Any time you’re searching for a new service, searching on the internet is where we primarily begin. However, much like your high school English teacher warned you, knowing how to search for information is critical to finding the best results. Remember that paper you did in 9th grade where you researched the role of food in ancient Egypt? It took a lot of practice before you just stopped typing in “Egypt” and sorted through thousands of results that have nothing to do with your topic. Typing in more specific search terms resulted in more accurate information.
The same is true when you’re looking for a pain management doctor for your chronic knee joint pain. If all you type in is “best knee pain Dr.”, you’ll find a host of results from knee pain specialists across the country. Adding more specific details, such as “best knee pain Dr. near me in NY” helps refine your search information into results that apply to your area. If you live in NYC, Midtown Manhattan, or northern NJ, the best knee pain Dr. near me in NY is found at Pain Treatment Specialists. Schedule an appointment today and find out why our pain clinic appears at the top of every “best of” list of pain management doctors in NYC.
Meet a Top Knee Pain Dr. Near Me for Painful Knees
When your knees ache, it’s easy to try and push the pain into the background of your life. You gradually modify your day and activities in order to work around your knee pain. However, if you take inventory over the past few months and really look at what you’ve changed, or stopped doing, you’ll notice a drastic difference. A knee pain Dr. near me in NY knows how much knee pain can alter your quality and life, and uses minimally invasive knee pain treatments to regain your motion and mobility. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our team of board certified knee pain doctors want every patient to live their life to the fullest. Here are some of the knee pain doctors in NYC that you’ll meet at our Midtown Manhattan pain clinic:
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna is certified in anesthesiology, pain medicine, and pain management. He is also a former Clinical Instructor of Anesthesiology at Harvard Medical School, where he trained medical students in the fields of anesthesiology and pain medicine. Dr. Hanna brings this expertise to our NYC pain clinic, where patients describe him as warm, caring, and knowledgeable. As a knee pain specialist, he strives to return patients to a pain-free life without surgery.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney is also a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he taught palliative medicine, pain medicine, and anesthesiology to medical students. His expertise in pain management is showcased at national medical conferences, where he speaks to his colleagues about the latest knee pain management techniques.
A knee pain Dr. near me in NY should not only have outstanding medical qualifications and training, but also a kind and caring bedside manner. At Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll find that each of our pain management doctors possess all of the qualities. Book an appointment today and see how much better you’ll feel about our knee pain treatments in NY.
What is the Difference Between a Ligament Injury, Ligament Tear, and Meniscus Tear?
Not all chronic knee pain is created equal! Depending on the underlying conditions or injuries you’re facing, there is a difference between a ligament tear, ligament injury, meniscus tear, or chronic knee joint pain.
A ligament injury could involve one of 4 major ligaments in your knee. These 4 ligaments include the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL), and lateral collateral ligament (LCL.) The most common injury occurs with an ACL, where your knee twists or turns unexpectedly and causes a ligament injury. If you ski or play basketball or football you are at a higher risk of an ACL injury. However, this ligament injury can also occur due to a quick, sudden shift in your balance. Symptoms of a ligament injury or ligament tear include a popping sound when the injury occurs, swelling, and weakness when you put pressure on your leg.
A meniscus tear is both debilitating and excruciatingly painful. However, it’s also very common, and is one of the most frequent knee cartilage injuries. You meniscus cushions the knee and stabilizes your knee joint, while protecting your bones from wear and tear. A quick shift or turn can cause a meniscus tear, which occurs when you change direction quickly. Symptoms of a meniscus tear include difficulty bending or straightening your knee, or a feeling of your knee “locking” or getting stuck.
No matter the diagnosis of your knee pain, know that you can find a knee pain Dr. near me in NY for proper pain relief. Trust the pain management doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists for the best knee pain treatment in NYC at their pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan.
What do Pain Management Doctors Recommend for At-Home Knee Pain?
Suffering a knee injury or dealing with painful knees makes your day difficult. Not only does your knee pain make you alter your day’s plans, but it also creates intense pain and discomfort that you need to overcome in order to make the most of your day. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our board certified pain management doctors know that you may need to employ some at-home knee pain treatments for pain relief. While you should still book an appointment at a knee pain Dr. near me in NY, you can find some knee pain relief at home by using:
- OTC Medicine: Over-the-counter pain medicine is fine for knee pain relief, and helps you get through a day with minimized pain. Please do not exceed the daily recommended dosage and make sure to tell your knee pain doctor how effective this knee pain relief was.
- Stretch and Keep Mobile: Even though your knee pain makes you want to be still, keeping yourself active helps your knee stay fluid and active. Low-impact activities like tai chi, yoga, and swimming are great examples. These movements can prevent soreness and stiffness.
- Ice and Heat Therapy: Ice your knee in 20 minute intervals, and also use a heating pad to loosen stiff knee joints and knee muscles. The ice helps reduce swelling and pain, and the heat feels good and keeps your knee limber.
Schedule an appointment today at Pain Treatment Specialists,where you’ll meet with a knee pain Dr. near me in NY who understands your knee pain issues. Our board certified and Harvard-trained knee pain specialists know how to treat painful knees, and return each patient to their best life.