The older we get, the more our discussions evolve with our friends. When we were younger, talking about what club we’ll hit in the city was a hot topic of conversation, but it isn’t quite as relevant when you drive a sensible SUV and have to cart your kids to soccer practice on Friday night. Your life experiences change the trajectory of your interests and discussions, but you still turn to your friends when you need help. It used to be for help improving your dating life, but now you need help with your knee pain and hip pain. Before you consider a hip replacement or knee replacement surgery, you’ll consult with your friends who also suffer from chronic knee or hip pain.
Each one of your friends said that they consulted with the highest quality knee Dr. near me in Midtown at Pain Treatment Specialists . Here, they found a team of knee pain doctors in New York City who did not jump right to hip replacement or knee replacement for pain relief. Instead, their team of knee pain specialists used their extensive backgrounds in pain medicine and pain management to ensure relief from chronic knee pain. Feeling relieved that you don’t have to consider major surgery as a treatment option, you decide to book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists in order to find the best path back to a pain-free life.
Meet the Highest Quality Knee Dr. Near Me in Midtown
What makes the knee pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists different from orthopedic surgeons? Orthopedic surgeons use surgery as their primary method of knee pain treatment. This is because their backgrounds trained them to repair knee pain with surgical treatment. However, knee replacement surgery is not only invasive and painful, there’s also no guarantee that it will work. Instead, a knee Dr. near me in Midtown at Pain Treatment Specialists prefers to use more conservative methods for knee pain first. As you’ll see, all of our knee doctors in Manhattan have extensive training in pain medicine, anesthesiology, and pain management, which puts them on the forefront of knee pain medicine. Some of our top knee specialists include:
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, and a nationally recognized leader in pain medicine. She earned a highly prestigious certification as a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. She also completed an advanced fellowship in interventional pain management at Brigham and Women’s Hospital: Harvard Medical School.
- Dr. George Hanna: Double certified in anesthesiology, interventional pain management, and pain medicine, Dr. Hanna is a top knee Dr. near me in Midtown. He served as Clinical Instructor of Anesthesiology at Harvard for 3 years, and was later appointed to Director of Pain Innovations and Technology. In addition to Dr. Hanna’s expertise in these fields, he is also a kind and warm pain doctor. His patients describe feeling genuinely cared for at his pain clinic in NYC, and leave feeling like they’re received the highest quality care for their knee pain.
When you schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with a Harvard trained knee pain doctor who cares about your overall well-being, and getting you back to the activities you love.
What Are the Best Options for Knee Pain Treatment in New York City?
“Minimally invasive knee pain treatments are the way to go!” echo your friends. Every one of them was in the same position as you and had increasingly worse knee pain that wasn’t going away on its own. They all agreed that meeting with a knee Dr. near me in Midtown at Pain Treatment Specialists was something they wish they’d done sooner for knee pain relief. They feared meeting with a knee doctor because they thought knee replacement surgery would be discussed, but were pleased to find out that there are many other cutting-edge treatments available. Some of the minimally invasive knee pain treatments offered in Midtown include:
- Physical Therapy: Using their background in sports medicine and exercise science, a physical therapist creates a customized knee pain treatment plan. The goal of physical therapy is building strength in your affected knee, and improving your range of motion through specific exercises and motions.
- Steroid Treatments: A steroid knee injection is highly effective at targeting knee pain. A knee Dr. near me in Midtown uses a special x-ray to precisely locate the exact area of your knee pain, and then administers a steroid injection. The steroid reduces pain and swelling in your knee, and gets you back on your feet the same day.
- G-Block: A genicular nerve block is a cutting-edge knee pain treatment that blocks pain signals from your genicular nerve. Your genicular nerves are responsible for sending pain signals to your brain, so this treatment provides immense knee pain relief.
Your knee pain doctor will discuss the wide variety of knee pain treatments available at Pain Treatment Specialists, and which one is right for you. Book an appointment and see how easy it is to get back on your feet without intense knee pain.
Are There Effective At-Home Knee Pain Treatments?
There is no substitute to meeting with a knee pain specialist, but you can find some effective at-home knee pain treatments. A top knee Dr. near me in Midtown at Pain Treatment Specialists recommends the following tips:
- RICE: This acronym stands for “rest, ice, compress, and elevate.” Using these 4 steps helps reduce pain and swelling, and provide additional support and comfort for your affected knee.
- OTC Medicine: Using over the counter medicine, like ibuprofen or aspirin is fine, and can provide short-term pain relief. However, you should not take more than the daily recommended dose.
- Exercise: Keeping your body active with gentle exercise keeps your knee joints moving in a healthy way, and is also good for your stress levels.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where you’ll meet with a top knee Dr. near me in Midtown. There’s a reason why all of your friends recommend this pain clinic near the Empire State Building, and it’s because their results are highly effective.