Knee pain can strike without warning, and is a common affliction affecting most people at some point in their lives. Your day can be going great, and then BAM! your knee locks up mid-step. You’re about to get a personal best in your spin class when POP! goes your knee during a challenging climb. What causes your knee to misbehave during these inopportune times? You may have some underlying knee issues that make your knee more prone to injury and instability. How can you find out exactly what is causing your knee pain? Meeting with a knee doc near me in Manhattan is the best way to receive the best diagnosis and treatment for knee pain issues.
If you’re looking for the top knee specialists in Midtown Manhattan, schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and meet with one of our Harvard trained and board certified knee pain doctors. Our knee pain doctors in NYC use minimally invasive knee pain treatments with short recovery times and exceptional results that do not involve knee replacement surgery. Unlike orthopedic surgeons, the pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists are all fellowship trained in interventional pain medicine, which means that their expertise lies in using pain medicine treatments for knee pain. At our cutting-edge pain clinic on Madison Avenue, you’ll find the best care for your chronic knee pain.
Meet the Best Knee Doc Near Me in Manhattan
How are orthopedic surgeons different from pain doctors? Orthopedic surgeons offer orthopedic care for your knee, which often leads to knee replacement. Many Manhattan orthopedics do not try more conservative pain management methods before moving right to knee replacement surgery. This is because orthopedic surgeons are trained in invasive surgery as the best method for knee pain relief. However, the fellowship trained pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists have extensive experience in pain medicine, which uses a variety of minimally invasive knee pain treatments that are highly effective. Meet a top knee doc near me in Manhattan:
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Looking for a nationally recognized pain doctor? Dr. Khimani is a member of a very select group of doctors who passed the rigorous examination to become a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. She fellowship trained in interventional pain management at Brighman and Women’s Hospital: Harvard Medical School. As a born and raised New Yorker, she is the epitome of a top knee doc near me in Manhattan.
- Dr. George Hanna: Double board certified in anesthesiology, pain medicine, and interventional pain management, Dr. Hanna is also a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School. He also fellowship trained in pain management at Brigham and Women’s Hospital: Harvard Medical School. He receives high ratings from his patients, who describe his bedside manner as calming, knowledgeable, and compassionate.
When your knee begins to act up, it’s the perfect time to schedule an appointment with a knee doc near me in Manhattan. Request an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where you’ll meet with Dr. Hanna, Dr. Khimani, or one of our other board certified and Harvard trained pain doctors.
Which Minimally Invasive Knee Pain Treatments Have Short Recovery Times?
One of the biggest turn offs about knee replacement is the exceptionally long recovery time. After the initial hospital stay, you’ll have to then visit a rehabilitation facility for a few days while you regain your strength. Then, you’ll still need to recover at home for 4-6 weeks with a lot of extra assistance with driving, bathing, and everyday tasks. This is why the pain management doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists avoid knee replacement surgery unless it is medically necessary, and prefer more conservative treatment methods. At our pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll have the following minimally invasive treatment options for knee pain:
- Steroid Injections: This powerful and minimally invasive knee pain treatment uses a topical anesthetic to numb the injection site, and a corticosteroid injection is administered to the inflamed area. Your knee specialist uses a special x-ray to determine the exact location of your injection, which results in targeted knee pain relief. The goal of a corticosteroid injection is reducing pain and swelling in just a few minutes.
- Viscosupplementation: This is also known as a hyaluronic acid injection, which is the key component of joint fluid. Hyaluronic acid gives joint fluid its slippery, viscous quality, which in turn aids your knee’s flexibility and range of motion. This treatment is used for patients who need this extra “cushion” in their knee joints, which allows them to move smoothly over one another. There is no recovery time needed, and you’ll feel immediate improvement. This knee pain treatment is highly effective for patients who suffer from knee osteoarthritis.
- G-Block: A genicular nerve block calms severe knee pain, and uses a special x-ray to identify the affected genicular nerves. Genicular nerves are responsible for moving pain signals to the brain, and during a G-block a local anesthetic is used to block the pain signals.
These are just a sample of some of the minimally invasive knee pain treatments offered at Pain Treatment Specialists. Schedule an appointment today at a knee doc near me in Manhattan and see how easy it is to get back to full strength.
What Happens When I Book an Appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists?
Once you’ve taken the first steps to book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll have a quick turnaround time before your first visit. A member of our front desk team will reach out before your appointment and verify whether or not your insurance carrier will cover the visit. Our pain clinic accepts most major insurance carriers, so coverage shouldn’t be a problem. Upon checking in, you’ll meet with our friendly front desk team, who will show you our beautiful waiting room, where you’ll briefly stay before your initial consultation. Next, you’ll meet with one of our Harvard trained pain doctors and begin creating a customized knee pain treatment plan. Be honest about your medical history, and describe your knee pain as accurately as possible. There’s no need to be embarrassed about your knee pain! Our pain doctors are here to help, and properly diagnose your knee pain issues.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists to meet with a top knee doc near me in Manhattan. Located near Bryant Park, our convenient Midtown Manhattan pain clinic is easy to reach from anywhere in NYC, Long Island, or northern NJ.