Finding a community of excellent services is part of enmeshing yourself within a community. You know you’re a real local when you can readily advise the best Italian restaurant, give directions to that bomb egg and cheese bagel at your nearby bodega, and detail why one gym is better than its competitor. This comes from your own personal experiences, listening to the recommendations of friends and family, and lots of “near me” searches in your internet history.
Finding relief from knee pain is no different. Since this is something that you’re not looking for on a regular basis, finding the best knee pain doc near me in New York is something that requires a little bit of legwork on your end.
Luckily, we can take the burden of this legwork away! You won’t find a more qualified team of knee pain specialists than the Harvard-trained doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists. If you’re looking for the best knee pain doc near me in New York, you’ve found them with our team of highly-qualified and board certified knee pain doctors. At our pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, we use minimally invasive knee pain treatments for knee joint pain, osteoarthritis, bursitis, and other knee pain conditions. When you schedule an appointment at our knee pain clinic in NYC, you’ll find another place on your “locals” list that you can easily recommend to all of your friends.
Meet The Best Knee Pain Doc Near Me in New York
When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you won’t just find one top knee pain doc near me in New York, you’ll find an entire team of them! Each of our knee pain specialists are carefully chosen for their expertise and background in interventional pain medicine. The knee pain specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists do not recommend knee surgery unless it is medically necessary, and avoid dangerous, addictive narcotics for pain treatments. This is what makes their consultations different from meeting with orthopedic surgeons, who use knee replacement as their primary method of treating knee pain. Here are some of the knee pain doctors you’ll meet with at our knee pain clinic on Madison Avenue:
- Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology, which is only achieved after passing a very rigorous examination process. She is a knee pain doc near me in New York who is not only a Harvard Med School graduate (with honors!) but also a proud born and raised New Yorker. Dr. Khimani’s colleagues in pain medicine travel from across the country to observe her knee pain treatments.
- Michael Nguyen: Dr. Nguyen is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in pain medicine, and also completed his residency and advanced pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. Like Dr. Khimani, Dr. Nguyen regularly has colleagues come to NYC and study the latest advances in pain management treatments for lower back pain, knee pain, and hip pain.
Book an appointment today and meet with Dr. Khimani, Dr. Nguyen, or another outstanding member of our pain management team at Pain Treatment Specialists.
How Do Knee Pain Specialists Treat Chronic Knee Pain?
A knee pain specialist’s job is using interventional pain medicine to avoid knee replacement surgery. This is why all of the knee pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists have such extensive backgrounds in pain medicine and anesthesiology. Their goal is to get patients back on their feet quickly through minimally invasive knee pain treatments. How do they do this? By identifying and isolating the cause of each patient’s knee pain, and then treating the pain at its source. At our pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, we offer the following knee pain treatments:
- Physical Therapy: Your knee pain doctor works with a physical therapist and creates a series of exercises and motions that build strength in your injured knee. Since your physical therapist is an expert in exercise science, as well as your knee’s anatomy, they are well-trained to know exactly which muscles, ligaments, and tendons need attention. You’ll leave PT feeling stronger, more stable, and with greater range of motion in your knee.
- Steroid Injections: Osteoarthritis can leave your knee joint swollen, sore, and inflamed, This is because your knee’s cartilage is wearing away, causing the bones to rub together. During a steroid injection, your knee pain doctor uses a special x-ray to identify exactly where your pain is occurring, and then injects a corticosteroid shot. A corticosteroid injection provides pain relief, and also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Genicular Nerve Block: Your genicular nerves are very sensitive, and move pain signals to the brain. Using a special x-ray, your knee pain specialist locates the exact area for treatment, and then uses a combination of a local anesthetic and a corticosteroid to calm your genicular nerves and stop the transmission of pain signals. Three nerves are usually targeted, which takes just a few minutes per injection.
Please call Pain Treatment Specialists’ Midtown Manhattan location and begin the process of finding a knee pain treatment that works for you.
What Are Different Types of Knee Joint Pain?
Knees are marvelous examples of your body’s sleek and seamless engineering! When all of the parts work together well, you can bend, jump, twist, and climb with ease. When one of these components is out of place, you feel intense knee pain and a limited range of motion. Your knee pain doctor will identify the type of knee joint pain you’re experiencing during your initial consultation. Knee joint pain falls under one of 3 categories:
- Acute Pain: Acute pain is caused by a fall, accident, or injury. You can identify exactly when your knee pain began, and the difference between what you used to do easily and what is now difficult. An example of acute knee pain is an ACL tear, which occurs when you take a bad landing or twist your knee unexpectedly.
- Chronic Pain: This type of pain occurs from wear and tear or overuse of your knee. Bursitis, also known as jumper’s knee, is an example of chronic pain.
- Medical Conditions: Rheumatoid arthritis or gout are examples of underlying medical conditions that cause your knee pain.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and meet with a top knee pain doc near me in New York. Located near Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll now be “in the know” when it comes to recommending a knee pain expert in NYC!