Where Can I Find The Top Knee Pain Doctor Near Me Manhattan?
If you are struggling with knee pain, then you aren’t the only one. Knee pain (both chronic pain and acute pain) are becoming more common due to our modern lifestyles. Doctors believe this could be due to excessive weight gain putting more pressure on the knee joint, in addition to general lack of exercise and movement. However, knee pain can also be a symptom of another underlying health condition. If left untreated, your knee pain could get worse over time or lead to other health complications. That’s why it’s important to book an appointment with the best knee pain doctor near me manhattan.
Pain doctors (also known as pain management specialists or pain management doctors) are leaders in the field of pain medicine. They rely on the latest cutting-edge techniques to provide you with the best conservative treatments that maximize health and avoid surgery.
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons rely on surgical treatments and long-term use of narcotics to target pain. However, surgery is not a decision that should be taken lightly because it involves many risks. Some examples include blood clots, wound infections, over-reliance on narcotics, and lengthy recovery periods. Many of these invasive surgeries are not necessary as there are plenty of conservative treatment options available.
The best knee pain doctor near me will combine a holistic approach to health with the best minimally invasive procedures. Knee doctors spend time getting to know their patient and understand their pain complaint. They may take blood and order scans to identify the root cause of knee pain, or to rule out other underlying health conditions like knee arthritis. Once they have established the diagnosis, they can provide you with a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment in addition to the best physical therapists.
If you’re looking for the best knee pain doctor near me manhattan who is offering the latest minimally invasive treatments, consider booking an appointment with one of our top pain specialists. Our pain management doctors are board certified, Harvard doctors who provide the latest cutting-edge procedures. The state of the art clinic is conveniently located in the heart of the Big Apple, next to the Flatiron neighborhood and not too far from Grand Central Station.
What Are The Best Conservative Treatments?
It’s important to book an appointment with one of our board certified, Harvard doctors. Pain doctors combine the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to health to maximize your health and minimize risk. Unnecessary and invasive surgeries are risky and do not optimize health outcomes. It is no secret that the United States is in the midst of an opioid epidemic, with narcotics and other NSAIDs becoming more popular amongst Americans. Rather than rely on these risky and unnecessary treatment methods, consider exploring your options with one of our pain doctors. Let’s take a look at the top three treatments provided by our top new york pain doctors.
Steroid Knee Injections
Steroid knee injections are usually the first treatment protocol for knee pain. They are a fast and simple way to target knee pain without invasive measures. During this procedure, a pain doctor injects a corticosteroid and local anesthetic into the knee joint. This provides powerful anti-inflammatory properties which alleviates knee pain. Steroid injections can be received 2-3 times and have powerful, long-lasting effects.
Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve
Radiofrequency ablation of the genicular nerve is a popular non-surgical treatment choice. It is one of the best treatments available for chronic knee pain. During rfa treatment, a pain doctor provides you with medication to make you feel comfortable. They use X-ray guidance to gain a picture of the knee joint and establish the best injection sites. Once these sites have been located, the pain doctor will inject local anesthetic. Alternating heat technology is then used to heat up needles and increase the temperature of the genicular nerves in the knee. By heating up the nerves, pain signals are prevented from being transmitted to the brain. This is an effective way to alleviate knee pain and help you return to regular activities.
Genicular Nerve Block
Genicular nerve blocks help pain specialists to both diagnose and treat knee pain conditions.
Genicular nerve blocks describe when a pain doctor injects local anesthetic near the genicular nerves in the knee joint. Some doctors use X-ray guidance to ensure they are placing the needles with maximum accuracy. By preventing the nerves from sending pain signals to the brain, patients can experience effective pain relief.
Pain doctors can recommend top physical therapists to help you. Physical therapists help patients to manage their condition and can help them achieve long-term health benefits. They can provide you with exercises to help you restore, maintain or improve your pain condition.
What Should I Look For In My Pain Doctor?
If you’re interested in exploring treatment options with one of our board certified, Harvard doctors, consider booking an appointment with the best knee pain doctor near me manhattan. Our pain doctors are leaders in the field of medicine and are ready to help you get back to full health as soon as possible. Let’s look at the credentials of our top pain specialists:
- Board certified – all of our pain doctors have achieved board certification. Some of our pain specialists have even achieved triple board certification! This means that our pain doctors have passed rigorous medical examinations and have achieved the highest possible levels of training.
- Harvard alumni – our medical team are graduates of Harvard Medical School. Harvard only accepts students with the highest personal and academic standing for their medical program. By obtaining a medical degree from Harvard, our pain doctors have undergone extensive medical training with some of the top physicians in the world.
- Minimally invasive treatments – our pain doctors believe in combining the latest techniques in medicine with a holistic approach to health care. That’s why they are passionate about exploring treatment options with their patients to get them back to full health without risky and invasive surgeries.
- Friend and caring – our pain doctors understand that you might be worried about your knee pain. That’s why they spend time with their patients to gain an overall picture of the problem area and provide a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to your needs.
- Convenient location – our state of the art clinic is based in Midtown Manhattan. We are located near Grand Central Station and Penn Station, with excellent subway links too. We regularly welcome patients from around the world who arrive to receive the best minimally invasive pain treatments.
If you’re interested in feeling the benefit from visiting one of our exceptional pain doctors, consider booking an appointment to discuss your options. Our pain doctors are on-hand to answer any questions you may have and to get you back to full health with the best treatments available.