If you specialize in something, it means that you’ve perfected a very specific area of study. Your job title might be “teacher”, but your expertise and experience make you a specialist at the middle school level (you saint!) A mechanic has an overall knowledge of vehicles, but a specialist who deals with audio components can customize a pretty amazing sound system for your minivan (moms have to jam out, too!).
The same circumstances apply when you’re looking for a specialist who deals with knee pain. You want to book an appointment with the highest quality specialist who offers a wide variety of treatment options that are both minimally invasive and highly effective. If you live in NYC or NJ, the best knee specialists near me in Manhattan are found at Pain Treatment Specialists. These Harvard trained knee pain doctors are specialists in knee pain, sports injuries, and chronic pain conditions. When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’re meeting with a team of knee pain specialists who have specific training in knee conditions, and create customized treatment plans tailored just for your knee pain issues.
Meet the Best Knee Specialist Near Me in Manhattan
When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with a top knee specialist near me in Manhattan. Our team of Harvard trained knee pain doctors have extensive backgrounds in pain medicine, pain management, and anesthesiology. This means that as a patient suffering from knee pain, you’ll meet with a member of our team who is able to find answers, and relief, from chronic knee pain. Some of the top knee specialists near me in Manhattan include:
- Dr. Michael Nguyen: Dr. Nguyen is a pioneer in the field of pain medicine. Many of his practices and treatments for chronic knee pain are published and studied by his colleagues across the world. As an expert in interventional pain management, Dr. Nguyen treats patients from across NYC, NJ, and the country who travel to receive knee pain treatment from a world-renowned pain doctor.
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: After passing the rigorous certification process to become a nationally recognized pain specialist by the American Board of Anesthesiology, Dr. Khimani brought her expertise in knee pain to Pain Treatment Specialists. Like Dr. Nguyen, patients travel from across the country to meet with her and receive the most cutting-edge treatment options for knee pain.
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney is a former faculty member at Harvard Medical School, and also an expert in minimally invasive knee pain treatments. His kind and compassionate bedside manner allows patients the time needed to thoroughly articulate their knee pain experiences. When you meet with Dr. Volney, you’ll never feel rushed through your appointment.
The best options for knee pain treatment don’t have to involve orthopedic surgeons or Manhattan orthopedics. Instead, meet with a knee specialist near me in Manhattan that uses minimally invasive knee pain treatments, like the team at Pain Treatment Specialists.
What Are The Highest Quality Treatment Options for Knee Conditions?
When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, the best knee pain doctors in New York, NY, you’re not meeting with a team of orthopedic surgeons or New York orthopedic surgeons. This is because our team of pain management specialists use minimally invasive knee pain treatments, and not knee surgery, to treat knee pain. Some of the cutting-edge knee pain treatments at our pain clinic in Manhattan include:
- Nerve Blocks: Your knee pain specialist in NYC uses their expertise to precisely locate the nerves that are causing your knee pain, and then administer a nerve block via injection. The nerve block “blocks” the pain signals that radiate from this sensitive nerve and register as pain in your brain.
- Injections: Corticosteroid injections are highly effective for knee pain management. A corticosteroid reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation in your knee joint. Your knee pain doctor in NY may also use injections to add lubrication to your knee, which allows greater fluidity and range of movement.
- Physical Therapy: Your knee pain doctor in NYC works with a physical therapist to create a customized knee pain treatment plan. Using specific exercises and motions, your physical therapy sessions aim to build strength in your injured knee after a sports injury, accident, or fall.
Schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists to see how our minimally invasive knee pain treatments are a better option than painful knee surgery.
Is Knee Surgery a Better Treatment Option?
If you meet with an orthopedic surgeon, the likely treatment option will be knee surgery. Why? This is what an orthopedic surgeon specializes in– knee surgery. They do not recommend other options because that’s not where their speciality lies. At Pain Treatment Specialists, we specialize in interventional pain management, and only recommend knee surgery if it is medically necessary.
Knee surgery is not the best option for your knee pain. Not only is surgery painful, the recovery time requires a lot of planning and assistance. You may need to recover in a rehabilitation facility, and when you do return home, you’ll still be off of your feet for quite some time. This means that you’ll rely on friends and family for assistance with daily tasks like grocery shopping, bathing, and getting into bed. This is a tremendous burden, and can be avoided by finding pain relief through other options, such as injections, nerve blocks, and physical therapy.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists today to see how our interventional pain doctors are the best knee specialists near me in Manhattan. Located near Bryant Park in midtown Manhattan, our knee pain clinic is the best option for knee pain treatment.