Fall weather is just crisp enough for a comfy sweater, but not so cool that you require heavy layers of clothing. This means it’s the perfect chance to enjoy the outdoors comfortably… and also quite fashionably. You pick a day when the leaves are at their peak, and decide it’s the perfect time to update your Insta with some cute and cozy fall pics. Finding a particularly colorful leaf on the ground, you squat down to pick it up. This will look perfect tucked behind your ear! As your knees bend, you instantly feel knee pain that makes it difficult to stand back up. Your bones and joints have been aching recently, but this might be the final push you need to visit a knee doc near me in New York.
Where can you turn for expert knee pain relief? Trust the Harvard-trained knee pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists for your knee pain treatment. At our pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll find a team of knee pain doctors in NYC who are committed to offering minimally invasive treatment options for chronic knee pain. If your bones and joints feel more sore, tender, or weak than normal, you owe it to yourself to book and appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and find out the proper diagnosis and treatment of your knee pain issues.
Meet a Knee Doc Near Me in New York
Even though your adorable fall outfit looks great, you don’t feel great in it. That’s because your knee pain and swelling makes it difficult to put on boots and bend down to put on skinny jeans. Walking in a boot heel also means you need to watch your step, as wet pavement mixed with fallen leaves could spell disaster if you slipped or twisted your knee.When you’re ready to stop tiptoeing around your knee pain, it’s time to meet with a knee doc near me in New York who specializes in minimally invasive treatment options. At Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with a pain doctor who specializes in pain medicine, and avoids knee replacement surgery unless medically necessary. When you book an appointment at our pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll meet with a knee doc near me in New York such as:
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani completed her advanced fellowship in interventional pain management at Brigham and Women’s Hospital: Harvard Medical School. Her specialty is in lower back pain and knee pain, and she enjoys treating her fellow New Yorkers and returning them to a pain free life.
- Dr. George Hanna: Dr. Hanna is a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, and later appointed as Director of Pain Innovations and Technology, also while at Harvard. Not only is Dr. Hanna double certified in anesthesiology, pain medicine, and interventional pain management, but he is also a patient favorite for his kind and caring bedside manner. His patient reviews all mention his in-depth knowledge of knee pain, as well as his genuine concern about making patients feel better.
When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll be pleased to find that most major insurance plans are accepted at our pain clinic. Make the time to find out the proper diagnosis and treatment of your chronic knee pain from our knee pain experts.
What are the Best Minimally Invasive Treatment Options?
If your first call is to an orthopedic surgeon for your knee pain, know that knee replacement will be the primary topic of discussion. This is because an orthopedic surgeon uses surgery as the main pain relief treatment, even when other, more conservative, methods could be used. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain management doctors utilize interventional pain medicine treatments for knee pain. Their training and expertise is designed to avoid knee replacement surgery unless medically necessary. Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and discuss our minimally invasive treatment options such as:
- Physical Therapy: A physical therapist has extensive training in sports medicine and exercise science, which allows them to create a customized treatment plan for your specific knee pain. This might include aerobic or weight-bearing exercises designed to build strength and stability in your knee, or heat and cold therapies to relieve pain and swelling.
- Injections: Injections are useful in a variety of ways. A steroid injection, such as a corticosteroid, is useful for reducing pain, swelling, and inflammation in your knee. If you suffer from knee arthritis, this is a highly effective treatment. A lubricant injection helps increase your knee’s mobility and range of motion by injecting a lubricant similar to your joint fluid.
You don’t have to be a professional athlete to receive the same level of care and service that they do when injured! At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain clinic in NYC offers the top knee doc near me in New York, as well as the most cutting-edge knee pain treatments.
Common Knee Pain Causes
A knee doc near me in New York is able to both diagnose and treat your chronic knee pain. When you visit your knee pain doc in NYC, they’ll ask you to describe some of your knee pain symptoms. Questions you’re likely to answer include:
- How long has your knee pain been a problem?
- On a scale of 1-10, how bad is your knee pain when you (insert action)?
- Is your pain worse or better in the morning/evening?
- Do you feel weakness, shooting or stabbing pains, or a dull ache in your knee?
These questions, along with an MRI or x-ray, help diagnose your specific knee pain issues. IN general, knee pain falls into 3 categories:
- Acute: This type of knee pain is the result of an accident or injury. There’s a clear line of demarcation before your pain exists, and the result when you’re now in pain. Knee fractures, meniscus tears, or torn ligaments are examples of acute injuries.
- Chronic: This knee pain occurs from repetition or overuse. If your knee makes the same motion over and over again, your pain is due to this repetitive motion. Bursitis, tendonitis, and osteoarthritis are examples of chronic knee pain.
- Medical: Rheumatoid arthritis or infections are underlying causes that contribute to knee pain.
Don’t let knee pain ruin your fall fun! Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, located near the Empire State Building in Midtown Manhattan, and find out how a knee doc near me in New York gets rid of knee pain.