Getting in a quick round of golf before a busy weekend is the perfect way to unwind and relax. You scout the weather report, grab your buddies, and head out for a sunny morning on the links. Your knee has been bothering you recently, but you think you’ll be pain free for at least a few holes. By the time you hit the back nine, your knee is in so much pain that you decide to bow out and spend some time hanging with the golf cart instead of on the tee.
Knee injuries caused by accidents and sports injuries are common causes of knee pain, but so are chronic knee pain conditions such as knee arthritis and knee joint pain. How do you know what type of sport injury or chronic pain you’re suffering from? When you meet with a pain management doctor at Pain Treatment Specialists you meet with knee doctors who can diagnose and treat your chronic knee pain. The best knee treatments near me in Manhattan treat acute knee pain like a sports injury, and chronic knee pain such as bursitis with minimally-invasive knee pain treatments.
What Are The Best Knee Treatments Near Me in Manhattan?
If you live in NYC and suffer from knee pain, it’s imperative that you find the best knee treatment near me in Manhattan. Meeting with a spine surgeon or orthopedic surgeon means that knee replacement surgery will likely be discussed as a knee pain treatment. The knee doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists use minimally-invasive knee pain treatments to return patients to a pain free life. Some of the top knee treatments near me in Manhattan include:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy uses exercise science and sports medicine to treat chronic knee pain. Your knee pain doctor in NYC works in conjunction with a physical therapist to create a treatment plan that helps increase flexibility in your knee joints and build strength in your knee muscles. Patients suffering from knee injuries feel stronger after completing a course of physical therapy.
- Steroid Knee Injection: A steroid knee injection is also known as a corticosteroid, and reduces pain and swelling in your affected knee. Your pain management doctor uses an x-ray or ultrasound to determine where to inject your steroid pain relief, which is typically in the inflamed joint space of the knee.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists to discuss how our pain management doctors use physical therapy, steroid knee injections, or genicular nerve blocks to treat chronic knee pain issues.
Is There a Difference Between Types of Knee Injuries?
Not all knee pain falls under the category of knee injuries. When you’re on the golf course and know that your knee is causing recent pain, you may not be able to trace it back to a specific fall or accident. All you know is that your knee pain began recently, and hasn’t let up. Knee pain can fall under one of these 3 categories:
- Acute Pain: This type of pain is caused by a specific incident, such as a fall or car accident. You can pinpoint your knee pain to that event, and notice that you’re experiencing pain that did not exist previously. Meniscus tears and ACL injuries are common examples of acute pain that occur after a fall or awkward landing.
- Chronic Pain Conditions: Patellar tendonitis (jumper’s knee) is an example of a chronic knee condition. Athletes that constantly complete the same motion such as jumping or bending their knees are at risk for chronic pain conditions. Bursitis, which occurs when the tiny, fluid-filled sacs near your joints become inflamed, is another example of a chronic pain condition.
- Medical Conditions: Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis may cause knee pain, as it affects your knee joints. Gout and septic arthritis are also examples of medical conditions that cause knee pain.
When you seek knee treatments near me in Manhattan, your knee doctors explain the cause of your knee pain, and set up a knee pain treatment plan that works best for your specific issues. Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan on Madison Avenue, to determine the cause of your knee pain.
What Should I Look For in a Pain Management Doctor?
Addressing your chronic knee pain is a big step. Dealing with your pain quietly means that you don’t have to admit that there’s a big problem in your life that prevents you from being pain free. When you decide to find knee treatment near me in Manhattan, you’re committing to finding a solution to your knee pain. What should you look for in a pain management doctor? You’re looking for knee doctors that are not only experienced in the field of pain medicine and interventional pain treatments, but also easy to talk to about your chronic knee pain. At Pain Treatment Specialists, each of our knee pain doctors in Midtown are carefully vetted in order to ensure that not only are their credentials superior, but that their bedside manners are impeccable. Some of the top pain management doctors in NYC include:
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani graduated from Harvard Medical School with honors, and completed her residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital- Columbia University. While there, her peers selected her to serve as chief resident, and she later went on to complete an advanced interventional pain medicine fellowship at Brigham and Women’s Hospital: Harvard Medical School. Dr. Khimani’s experience in the field of knee pain treatment makes her one of the most highly-regarded knee pain doctors in the nation.
- Dr. George Hanna: After teaching new graduates at Harvard Medical School in anesthesiology and pain management techniques, Dr. Hanna moved on to become Director of Pain Innovations and Technology while at Harvard. Dr. Hanna’s patients praise his ability to explain complicated knee pain treatments in terms that are easy to understand, while also being kind and sympathetic to their knee pain concerns.
Ready to get out of the golf cart and back onto the green? Easily located near the Empire State Building, Pain Treatment Specialists use the best knee treatments near me in Manhattan to return patients to a pain free life.