Where Can I Find The Best Knee Doctor Near Me NYC?
Knee pain is one of the most common pain issues currently affecting millions of Americans. It is believed that the increasing frequency of knee pain is due to our more sedentary lifestyle and diet changes. The problem is that if we leave knee pain untreated, it can get worse over time. Knee pain could also be a symptom of an underlying health condition that you may not know about – that’s why it’s vital to book an appointment with a top pain doctor NY.
Pain doctors are experts in diagnosing and treating many different kinds of pain. It could be that you have sore knees due to sports injuries or that you’re struggling with a chronic condition. Regardless of why you’re in pain or the treatments you’ve had in the past, a knee doctor is the best way to explore treatment options.
You might be wondering ‘where can I find the best knee doctor near me NYC’ and your search may have taken you to many different orthopedic surgeons and pain specialists. However, even top pain management experts can be too quick to rely on surgery and narcotics as their preferred treatment options. Knee surgery is risky and can lead to many different health complications. For example, some risks of surgery include:-
- Problems associated with general anesthetic
- Breathing issues after surgery
- Blood clots
- Wound infections
- Long recovery periods
- Over-reliance on NSAIDs, narcotics and opioids
As well as considering these risks and complications, surgery is not always necessary! There are many different non-invasive treatment choices which avoid surgery and instead promote the body’s own ability to heal in conjunction with cutting-edge technology.
The best knee doctor near me NYC will be a board certified Harvard pain doctor based at this top manhattan pain clinic. Rather than using surgery and narcotics to treat pain, these top pain experts use the latest minimally invasive techniques. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks and complications associated with knee surgeries or narcotics. Your pain may be causing you discomfort, but that doesn’t mean your treatment has to be uncomfortable too!
Before committing to knee surgery or relying on narcotics, consider scheduling an appointment with a board certified Harvard doctor. These Harvard doctors are passionate about creating a customized care plan that gets you back on your feet in a safe and effective way.
What Are The Best Knee Treatments?
So far, we’ve explored the importance of booking an appointment to see a top Harvard pain expert. It’s important that you understand what is causing your knee pain and how best to treat it. Knee pain can be a symptom of underlying health conditions. It can also get progressively worse over time and lead to secondary issues, such as your posture. However, you don’t have to rush into knee surgeries or narcotics because the best pain doctors in New York will spend time with you so they can create a meaningful and customized treatment plan. Let’s look at some of the latest knee treatments available.
Steroid injections contain a mixture of a corticosteroid medicine and a local anesthetic. These work hand in hand to reduce any inflammation in your knee joint whilst providing immediate pain relief. Steroid injections are extremely popular because they are fast and effective in reducing any pain and inflammation. Many patients receive 2-3 steroid injections to feel the full benefit of this treatment option.
Hyaluronic Acid Injections
Hyaluronic acid is a component of synovial fluid. It naturally occurs in the body to ensure that cartilage is kept lubricated. This enables your knee joint to move with ease and without any friction. Some conditions (like arthritis) mean that your knees can become painful, stiff and swollen. HA injections work by ensuring this effective lubricating fluid is injected directly into the knee joint. This ensures the cartilage is more supple and the joints will be able to glide over one another without any friction.
Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve
Radiofrequency ablation is a cutting-edge procedure that promotes health and avoids unnecessary risks associated with surgery and narcotics. It is highly effective in helping patients to avoid knee surgeries and boasts successful patient outcomes.
Rfa treatment uses alternating heat technology to increase the temperature of the genicular nerves in the knee. The genicular nerves are responsible for sending pain information from the knee joint to the brain. Rfa treatment works by deactivating the genicular nerves via this alternating heat technology. This stops the brain from registering pain due to the fact that the genicular nerves are unable to transmit pain signals. Rfa treatment is an exciting and highly effective area of pain technology. It is an excellent option for patients who may be concerned about using steroids or pain medications.
Genicular Nerve Block
A genicular nerve block is when a pain doctor injects local anesthetic near the genicular nerves in the knee. This ‘blocks’ the genicular nerves and stops them from sending pain information from the knee to the brain. It is a highly effective treatment option as it provides instant pain relief.
A top pain doctor NY can recommend the best physical therapist to work with you during your treatment process. A physical therapist can provide you with gentle exercises. These exercises improve your strength, mobility and flexibility in the knee joint. Physical therapy works very well with a minimally invasive treatment option and can help get you back to your daily activities.
What Should I Look For In The Best Pain Doctor NYC
As well as providing the latest minimally invasive treatments, there are many factors to consider when selecting the best knee doctor near me NYC. It’s vital that you feel comfortable with your pain doctor because healthy doctor-patient relationships can impact the quality of your treatment.
At this top Harvard knee pain clinic, you can be assured of the following:
- Board certification – all of the top pain doctors NYC have achieved board certification. Many of the top pain doctors are double and triple board certified. This shows that they have achieved the highest possible levels of medical training. They are extremely experienced and provide the latest minimally invasive treatments. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience in pain medicine.
- Harvard doctors – the pain specialists at this clinic have completed their medical training at Ivy League institutions. Harvard is the top medical school in the world and only accepts applicants who demonstrate exceptional diligence and determination. These Harvard doctors are passionate about further advancing pain medicine and regularly contribute to medical articles, conferences and textbook chapters.
- State of the art clinic – this top-rated Harvard clinic is based in Midtown Manhattan in the heart of New York City. It provides a welcoming arrival with an expert medical team who are committed to getting you looking and feeling your best with safe and effective treatment choices. This clean, spacious and friendly clinic is near the 4,5,6 the 1,2,3 and a,c,e subway lines. It is just around the corner from Grand Central Station.
- Customized care plan – it’s vital that your treatment plan is tailored to your individual needs. That’s why these pain specialists spend time understanding your pain complaint and work with you to ensure it meets your expectations. Regardless of whether you have sporting injuries or chronic pain, these doctors will get to the root of the problem and provide the latest conservative treatments.
If you’re interested in visiting this state of the art Harvard clinic, please call (646) 493 0282. Our friendly and experienced team are looking forward to helping you get back to looking and feeling your best.