Some things in life are unavoidable. Every April, we know that it’s time to pay the tax man, even if that’s the last thing we want to spend our money on. Every fall, we know that snow is soon to follow, and it’s time to put your snow brush in the car and install your winter tires. Sometimes we feel like other things are unavoidable, when there’s really several alternatives to explore first. Take chronic knee pain for example. Many people believe that the only solution for knee pain is a knee replacement, and that is the only way they’ll ever experience pain relief. However, this isn’t the case! There are many treatment options available for knee pain that do not involve invasive surgery.
At Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with a knee doc in New York whose goal is to return you to a pain-free life quickly. How is this accomplished without surgery? By having a team of interventional pain doctors who specialize in pain medicine. Since each knee pain doctor has extensive training in pain medicine, they possess both the knowledge and the tools to administer minimally invasive knee pain treatments. When you book an appointment at our pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll find the greatest variety of minimally invasive treatment options in New York, NY.
What is the Difference Between a Knee Doc in New York and Orthopedic Surgeons?
When you visit a top knee doc in New York, make sure you’re visiting a pain treatment specialist and not orthopedic surgeons. Orthopedic surgeons are likely to recommend knee replacement surgery because this is where their training and expertise is focused. Orthopedic surgeons spend their careers studying knee replacements and knee surgeries as the only method of knee pain relief. However, at Pain Treatment Specialists, all of our knee pain doctors are board certified pain medicine specialists. This means that each knee pain Dr. in NYC at our pain clinic uses minimally invasive treatments for knee pain relief. When you book an appointment at our pain clinic on Madison Avenue, here’s some of the pain doctors you’ll meet:
- Dr. George Hanna: In addition to being a nationally recognized pain management specialist and certified in anesthesiology, pain medicine, and interventional pain management, Dr. Hanna is highly rated by his patients. People who meet with Dr. Hanna comment on his warm personality, and ability to listen carefully to their knee pain issues. He goes above and beyond for every person who enters his pain clinic because he truly cares about giving people the gift of a pain-free life.
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is recognized by the American Board of Anesthesiology as a nationally recognized pain specialist, She is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, and regularly has her colleagues in pain medicine observe her knee pain treatments at the NYC pain clinic.
When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’re making a commitment to finding your way to a pain-free life. Same day appointments are sometimes available at our pain clinic in New York, NY, and most insurance plans are accepted.
Why Should I Avoid a Knee Replacement?
Scheduling a knee replacement before discussing other treatment options is a lot like buying a new engine before letting a mechanic inspect your car. You could waste a lot of time and money on something that might not fix your initial problem. When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll discuss a wide variety of minimally invasive knee pain treatments, such as injections, ablations, and physical therapy. Your knee doc in New York will not recommend knee replacement surgery unless it is medically necessary, and all other treatment options have been exhausted.
Why should you avoid a knee replacement? First, surgery is invasive and subject to complications. Any time you go under the knife or are admitted to the hospital, there is the potential for serious side effects. Knee replacement surgery isn’t just a minor, quick surgery like getting your tonsils removed. Your orthopedic surgeon needs to replace several atrophied components of your knee with artificial joints. There is the potential that your body could reject the replacement parts, or they could become infected. Next, the recovery time for a knee replacement surgery takes about 4-6 weeks. During this time, you’ll be off your feet, need someone to help you get around the house, and will need time off of work. Finally, knee replacement surgeries often lead to an unintentional narcotics addiction. These pills are given for pain relief during the recovery process, but are habit-forming.
If you want to explore a variety of treatment options that do not involve surgery, contact the knee pain specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists. Located in New York, NY, our medical center is one of the best knee pain clinics in the nation.
What are Some Minimally Invasive Treatment Options Offered at Your Medical Center?
Cutting-edge knee pain treatment options are readily available at Pain Treatment Specialists, where our team of knee pain doctors are interventional pain experts. Your knee doc in New York will carefully explain your treatment options, and decide on a plan that works best for you. Some of the knee pain treatments offered at our clinic include:
- Physical Therapy: A physical therapist uses their background in exercise science to rehabilitate your knee. Using weights, machines, and aerobic activity, your physical therapist creates a customized treatment plan that works with your specific knee pain diagnosis.
- Steroid Injections: Corticosteroid injections are used to decrease pain and swelling in your affected knee. Your knee pain doctor uses a special x-ray to determine the exact location of your knee joint pain, and then administers the steroid injection. You’ll be up and on your feet later that day.
- Lubricant Injections: A lubricant injection is similar to the fluids that are already in your knee joint. This is useful for people suffering from osteoarthritis, or other knee pain conditions where your knee bones rub against each other.
Don’t go along with a knee replacement surgery until you explore other treatment options. Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists , where you’ll meet with a knee doc in New York who uses minimally invasive knee pain treatments. Conveniently located near Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan, our pain clinic is easy to reach from anywhere in NYC or northern NJ.