Your friends are not only a great source of comic relief and emotional support, they provide an excellent network of solid advice. When you want to do home improvements, your friends know contractors that will get the job done correctly. Looking for a new car? Your friends can point you toward makes, models, and dealerships that treated them well. When you’re searching for the best diagnosis and treatment of your knee pain, your friends insist that you schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where you’ll get the top knee treatment in New York.
Within your friend group, you have one person who suffered meniscus tears, one with knee joint pain, and one with knee arthritis. Each of them had great success after meeting with the board certified doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists. In addition to reducing the pain and swelling associated with each of their knee pain issues, they also felt cared for and listened to during their appointments. The sooner you schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, the sooner you’ll get back to the activities you love without pain.
What Are The Top Knee Treatments in New York?
The best knee pain treatments in New York involve pain management, and not knee surgery. If you schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, knee surgery or knee replacement will likely be discussed as viable treatment options. Not only is surgery painful and a major life disruption, there’s also no guarantee that surgery will fix your chronic knee pain. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our board certified pain doctors specialize in pain management, which means using minimally invasive and cutting-edge pain treatments to diagnose and treat your knee pain. Some of the best knee treatments in New York, NY include:
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy: Also known as PRP therapy, this cutting-edge knee pain treatment in NYC uses a patient’s own blood to combat knee pain. Platelet rich plasma therapy utilizes the growth factors located within the platelets of blood cells to stimulate healing in the affected knee. This injection is minimally invasive, and uses the body’s own blood to promote healing and reduce inflammation.
- Physical Therapy: Your knee pain doctor in NYC works with a physical therapist to create a customized knee pain treatment plan. During physical therapy sessions, you exercise your knee using specific movements, weights, and tools designed to build strength and increase flexibility in your knee.
- Steroid Knee Injection: Also known as a corticosteroid injection, this knee pain treatment in NY offers fast-acting pain relief in your inflamed knee joints, tendons, bursa, and knee muscles.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists to see how our Harvard trained and board certified pain doctors use these knee treatments in New York.
Who Are The Top Knee Joint Doctors in NYC?
At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain management doctors are not only Harvard trained, but also experts in knee pain. Whether you suffer from knee joint pain, knee arthritis, meniscus tears, or inflamed bursa, our knee doctors in NYC will listen carefully to your knee pain concerns. Our top-notch team of knee pain experts are chosen not only for their excellent educational backgrounds, but also for their kind and caring bedside manners. Our knee pain doctors make you feel at ease when you’re discussing and describing your chronic knee pain. Some of the top knee joint doctors in NYC include:
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is a born and raised New Yorker, and loves working with patients in her hometown and returning them to a pain-free life. Dr. Khimani is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, and is also a nationally-recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology. Her colleagues in pain medicine and pain management often travel to her midtown Manhattan clinic to observe Dr. Khimani’s expertise in treating chronic knee pain.
- Dr. Micheal Nguyen: Dr. Nguyen completed both his residency and advanced pain fellowship training at Harvard Medical School. After graduating with honors, he joined the faculty at Harvard, where he was awarded the prestigious “Mentor of the Year” and “Teacher of the Year” awards. As a triple certified pain doctor, you’ll receive the best knee pain treatments in NYC from Dr. Nguyen.
Dr. Khimani and Dr. Nguyen are just two of the top knee pain doctors in NYC at Pain Treatment Specialists. Our entire team has credentials and backgrounds that are just as impressive, and you’ll enjoy meeting with them at our knee pain clinic, located conveniently in midtown Manhattan near Penn Station.
How Does Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Work for Knee Pain?
Platelet rich plasma therapy, also known as PRP therapy, is a new and cutting-edge tool used for knee pain treatment. If you suffer from knee arthritis or knee tendonitis, PRP therapy is a minimally invasive way to effectively treat knee pain. How does PRP therapy work for knee pain? First, the goal of this procedure is to use your own blood to stimulate growth in damaged tissues. One of the benefits of platelet rich plasma therapy for knee pain is that there are very few risks involved and it is an all-natural knee pain treatment. If you do not react well to steroids or nerve blocks, then platelet rich plasma therapy may be an ideal alternative for knee pain treatment.
The process of platelet rich plasma therapy involves isolating growth factors, which are located within platelets contained in blood cells. The process of completing PRP therapy involves separating the plasma from a person’s blood. Next, this platelet rich plasma is injected into your knee, which supports regeneration of new, healthy growth. A platelet rich plasma injection reduces knee inflammation, and can also support long-term knee pain relief.
You can only find PRP therapy at a cutting-edge knee pain clinic, such as Pain Treatment Specialists. An additional benefit of platelet rich plasma therapy is the very quick recovery time, which allows patients to get back on their feet quickly.
Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists today to see how our pain management doctors use the best knee treatments in New York for your knee pain. Located near Bryant Park in midtown Manhattan, you’ll be glad that you listened to your friends and their recommendations for treating your chronic knee pain.