Which Doctor Provides the Best Knee Treatment in NYC?
Who Provides The Best Knee Treatment In NYC?
If you’re looking for the best knee treatment in nyc, then you aren’t the only one. Knee pain is a common condition affecting millions of Americans every year. The good news is that surgery and narcotics are not the only treatment options for knee joint issues. This state of the art Manhattan clinic houses a team of board certified and Harvard-trained pain doctors. They are passionate about using the latest minimally invasive techniques in medicine. Click HERE to schedule an appointment with a world-class pain physician in NYC.
Regardless of whether you struggle with acute or chronic knee pain, these expert pain physicians can help you. Some of the most common questions associated with knee joint pain includes:
- What are the best knee treatments?
- Which knee conditions can be treated?
- What do I do if I have knee pain?
- Are there home remedies for knee pain?
- How much does knee treatment cost?
The best knee treatment in nyc avoids risky and invasive surgeries. That’s because there are numerous risks associated with knee surgery. Once the surgery is over, patients have to take pain medication to combat post-operative recovery periods.
Due to the risks associated with knee surgery and narcotics, this leading clinic avoids an invasive approach to health care. Instead, these expert pain physicians combine the latest techniques in regenerative medicine with a holistic approach to health care. All of the treatment plans are carefully customized to the individual needs of each patient. Best of all, these treatment options are safe, low-risk and highly effective in treating a wide range of knee joint problems.
Dr George Hanna is a double board certified pain management doctor. He is well-known for using the latest minimally invasive techniques in pain medicine. He completed his undergraduate degree at Cornell University before achieving his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr Hanna then went on to complete his anesthesiology residency at Massachusetts General Hospital – Harvard Medical School. Dr Hanna has numerous accolades – he was appointed Director of Pain Innovations and Technology at Harvard as well as serving as Chairman of Anesthesiology and Pain Management at Chilton Medical Center.
Dr Shane Volney is another one of our leading pain specialists in NYC. He is a double board certified pain doctor who works in both our New York and New Jersey clinics. Dr Volney completed his residency in anesthesiology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center where he was elected Chief Resident. After his training, he was then appointed as a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School where he taught for seven years. Dr Volney is also an experienced Director of Resident Education in Pain Medicine and served as Chairman of Massachusetts General Hospital Pain And Sedation Committee. He is extremely committed to further advancing scientific research in the field of pain management and is an active contributor to academia.
If you want to book an appointment to receive the best knee treatment in nyc, then be sure to call (855) 383-7054. Our first-class pain center is located in Midtown Manhattan, next to Penn Station. It also has excellent transport links with subway lines 4,5,6 and the 1,2,3 and a,c,e.
Now let’s look at some of the most innovative and exciting treatment options in NYC that avoid surgery and narcotics.
What Are The Best Knee Treatments?
So far, we’ve looked at why it’s important to book an appointment with a leading pain doctor in New York City. There are many different reasons why you might be struggling with knee joint pain. If you leave it untreated, it could get worse over time or lead to further problems. As well as this, it’s important to explore options which are less risky than invasive surgeries or narcotics. A top doctor at our pain center in Midtown Manhattan can help you by creating a unique care plan centered around a minimally invasive treatment choice.
Let’s take a look at some of the safest and healthiest ways to alleviate knee joint pain:
- Steroid Injections – a pain doctor can inject steroid medicine directly into the knee capsule. This reduces pain and swelling in the knee joint. Some doctors also use local anesthetic to numb the knee and ensure it is comfortable.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections – prp treatment describes when a pain doctor draws up a small sample of your blood and runs it through a machine called a centrifuge. The centrifuge condenses your blood platelets so that they are in a high concentration. The high concentration of blood platelets are then re-injected into the knee joint to encourage the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the knee.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – rfa treatment is when a pain doctor uses small currents of alternating heat technology to heat up the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee joint. Once the genicular nerves heat up, they become deactivated. This means they can no longer send pain signals from the knee joint to the brain. As a result, long-term pain relief is achieved without steroid medicine or narcotics.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections – if you have a condition like knee arthritis, hyaluronic acid injections might be your best option. A knee doctor can inject hyaluronic acid directly into the knee joint. This increases the volume of joint fluid in the knee and stops friction and bony spurs. Hyaluronic acid is a natural component of joint fluid and is a safe alternative to knee surgery.
These examples are a few of the various options for the best knee treatment in nyc. If you want to find out more about the best ways to maximize your health, be sure to book an appointment with one of our leading pain physicians.
Which Knee Conditions Can Be Treated?
Knee conditions and injuries can be caused by an array of different factors. Due to the many causes of knee pain, it’s highly recommended you seek medical advice from a board certified pain doctor. This ensures you receive an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan that will get you back on your feet.
Some of the most common conditions that are treatable include:
- Tendinitis – the tendon is a fibrous tissue connecting the muscle to the bone. It can become inflamed as a result of using it too often. When this occurs, it is called tendinitis.
- Knee arthritis – both osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) and rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) can cause pain and swelling in the knee joint.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Bursitis – the bursa are fat-filled sacs that cushion the knee joint. Bursitis can occur when the bursa become inflamed.
- Meniscus tears – the menisci are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of rubbery cartilage that cushion the knee joint. They can be prone to partial or full tears as a result of quickly changing direction.
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is a large ligament connecting the shin bone to the thigh bone. If you experience an ACL injury, it means the ligament has either partially or fully torn. It is a common sports medicine injury.
What Do I Do If I Have Knee Pain?
If you experience knee pain, it’s important you book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor who trained at Harvard. These leading pain doctors are experts in the field of pain medicine and are passionate about using the latest minimally invasive treatment options to help you.
When you visit our state of the art clinic, you will be welcomed into a Center of Excellence. Our experienced and friendly team will introduce you to your pain doctor. Your pain doctor will then spend time with you to fully understand the nature of your pain. They will then gather information from you to establish a diagnosis and treatment plan. This includes:
- A verbal medical history
- A physical examination of the knee joint
- Taking blood to rule out underlying conditions
- Ordering imaging scans like X-Rays and ultrasounds
Once this information has been collected, you will be informed of your diagnosis and treatment plan. This treatment plan will involve a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment option as well as physical therapy.
Just because your knee is sore doesn’t mean your treatment has to be! Many orthopedic knee doctors can be too quick to suggest surgery and narcotics. However, this leading medical center advocates a non-invasive approach to get you back on your feet in a safe and healthy way.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
Are There Home Remedies For Knee Pain?
Now you might be wondering, ‘are there home remedies for knee pain?’
There are some tips that can help you reduce your knee pain at home. However, home remedies must not replace medical attention from a board certified pain doctor. If you have any doubts or worries about your knee joint pain, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment on (855) 383-7054.
The following four steps are known to help reduce pain and swelling in the knee joint. They include:
- Resting the knee joint when not in use.
- Icing the knee joint with an ice pack wrapped in a towel. It’s vital you wrap your ice pack in a cloth or towel to prevent the ice from burning your skin! Icing the knee joint for 20-30 minutes a day up to 3 times a day is recommended.
- Compressing the knee joint with a compression sleeve can help to stabilize the knee joint and keep it in place.
- Elevating the knee joint on a pillow can help reduce inflammation and swelling. Try to ensure your knee joint is above your heart level.
How Much Does Knee Treatment Cost?
At our medical clinic, we pride ourselves on providing the best knee treatment in nyc. Our clinic works hard to ensure you receive medical treatment in a fast and smooth process. That’s why our front of house team works directly with your insurance provider.
When you arrive at our clinic, our friendly and experienced front of house team will read your insurance information. They will explain your benefits and coverage to you so you know your eligibility. If any questions arise, our front of house team will be in direct contact with your insurance provider. Prior to your treatment starting, you will be fully aware of your coverage as well as any bills or costs (if applicable). In this way, you won’t be surprised with any hidden costs!
If you are unsure of what your insurance includes or want to find out more information, please reach out to a member of our team on (855) 383-7054. They will be happy to share their insights and help you start on your path to recovery.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.