Knee pain is like the unwanted gift that just keeps on giving. Much like a fruitcake, or a cheap, clumsy gadget, you have no real use for it in your life—yet there it is. Looking forward to a nice run to start your day? Knee pain says, “Not today, buddy.” Wanted to walk around a quaint village looking for antiques? Your knee pain makes you feel like the antique who has seen better days. Thankfully, you don’t just have to grit your teeth and try to go about your day as if nothing was wrong. Consulting a knee pain doc near me in NY is the first step to finding a solution for your joint pain.
At Pain Treatment Specialists, our knee pain management doctors are experts in chronic knee pain. Not only do they complete a comprehensive evaluation of your knee pain during your initial consultation, they then create a customized treatment plan that relieves your chronic knee joint pain. By avoiding surgical treatment, the knee pain specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists provide effective pain relief through minimally invasive procedures. The easiest part about finding a knee pain doc near me in NY is booking an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists’ Midtown Manhattan office.
Who is the Top Knee Pain Doc Near Me in NY?
The best knee pain doc near me in NY is found at Pain Treatment Specialists, where we have an entire team of Harvard-trained knee pain specialists. Each of our pain management doctors is chosen because of their extensive backgrounds in pain medicine, as well as interventional pain treatments. How are our knee pain specialists different than an orthopedic surgeon? Orthopedic surgeons specialize in knee replacement surgery for meniscal tears and joint pain. Surgical treatments are not always the best option for chronic joint pain or other issues affecting the knee. At Pain Treatment Specialists, we employ more conservative modalities first that offer effective pain relief. Some of the top knee pain docs near me in NY include:
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney was awarded chief resident during his anesthesiology residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, which was followed by a fellowship in palliative medicine at Harvard. Dr. Volney also spent 7 years as a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he taught medical students in his fields of expertise including pain medicine, palliative care, and anesthesiology. When you meet with Dr. Volney, you’re meeting with a knee pain doc in NY who treats the whole patient, not just their knee pain.
- Dr. Michael Nguyen: Dr. Nguyen is a pioneer of many of the knee pain treatments currently used across the globe. He is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in Pain Medicine, and is also a former instructor at Harvard Medical School. Athletes and celebrities seek Dr. Nguyen for knee pain treatment, because he is the best knee pain doc near me in Manhattan!
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and see how easy it is to get rid of chronic knee pain for good at our cutting-edge pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan.
What Are Effective Treatment Options for Knee Joint Pain?
Avoiding knee replacement surgery is the goal of interventional pain medicine. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain management doctors use their knowledge in this field to avoid surgical treatment and instead focus on the pain issues affecting the knee. Surgery is a long and painful process, and should only be utilized when medically necessary. Instead, our knee pain specialists use a variety of minimally invasive knee pain treatments such as:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is an excellent tool that helps build strength in your knee, knee joint, and knee muscles. Your physical therapist is an expert in exercise science, which gives them the ability to know which muscles, tendons, and parts of your knee are affected. Then, they’ll create a customized exercise plan that works for your specific knee joint issues.
- Steroid Knee Injection: Osteoarthritis causes a great deal of pain and swelling due to the reduction of your knee’s natural cartilage. When this barrier breaks down, your knee joints begin to rub together, creating painful friction and irritation. A steroid knee injection uses a corticosteroid to reduce the pain, swelling, and inflammation. A knee pain doc near me in NY uses a special x-ray to determine the precise location of your knee pain, and then administers the injection.
- Genicular Nerve Block: If you suffer from severe knee pain, then a genicular nerve block could be the pain-free answer you’ve been waiting for. Medication is injected into your genicular nerves, which are responsible for transmitting pain signals to the brain. Your knee pain doctor typically targets three nerves, which only takes a few minutes per nerve. Since it’s an outpatient procedure, you’ll be back on your feet the same day.
It’s time to stop letting knee pain take control of your life. Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and see how much more you’ll enjoy life without chronic knee pain.
Is Surgical Treatment a Better Option for Knee Joint Pain?
Unless it is deemed medically necessary, surgical treatment is not the best option for knee pain. This is why the knee pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists focus on minimally invasive knee pain treatments before considering surgery. There are many risk factors and items to consider before scheduling a full knee replacement, which isn’t always needed. Our knee pain doctors in NYC outline the following reasons why avoiding surgical treatments for knee joint pain is advised:
- Surgery is risky. Any time you have to be admitted into the hospital and go under anesthesia, something major could go wrong. You have the chance of complications, infections, or an ineffective procedure. These are all things you should avoid if at all possible.
- The recovery time for knee replacement surgery isn’t quick. You won’t pop out of bed the next day feeling ready to tackle the world; instead, you’ll feel like the world actually tackled you. You’ll likely need to spend a few weeks in a rehabilitation facility until you’ve gained enough strength and mobility to regain independence.
- Pain pill addiction happens too easily after major surgery. If you can avoid any reason to take prescription narcotics, you should do it.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists where you’ll find the best knee pain doc near me in NY, as well as relief from your chronic knee pain. It’s time to take back control in your life, and stop letting your chronic knee pain run the show.