Aging happens more quickly than we’d like. One day you’re zooming down the ski slopes with reckless abandon, and the next you’re icing your knee after a trip down the bunny hill. Gaining knowledge and wisdom are 2 wonderful assets we gain as we age, but we also start to lose certain physical abilities due to wear and tear. Your knee joints in particular are rips for common knee problems such as osteoarthritis and patellar tendonitis. When you think of the multitude of motions we make every day that require our knee’s stability and support, it’s no wonder that our knee joints take the brunt of our body’s stress.
If your knee joint or knee muscles are aching, don’t wait to seek medical advice. Contact the best knee pain Dr. in Midtown at Pain Treatment Specialists. Located in Midtown in New York, NY, our pain clinic is on Madison Avenue, and well-equipped to handle both complex and common knee problems. Our knee pain doctors in NYC utilize a wide variety of minimally invasive knee pain treatments that work to relieve the aches and pain associated with wear and tear. Schedule an appointment today to meet with our compassionate and Harvard-trained knee pain doctors.
Who is the Top Knee Pain Dr. in Midtown?
At Pain Treatment Specialists, we don’t just have the top knee pain Dr. in Manhattan, we have an entire clinic full of them! All of our knee pain doctors in NYC are carefully vetted to ensure only the most extensive backgrounds in pain medicine, as well as a kind and sympathetic bedside manner. Some of our best pain management doctors include:
- Dr. George Hanna: As a nationally recognized pain management specialist, Dr. Hanna is also double certified in interventional pain management and pain medicine. He is a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, and was later appointed Director of Pain Innovations and Technology. Dr. Hanna’s patients note that he is easy to talk to about knee pain, and he follows through with highly-effective knee pain treatments.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney is also a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he taught in several fields such as anesthesiology, pain medicine, and palliative care. He shared this background in pain medicine with underserved communities in Kenya, where he showed local doctors how to properly use image-guided pain procedures.
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, as well as a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. As a native New Yorker, she takes pride in treating her fellow citizens of the Big Apple and restoring their quality of life.
The knee pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists rank as the best in NYC, if not the country. Schedule an appointment today to meet with one of our knowledgeable pain management doctors, located in Midtown Manhattan.
What Are Some Common Knee Problems?
Knee problems affect many people at one point in their lives. Perhaps you fell on some ice and bruised your knee cap, or had a very vigorous workout and felt extra soreness in your knee. Whatever the case, your knee pain management doctor in NYC will be able to diagnose and treat your chronic knee pain and identify what is causing your knee pain issues.
Knee pain can be acute, chronic, or medical in nature. Acute knee pain is caused by an accident or injury to your meniscus, knee joint, or knee cartilage and ligaments. When someone takes a nasty tumble and tears a ligament, this is considered an acute injury. The same would hold true for a car accident, or other traumatic injury caused by a sudden, jarring movement.
Chronic knee pain is caused by repetitive motions or overuse. For example, patellar tendonitis is known as “jumper’s knee” and is commonly found in athletes who jump often, such as basketball players or skiers. Some common knee pain symptoms of overuse include pain, swelling, and instability.
Medical conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis or an infection also cause intense knee pain. Be clear about your medical history with your knee pain Dr. in Midtown, since this can shape your treatment plan.
No matter the cause of your knee pain, the knee pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists are able to customize a knee pain treatment plan that works just for you. Call our pain clinic, located in Midtown Manhattan, to schedule an appointment with our top-notch team.
How Can I Treat Knee Joint Swelling At Home?
Utilizing at-home knee pain treatments helps alleviate the pain and swelling associated with common knee issues. No, you might not have access to platelet rich plasma for knee pain treatments, but you can certainly utilize tips and treatments suggested by our knee pain doctors in NYC. Some of their suggestions include:
- RICE: This acronym stands for “rest, ice, compress, and elevate.” Used together, these 4 steps are highly effective at keeping knee pain at bay. Rest your knee when it feels weak or tired, and avoid strenuous or repetitive motions. Ice your knee in 20 minute intervals, which helps with pain and swelling. Use a compression bandage to help provide additional support, and elevate your knee when possible to promote blood circulation and reduce swelling.
- OTC Medicine: Over-the-counter medicines work fine to curtail your knee pain. Be sure to tell your knee pain doctor in NYC whether or not this provided sufficient pain relief, and do not exceed more than the daily dosage.
Common knee problems don’t need to become commonplace in your life! Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists to see how a knee pain Dr. in Manhattan gets you to feel good about aging, even if your hairline doesn’t agree!