Summer sunshine means it’s time to head outside to make up for all of the time you spent snuggled up on the couch during winter snowstorms. You throw on your shorts and a tank top, and head out to the beach to collect some shells and take in the ocean breeze. Off in the distance, you see a glittering piece of sea glass that would look perfect in a beachy vase on your mantle. You pick up your pace before you lose sight of your treasure, but your knee buckles under the increased pressure.
If this isn’t the first time your knee has let you down, you’re not alone. Knee pain is a common ailment that affects many people every day. What kind of treatment options do knee pain doctors offer? When you’re seeking orthopedic care from NY orthopedics or orthopedic surgeons, surgical treatment is discussed as a treatment option. If you’re looking to avoid the hassle of invasive knee surgery, book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, the top knee doctor in NY. Our knee pain doctors use minimally-invasive knee pain treatment options that are designed to restore strength and increase mobility in your affected knee.
Who Are The Best Knee Doctors in NY?
It’s critical to research what different types of doctors do for knee pain before you book an appointment. Orthopedic doctors or orthopedic surgeons typically use surgical treatment, such as a knee replacement, as their main course of remediation. The difference between an orthopedic surgeon and a pain doctor is that an interventional pain doctor uses a variety of minimally-invasive treatments to remedy your knee pain. At Pain Treatment Specialists, the best knee doctor in NY, our pain clinic only employs pain doctors. These highly-qualified practitioners of pain medicine avoid surgery whenever possible and rely on pain management techniques. Some of the top knee pain doctors in NYC include:
- Dr.Michael Nguyen: Dr. Nguyen is a triple board certified pain doctor and one of the best knee doctors in the US. He is certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in Pain Medicine, and often has colleagues in this field visit his pain clinic to observe the latest pain management techniques.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Double board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine by the American Board of Anesthesiology, Dr. Volney has utilized his expertise in pain management in communities across the world. His work in Kenya used guided pain procedures to help people in this underserved community. As a knee doctor in NY, Dr. Volney creates customized knee pain treatment plans that value each patient’s input and pain levels.
Before you seek orthopedic care, please call the expert pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists to book an appointment. Our Harvard trained pain doctors use their expertise in pain medicine to create a customized knee pain treatment plan for every patient.
What Types of Knee Pain Treatment Options Are Most Effective?
When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, our knee doctors in NY will carefully listen to your knee pain concerns. Then, they will create a customized knee pain treatment plan that works to relieve pain, swelling, and lack of mobility in your affected knee. At our state of the art pain clinic in Manhattan, our Harvard trained pain doctors have a wide variety of cutting-edge knee pain treatments at their disposal. Instead of relying on surgical treatments, our knee pain doctors in NYC may utilize one of the following knee pain treatment options:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is used in conjunction with pain management treatments to build up strength in your injured knee. A physical therapist’s job is to help you improve movement and manage your knee pain. By restoring your knee daily’s functions through specialized treatment techniques, you will leave PT stronger than when you arrived.
- Steroid Injection: This knee pain treatment should only be conducted by a knee pain Dr. in NYC. During this minimally-invasive procedure, your knee doctor in NY uses an x-ray or ultrasound to locate the inflamed bursa, muscles, or tendons, and injects a corticosteroid into the knee for pain relief. This corticosteroid reduces pain and swelling, and offers fast-acting pain relief.
- Genicular Nerve Block: Also known as G-block, this knee pain treatment option is both cutting-edge and highly effective. Your knee doctor in NYC uses x-ray guidance to place a needle near your genicular nerve. This nerve is responsible for transmitting pain signals from your knee to your brain. When the G-block is administered, it blocks the knee’s pain signals, providing immediate pain relief.
Book an appointment today at Pain Treatment Specialists to discuss one of these highly-effective knee pain treatments, which are all administered by our Harvard trained team of pain doctors.
What Are Some At-Home Knee Pain Treatment Options?
While it is best to schedule an appointment with a highly-qualified knee pain doctor, you may want to take steps on your own to mitigate your knee pain. According to our knee pain doctors, the following are some steps you can take to administer your own at-home knee pain remedies:
- Use the RICE Method: This common acronym stands for “rest, ice, compress, and elevate.” When you rest your knee, it means that you need to avoid activities that cause knee pain, and also alter your daily activities as much as possible. If you normally take the stairs at work, take an elevator for the time being. If you typically go to the gym right after work, maybe avoid that for a few days. Ice your knee in 20 minute intervals and compress your knee with a bandage to reduce swelling. Elevate your knee whenever possible with an object like a chair or coffee table to reduce pressure, pain, and swelling.
- Use Over-the-Counter Medicines: Using over-the-counter pain relief is fine, but pay attention to the maximum dosage allowed on the label. If you find yourself taking the maximum amount and still not feeling substantial pain relief, taking more than what’s recommended won’t help.
Get yourself back to the beach quickly! Schedule an appointment today at Pain Treatment Specialists. Located near Grand Central Station, this knee pain clinic, and the top knee doctors in NY, are your best choice for eliminating knee pain.