Who Provides the Best Knee Pain Therapy in New York?
Which Doctor Has The Best Knee Pain Therapy In New York?
If you experience knee pain, then you will be looking for the best knee doctor in New York. The good news is that this state of the art Manhattan pain clinic houses a team of board certified pain doctors who received their medical training from Harvard. These expert pain doctors combine the most advanced techniques in pain medicine with a holistic approach to health care to provide you with the best treatment for knee pain. Click HERE to book an appointment with an expert pain doctor in Midtown Manhattan.
At our modern and friendly pain clinic, you can be rest assured that you will receive the best knee pain treatment in nyc. Our experienced and highly qualified pain doctors create unique care plans for each patient so they can benefit from the latest cutting-edge procedures in pain medicine. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about any of the risks associated with knee surgery or narcotics. All of these minimally invasive treatments for knee pain are safe, low risk and pain free.
If you have knee pain, there might be several questions on your mind. Knee pain is a common condition that affects millions of Americans each year. Some of the most common questions in relation to knee pain include:
- What are the best knee pain treatments?
- What are the causes of knee pain?
- What are the symptoms of knee pain?
- Can knee pain be prevented?
- How much does knee treatment cost?
Our leading pain management doctors recognize the risks associated with invasive knee surgeries and narcotics, That’s why they enjoy spending time with each patient and create customized care plans to get patients back on their feet.
If you want to find out more about our first-class treatment options, be sure to call us on (855) 874-9670. Our Center of Excellence is located in the heart of the Big Apple. It has excellent transport links to many subway lines as well as Grand Central Station and Penn Station.
Now let’s read on to find out more about these exciting treatment options at this leading Manhattan clinic.
What Are The Best Knee Pain Treatments?
So far, we’ve looked at the top team of pain doctors providing the best knee pain therapy in new york. Now let’s take some time to explore the latest knee pain treatments that avoid surgery and narcotics.
- Steroid injections – pain doctors can inject steroid medicine directly into the knee joint capsule. Steroid medicine has properties far more powerful than aspirin and over the counter medicines. Injecting steroid medicine directly into the knee joint can reduce inflammation and pain. Steroid medicine can last for long periods of time and help people return to daily life with relative ease. Steroid injections are a popular and safe treatment option that work well in conjunction with physical therapy.
- Radiofrequency ablation – rfa treatment avoids the use of steroid medicine and is particularly recommended for those with long-term knee pain. During rfa treatment, a pain doctor transmits small currents of radiofrequency energy to the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee joint. The radiofrequency energy heats up and deactivates the genicular nerves so they no longer send pain signals to the brain. This achieves long-term pain relief in a safe and pain free way.
- Platelet rich plasma injections – prp treatment is one of the most innovative and exciting treatments in pain medicine. It describes when a pain doctor combines your body’s own healing abilities with the latest cutting-edge technology. During prp treatment, a pain doctor uses a syringe to draw up a small sample of your blood. This blood is then run through a machine called a centrifuge to condense the blood platelets. Once the blood platelets are spun into a high concentration, they are injected into the knee joint. This stimulates the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the knee joint.
- Genicular nerve block – a G block can help doctors establish a diagnosis and treatment recommendation. A G block can determine pathological changes in the knee joint as well as provide highly effective pain relief. During this procedure, a pain doctor injects local anesthetic near the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee joint. This ‘blocks’ the genicular nerves from sending pain signals to the brain.
These are just a few examples of the many different options provided at our state of the art manhattan pain clinic. If you want to benefit from first-class pain care in our friendly and modern clinic, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment on (855) 874-9670.
What Are The Causes Of Knee Pain?
Now that we’ve explored the best knee pain therapy in new york, it’s important to take a look at some of the most common causes of knee pain.
If you experience knee pain, it’s important you receive an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan from a board certified pain doctor in NYC. If not, your knee pain could get worse or even lead to further health issues.
Some of the most common causes of knee pain include:
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is responsible for connecting the thigh bone to the shin bone. An ACL injury is a common sports medicine injury that occurs when it becomes partially or fully torn.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Tendinitis – the tendon is a fibrous tissue connecting the muscle to the bone. It can become inflamed as a result of overuse. When this occurs, it is called tendinitis.
- Meniscus tears – the menisci are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of rubbery cartilage that help to cushion the joint of the knee. Meniscus tears can occur if an individual quickly changes direction while putting their full weight on the knee.
- Knee arthritis – osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) and rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) can cause pain and swelling in the knee joint.
- Bursitis – the bursa are small, fat-filled sacs that cushion the knee. If the bursa become inflamed, it is known as bursitis.
These causes of knee pain are just a few of the numerous underlying health conditions and injuries that could lead to issues with the knee joint. Receiving an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan is the best way to explore your options and get back to full health in a safe and healthy way
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Pain?
If you experience signs and symptoms of knee pain, then it’s important you book an appointment with an expert pain doctor. If not, your knee pain could be at risk of becoming more serious.
The most common signs and symptoms of knee problems include:
- An inability to straighten or bend the knee.
- An inability to put weight on the knee joint.
- Redness and heat in the joint.
- Tenderness, pain and swelling in the knee joint
- Redness and heat in the joint.
- Crunching, grinding or popping sounds in the knee.
The good news is that the pain management doctors at our Manhattan pain clinic are highly equipped to provide an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. This could involve ordering imaging cans (like ct scans or ultrasounds) as well as taking blood tests and medical histories. All of this information is then collated to provide a diagnosis.
Once you receive your diagnosis, one of our leading pain doctors will provide you with a unique care plan. This care plan involves a recommendation for a minimally invasive procedure in conjunction with physical therapy. Your physical therapist will provide you with gentle exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knee.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
Can Knee Pain Be Prevented?
While knee pain is a common condition, there are some preventative measures that could reduce the risk of developing a knee issue. Although not guaranteed to stop knee pain from occurring, these techniques can assist in supporting the knee joint.
- Take the time to fully warm up before exercise.
- Spend time cooling down after exercise.
- Wear a knee brace or knee support. This can help to keep the knee joint in place so that it is secure.
- Wear the correct size of shoe and consider insoles if possible.
- Engage in sports such as walking, swimming and cycling. These sporting activities are best for the knee joint.
Our pain doctors can also recommend the best physical therapist to work with you during your treatment. Physical therapists can create an exercise program that is dedicated to keeping your knee joint healthy and supported.
How Much Does Knee Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve looked at the best knee doctors and treatment options in New York, you might be concerned about the cost of knee treatment.
The good news is that our pain clinic works directly with your insurance provider to help you get treated in a quick and orderly fashion. When you visit our state of the art Manhattan clinic, a friendly and experienced member of our front of house team will collect your insurance information. They will explain your coverage and benefits, as well as how much you owe (if applicable). You won’t have to worry about any surprise bills or hidden costs!
If you are unsure about your insurance coverage and want to find out more, please speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help you. Call today on (855) 874-9670.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.