind the knee which can be damaged during surgery
- Nerve damage – permanent or semi-permanent nerve damage can occur
Once the knee surgery has been completed, there are also issues with postoperative recovery periods. For example, opioids, NSAIDs and narcotics are necessary to combat knee joint pain. However, this can lead to over-reliance on these substances which, in turn, have negative health consequences. It is no secret that the U.S. is in the middle of an opioid epidemic. Addiction rates are soaring and health officials warn against the adverse health effects of this.
The great news is that this state of the art pain center Manhattan NYC can help combat acute and chronic knee pain using the latest techniques in pain management. A top pain management doctor at this clinic can provide you with the latest non-invasive knee treatments which minimize any risk and maximize your health. Best of all, these non-invasive treatments are pain-free, highly effective and are provided by board certified, Harvard-trained pain management doctors.
If you have issues with your knee joint and want to receive the best treatment from a top pain physician, be sure to book an appointment to explore your options on: (888) 767 – 3227. Their state of the art pain center is located in the heart of the Big Apple, near The Empire State Building.
What’s The Best Way To Treat Knee Pain?
So far, we’ve explored why it’s vital you book an appointment with a top knee doctor at this Manhattan clinic. It’s important you understand exactly what is causing your knee joint pain so you know the safest and healthiest way to treat it. If you leave your pain untreated, it could get worse over time or even lead to further health issues.
Surgery is not the best way to maximize your health and can sometimes create more problems than it solves. The best treatment options include low risk, highly effective pain treatments at this modern New York pain center.
Now let’s look at the best treatment options for your knee joint pain.
The best doctor for knee pain near me NYC can recommend a top physical therapist NYC. A physical therapist can provide you with gentle exercises for you to complete at home. These exercises have the aim of improving the strength, flexibility and mobility of your knee joint. Physical therapy works well in conjunction with a minimally invasive treatment option.
Steroid injections are a popular treatment amongst knee doctors. A top knee pain doctor NY can inject a mixture of local anesthetic and corticosteroid medicine directly into the knee joint. This provides instant pain relief and reduces inflammation in the knee. As a result, long-term pain relief is achieved during a quick and simple procedure. Some patients even request 2-3 steroid injections for maximum effect.
Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
Platelet rich plasma (prp treatment) is an exciting area of pain medicine. It combines the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to healthcare. It works on the principle that our own body contains platelets which can be used to stimulate the growth of healthy new cells and tissue in affected joints.
During this procedure, a top knee doctor for knee pain near me NYC can draw up a small volume of your blood. This blood sample is then run through a machine called a centrifuge. The centrifuge extracts platelets in the blood which are then injected directly into the knee joint. These platelets are then able to encourage the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the joint of the knee.
Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve
The genicular nerves are sensory nerves located in the knee joint. They are responsible for sending pain signals from the knee joint to the brain. However, a top pain doctor nyc can use a small generator to transmit radio frequency energy to the knee joint to heat up the nerves. Once the genicular nerves are heated up, they become deactivated. This means they are no longer able to send pain information to the brain. As a result, long-term pain relief is achieved in a safe and highly effective way.
Why Do I Have Knee Pain?
Knee pain is becoming increasingly common. It is thought that our modern, sedentary lifestyles are one of the major risk factors for developing knee issues. However, there are many different underlying health conditions that can lead to symptoms of knee pain. That’s why it’s vital you seek medical attention from a board certified pain doctor.
Let’s look at some of the most common reasons individuals experience knee pain:-
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is one of the major ligaments of the knee. An ACL injury typically occurs in athletes who undergo sudden changes in direction (like soccer players).
- Knee arthritis – knee arthritis is one of the most common causes of knee pain. It can be a mechanical form of knee arthritis (osteoarthritis) or due to an autoimmune disease (rheumatoid arthritis). It leads to stiff, painful and swollen knee joints.
- Dislocated kneecap – this occurs when there is a sudden blow or trauma to the kneecap. As a result, the knee can become dislodged. In some instances, the kneecap can fall back into place, but it is still recommended you seek medical attention from a pain doctor to ensure the knee joint is healthy.
- Meniscus tears – the menisci are two disc-shaped pieces of cartilage that have a rubbery texture and are located between the upper and lower leg bones. This cartilage can tear if the knee is suddenly twisted whilst full weight-bearing capacity is put on it.
- Tendonitis – a tendon injury can cause the tendon to become inflamed. This is particularly common in athletes who are always jumping or running.