When it comes to finding “the latest” or “the best”, your friends all know that they can turn to you. Want the best workout app? You’ve got a list of your top choices, along with reasons why each one works for you. Need to know which show to binge watch on Netflix over the weekend? You can recommend comedies, dramas, and documentaries that your know your friends will love. However, when it comes to chronic pain, you’re not sure where to turn. You’ve been plagued by knee pain for longer than you can remember, and have just tried to tune out the pain. Recently, your knee joint pain is really starting to affect your daily activities, and causing you to avoid things that you normally enjoy. Stressed, you reverse the friendship roles and ask your crew where you should go for knee pain treatment in NYC.
“Oh, you have to call Pain Treatment Specialists! They’re the best!”
You trust your friends’ advice, but decide to do a little research on your own. You can see that Pain Treatment Specialists include a team of knee pain doctors in New York who are all board certified and Harvard-trained. You also notice that each knee pain doctor also specializes in minimally invasive knee pain treatments in NYC. One of the reasons why you’ve avoided seeking treating for your chronic knee pain is you feared knee replacement surgery would be the only option. Making an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists seems like the next call you’ll be making to meet with a knee pain Dr. in New York.
Who is the Best Knee Pain Dr. in New York for Meniscus Tears?
The best knee pain Dr. in New York for meniscus tears is one who uses more conservative methods before resorting to surgery,. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our knee pain specialists are pain management doctors, and not orthopedic surgeons. This means that they specialize in minimally invasive knee pain treatments in NYC such as steroid injections, nerve blocks, and radiofrequency ablation for knee pain relief. If your first visit for minor knee pain was to an orthopedic surgeon, don’t be surprised when knee surgery is mentioned as a possible solution for your chronic pain. Some of the top knee pain doctors in NYC at our Midtown Manhattan pain clinic include:
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna’s experience in the field of pain medicine and anesthesiology is unmatched. Not only is Dr. Hanna a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, he is also the school’s former director of Pain Innovations and Technology. This was followed by a stint as Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center. Dr. Hanna’s approach to knee pain treatments in NYC is getting patients back on their feet without pain, and with the most conservative methods available. His expertise in pain medicine allows him to create customized treatment plans for every patient.
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, and a nationally recognized leader in pain medicine. At her pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll often find her colleagues in the field of pain medicine observing her treatments, patient relationships, and knee pain assessments.
Both Dr. Khimani and Dr. Hanna are two of the top knee pain doctors in NYC. You’ll find them both at Pain Treatment Specialists, where all of our pain management doctors are carefully selected for their excellent bedside manner, as well as their accomplishments and experience in the field of interventional pain medicine.
What are the Most Effective Knee Pain Treatments in NYC?
After looking up Pain Treatment Specialists, you decide to research other methods of knee pain relief, such as platelet rich plasma therapy, and heat and cold therapy for minor knee pain. You decide that consulting with the knee pain specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists is the best way to go for minimally invasive, and highly effective, knee pain treatments. A knee pain Dr. in New York at Pain Treatment Specialists offers the following minimally invasive knee pain treatments:
- Physical Therapy: One of the most conservative treatments for knee pain is physical therapy. Your physical therapist works with your knee pain doctors to create a customized treatment for knee pain. During a session of physical therapy, you’ll work on improving the strength of your knee, as well as the flexibility and mobility of your knee joint.
- Steroid Injection: One of the side effects of chronic knee pain and osteoarthritis is pain and swelling. The friction caused by your bones rubbing together causes intense knee pain, and a corticosteroid injection numbs that pain and also provides anti-inflammatory relief.
Don’t continue to suffer in silence just because you think knee surgery is your only option. Contact a knee pain Dr. in New York, like the Harvard-trained team at Pain Treatment Specialists, for effective knee pain relief.
How Can I Administer At-Home Knee Pain Treatments for Minor Knee Pain?
Minor knee pain is an inconvenience that often occurs after overuse or strenuous activities. Your knee might feel stiff, sore, or appear swollen. You can administer some at-home knee pain remedies that can alleviate this minor knee pain, but should still see a knee pain specialist if your pain persists for more than a few days. Our pain management doctors recommend the following at-home knee pain treatments for minor knee pain:
- RICE: This acronym stands for “rest, ice, compress, and elevate.” Commonly used by athletes, this four-step treatment involves utilizing a few items around your home for pain relief. Rest your knee and avoid strenuous activities until you’re feeling better. Keeping you knee moving through gentle movements like stretching is fine, but running or skiing might be too high-stress. Ice your knee in 20 minute intervals in order to decrease swelling, and compress your knee with a bandage or wrap to provide additional support. Elevate your knee with pillows or a chair to reduce stress on your knee joint.
Find out why your friends all trust Pain Treatment Specialists for their chronic pain issues. Meet with a knee pain Dr. in New York at our Midtown Manhattan pain clinic and find out why our Harvard-trained team is the best in the city.