Trying to savor the last few drops of warm weather before things become chilly, you challenge your friends to one final game of pickup basketball. You grab your gym bag after work and lace up, looking forward to breaking a good sweat after a stressful day at work. Knowing that your knee has been a little unstable lately, you wrap it up tightly and hope for the best. Your team is up 25-20, and you finally get the perfect lane for an easy lay-up. You easily dodge past defenders and score, but your landing makes you crumble to the court. Knee pain: 1, you : 0.
Once the game is over, you begin to wonder if it’s time to find a knee pain Dr. near me in NYC to finally look at your knee joint. You mention this to a friend, and they recommend Pain Treatment Specialists, located in Midtown Manhattan on Madison Avenue. Your friend says that after suffering from knee bursitis, they found quick and easy relief from chronic knee pain at their NYC knee pain clinic. Based on your friend’s nimble performance on the court, you’d never have guessed that knee pain was once a problem for them. Nodding, you thank your friend for their advice and decide to book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists to meet with their expert knee pain doctors.
Who is the Most Qualified Knee Pain Dr. Near Me in NYC?
Not all knee pain specialists are the same. If you meet with an orthopedic surgeon, it’s likely that they’ll suggest knee surgery for your ligament tears, meniscus tears, and chronic knee pain issues. Instead of tackling invasive knee surgery right off the bat, meet with a knee pain Dr. near me in NYC who uses minimally invasive treatments first. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain management doctors do not recommend knee surgery unless it is medically necessary. Our knee pain specialists know that more conservative treatments are more effective than surgery, and produce the same results without the painful ordeal and recovery involved with surgery. When you schedule an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, you’ll meet with one of the following knee pain doctors:
- Dr. Micheal Nguyen: Dr. Nguyen is a former Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, and also the Medical Director of Pain Treatment Specialists. As a board certified pain medicine doctor, he has extensive expertise in minimally invasive knee pain treatments that get you up and moving quickly. Dr. Nguyen crafts a customized treatment plan for each patient depending on their specific knee pain concerns. He is also a regular contributor to medical journals regarding the latest advances in pain medicine.
- Dr. Nimrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is a proud born and raised New Yorker, who is thrilled to provide knee pain relief to her fellow residents. As an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, she regularly has her colleagues in pain medicine visit her pain clinic and observe the most cutting-edge knee pain treatments in the country.
When you’re ready to find a knee pain Dr. near me in NYC, contact Pain Treatment Specialists. Our knee pain specialists are ready to listen to your chronic knee pain concerns, and create a knee pain treatment plan that works just for you.
What are the Best Knee Pain Treatments in NYC?
Avoiding surgery is the best way to treat chronic knee pain. Not only is surgery invasive and painful, it also takes you out of commission for several weeks. You’ll need to take time off of work, arrange for help around the house, and postpone most activities while you heal. If you can avoid surgery by using more conservative knee pain treatment in NYC, that should be your priority. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our knee pain specialists are experts in minimally invasive knee pain treatments, and have a variety of cutting-edge knee pain treatments at their pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan. Some of the knee pain treatments offered at our pain clinic include:
- Physical Therapy: A physical therapist creates a customized and workout plan that helps build strength in your knee muscles, and prevent further deterioration or damage. By tailoring exercises to your specific knee pain concerns, your physical therapist uses their knowledge of exercise science to regain strength and stability in your knee.
- Injections: Corticosteroid and lubricants are 2 common injections used at our knee pain clinic in NYC. A corticosteroid reduces pain and inflammation in your knee, while a lubricant supplements your knee’s natural fluid. This can increase mobility and reduce pain.
- Nerve Block: A nerve block creates a barrier between your pain-producing genicular nerve and your brain. An effective nerve block provides long-lasting knee pain relief.
At a knee pain Dr. near me in NYC, you’ll find a wide variety of knee pain treatments for pain relief. Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists today to see which minimally invasive knee pain treatment works for you.
What is the Difference Between Meniscus Tears, Knee Bursitis, and Ligament Tears?
The underlying causes of your chronic knee pain can vary from degenerative diseases like arthritis, to an injury-based condition like a ligament tear. Knee bursitis, ligament tears, and meniscus tears are 3 common knee injuries. A knee pain Dr. near me in NYC explains the difference between these 3 common knee joint issues.
Knee bursitis is the inflammation of the bursa (small, fluid filled sacs) near your knee joint. Your bursae function as cushions between your bones and tendons, and when they’re swollen it limits your mobility and range of motion. Some common symptoms of knee bursitis include a warm feeling, tender, and swollen, and extreme pain when you put pressure on it. This condition is often caused by jobs that require a lot of kneeling.
Knee ligament tears are often the result of an injury or traumatic event. An ACL tear is the most common knee ligament injury, and skiing, basketball, and football are sports where this injury is common. Symptoms of this injury include instability, and the inability to twist or turn your leg.
Meniscus tears are another common knee injury. If you’ve ever heard of “torn cartilage” in the knee, that is most likely referring to a meniscus tear. Your meniscus are tough shock absorbers between your thigh and shinbone. A sudden twist or turn, or being tackled can cause meniscus tears.
Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and get back on the basketball court quickly while there’s still some warm weather in the forecast. Located near Grand Center Station in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll find a knee pain Dr. near me in NYC who is able to find a minimally invasive knee pain treatment that works for you.