A Harvard Trained Knee Doc Near Me in NYC Discusses Knee Pain Treatment Options
If your knee pain is becoming increasingly worse, why haven’t you pursued pain treatment options? Mainly because you fear hearing the words “knee replacement.” You’ve seen family members and friends struggle through this painful process and don’t want that same awful news on your doorstep. Instead, you do what you can to modify our daily activities, avoid more strenuous activities like biking (which you love!), and always keep an ice pack handy. When you stop to look at how different your life is from one year ago, you realize how many sacrifices you’ve made just to keep your knee pain at bay. You decide that it’s time to find some relief from your knee pain that doesn’t involve knee replacement surgery, and book an appointment at a knee doc near me in NYC.
Your call to Pain Treatment Specialists is prompted by their use of minimally invasive knee pain treatments. Their Harvard trained knee specialists do not recommend knee replacement surgery unless it is medically necessary, and instead use pain management for knee pain. The recovery times for their procedures are very short, with most patients getting back on their feet the very same day. You wish that you pursued this avenue of minimally invasive knee pain treatments earlier, but look forward to getting back to your old, pain-free life.
Meet With a Knee Doc Near Me in NYC for Knee Pain Relief
What is the difference between an orthopedic surgeon and a pain management doctor? Orthopedic surgeons specialize in knee replacement surgery as their main method of knee pain treatment. Pain management doctors use minimally invasive knee pain treatments like physical therapy and nerve blocks for knee pain treatments. There are many effective options available that do not involve painful and invasive surgery. When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with a knee doc near me in NYC such as:
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna is the former Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center, and also spent time as a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School. His experience in pain medicine is sought after by his colleagues in this field, and he often speaks at national medical conferences about the latest innovations in pain management.
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is a nationally recognized pain specialist, and also a Harvard trained knee doc near me in NYC. She completed an advanced fellowship in interventional pain management at Brighman and Women’s Hospital: Harvard Medical School. Dr. Khimani’s patients often mention how easy she is to talk to about their knee pain, and how effective her knee pain treatment plans are at eliminating knee pain.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney completed a fellowship in palliative medicine at Harvard, where he later became a Clinical Instructor in anesthesiology and pain medicine. His comprehensive knee pain treatment plans address a patient’s overall health and wellness, with the goal of returning every person back to a pain-free life.
Dr. Hanna, Dr. Khimani, and Dr. Volney look forward to meeting with you at their pain clinic on Madison Avenue. Please call Pain Treatment Specialists and meet with the city’s top knee specialists.
What do Knee Specialists Recommend for Knee Pain Treatment Options?
The knee specialists at Pain Treatment Specialists recommend minimally invasive knee pain treatments for chronic knee pain. They are highly effective at removing knee pain, and call for very short recovery times. A knee doc near me in NYC uses their expertise in pain management to create a customized knee pain treatment plan that works for each patient’s specific knee pain concerns. Some of the minimally invasive knee pain treatments offered at our pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan include:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is one of the most conservative knee pain treatments. During your physical therapy sessions, you’ll work on building strength in your knee and increasing its flexibility and mobility. Your physical therapist may also use heat or cold treatments to reduce your knee pain and swelling.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Steroid Injections: Your knee pain doctor uses a special x-ray to determine the perfect location for a steroid injection. This injection delivers a corticosteroid to your knee, which reduces pain and swelling. This is often used in conjunction with physical therapy for knee pain relief.
- Genicular Nerve Block: Also known as G-block, the cutting-edge procedure should only be administered by an expert in pain medicine and anesthesiology. A G-block stops your knee’s genicular nerves from sending pain signals to your brain, which provides tremendous pain relief.
Before you consider a knee replacement, meet with a knee doc near me in NYC who uses minimally invasive knee pain treatments. At Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll find a wide variety of effective knee pain treatments with short recovery times.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
Can I Tackle At-Home Knee Pain Management?
Yes, you can find some relief from at-home knee pain treatments. Using the RICE (rest, ice, compress, and elevate) method is a great way to reduce pain and inflammation in your knee. Avoiding strenuous activities like biking or running gives your achy knee some rest. You can replace these high-stress activities with more gentle exercises like swimming or yoga for a good workout.
Losing weight is also a great way to put less stress on your knee joint. It’s also good for your overall health and wellness. Over the counter pain medicines like ibuprofen or aspirin are also useful for temporary knee pain relief.
Please call Pain Treatment Specialists for the most cutting-edge knee pain treatments in NYC. Located near Grand Central Station on Madison Avenue, you’ll meet with a knee doc near me in NYC who knows how to get you back to full strength!
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.