How a Top Knee Doc Near Me in NY Diagnoses and Treats Knee Pain
Baking holiday sweets is an annual tradition that is passed down between generations of families. It takes a lot of planning and preparation to ensure that every cookie, tart, cake, and pie turns out perfectly, which means getting all of your ingredients bought and prepared before you preheat the oven. You decide to stock up at the grocery store while these items are on sale, and spot a great deal on nutmeg on a lower shelf. Squatting down, your knee crackles, and standing up requires some assistance from your shopping cart. You’ve felt knee pain before, but it’s never made you reconsider your movements. You quickly grab a few more items before checking out, not willing to risk a repeat performance of your weak, crunchy knee.
You’re not an expert in bones and joints, but feel like it’s time you visit someone who is. Researching “knee doc near me in NY” is your first step for finding treatment options for your knee pain, and you keep coming across Pain Treatment Specialists. Their website is clear, easy to navigate, and provides ample information about their pain doctors and knee pain treatment options. Not only are their Harvard trained knee specialists experts in pain management, they also have a wide variety of cutting-edge tools to diagnose and treat chronic knee pain. You decide that as soon as this next batch of cookies finishes baking that you’ll book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists.
Is a Knee Doc Near Me in NY Going to Recommend Knee Replacement?
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna is the former Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard, and is also double board certified in anesthesiology, pain management, and pain medicine. In addition to his extensive training and service in these fields, Dr. Hanna makes meeting with a pain doctor a pleasurable experience! His patient ratings consistently mention his patient and kind demeanor, and his willingness to go the extra mile when creating customized knee pain treatment plans.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney is a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he taught palliative care, pain medicine, and anesthesiology. He frequently authors textbook chapters on pain management for medical textbooks, and is invited to national medical conferences to speak about the latest knee pain treatments.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and see how Dr. Hanna, Dr. Volney, or another member of our Harvard trained team uses minimally invasive knee pain treatments that provide effective knee pain relief.
What are Some Treatment Options Offered at a Top Pain Clinic?
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapists use their background in sports medicine and exercise science to create customized knee pain treatment plans for each patient. During your PT session, you’ll go through a series of exercises and aerobic exercises designed to build strength in your affected knee.
- G-Block: Your genicular nerves carry pain signals to your brain. By blocking these pain signals, you don’t feel the pain in your knee. That’s exactly what a G-block does! A knee doc near me in NY uses a special x-ray to locate your affected genicular nerves, and administers a local anesthetic injection that numbs your genicular nerves. Typically, 2-3 injections around the knee are needed to block knee pain.
- Steroid Injections: A steroid injection reduces the pain and inflammation associated with knee pain. Your knee pain doc in NYC uses a corticosteroid injection to help with your knee’s pain and lack of mobility.
When you schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with a knee doc near me in NY who has a wide variety of knee pain treatments available at their pain clinic on Madison Avenue.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
What are the Different Types of Knee Pain?
A chronic knee injury occurs when your knee makes the same repetitive motion on a daily basis. Athletes like bikers or runners often suffer from chronic knee injuries like bursitis or patellar tendonitis due to this repetitive wear and tear.
Medical knee pain is the result of an underlying medical condition like gout or rheumatoid arthritis. Dealing with the underlying issue first often addresses the knee pain effectively.
Keep your holiday baking traditions alive without having to work around your chronic knee pain.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where you’ll meet with a knee doc near me in NY who provides highly effective knee pain relief. You’ll find our pain clinic near the Empire State Building in Midtown Manhattan.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
Knee Pain Treatment: What to Expect and What to AvoidIf you're reading this article, chances are you or someone you know is experiencing knee pain, and you're seeking answers on how to effectively manage and treat it. At New York Knee Pain Doctor, led by...
The Benefits of Knee Pain Treatment for AthletesAre you an athlete struggling with knee pain, desperately searching for relief and a way to get back to your peak performance? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the unique challenges athletes face when dealing...
What to Do After Knee Pain Treatment: A Recovery GuideIf you've recently undergone knee pain treatment, you're likely eager to regain full mobility and get back to your daily activities. At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the importance of a smooth and...
How to Choose the Right Knee Pain Doctor for YouIf you are suffering from chronic knee pain, you understand how debilitating it can be. Knee pain can significantly affect your quality of life, making even simple tasks like bending down or climbing up or down the...