When you were a kid and had a chance to sneak in some late night TV, nothing was funnier than David Letterman’s “Top 10” lists. Even if you didn’t understand all of his jokes, you always waited to see what would be revealed as his number 1 response. Today, you’re more likely to read top 10 lists about “songs to wash your hands to”, but the format still catches your attention. At Pain Treatment Specialists, the top knee pain doctor in New York, we’ve got a top 10 list about how our Harvard-trained team can change your life.
If you suffer from knee pain, then you already know the daily pain and discomfort that guides your every move. Why suffer in silence any longer? Our knee pain doctors in New York have 10 reasons why making an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists returns you to the pain-free life you’ve always dreamed of living.
Reasons 1-4: Our Knee Pain Doctors in New York Are World-Class
Not only are our knee pain doctors in New York all Harvard-educated, but their treatments for knee pain do not include surgical treatments. As pain management doctors, the team at midtown Manhattan’s Pain Treatment Specialists treat knee joint pain, knee arthritis, and chronic knee pain using a variety of minimally-invasive treatments. Their extensive backgrounds in interventional pain medicine ensures that you’ll be back on your feet with minimal down time.
And now, without further ado… here’s reasons 1 through 4 how our knee pain doctors in New York can change your life:
- Dr. Michael Nguyen: Triple board certified, Harvard educated, and sought after at national medical conferences for his expertise? Reason #1 why Pain Treatment Specialists should be at the top of your list is Dr. Michael Nguyen. As one of the top knee pain specialists in the nation, this pain management doctor is known not only for his extensive background in interventional pain medicine, but also his exceptionally compassionate bedside manner.
- Dr. George Hanna: A former faculty member at Harvard Medical School, Dr. Hanna specializes in non-surgical methods to treat knee pain. His Ivy League education and training makes him one of the top knee pain doctors in New York, but his ability to carefully listen to patients’ knee pain concerns makes him world-class.
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: The depth of Dr. Khimani’s experience as a knee pain doctor equals her outstanding qualifications. Triple board certified and Harvard educated, you won’t find a more qualified knee pain doctor in New York. A bonus? She’s a born and raised New Yorker, and loves helping her fellow residents of the Big Apple.
- Dr. Shane Volney: One of the newest additions to the Pain Treatment Specialists’ team is Dr. Volney. A former faculty member at Harvard Medical School, his speciality includes non-surgical treatments for knee pain including PRP (platelet-rich plasma injections) and neurostimulation.
Our caring, dedicated, and experienced knee pain doctors are the best reasons why it’s worth your time to schedule an appointment today. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our New York knee pain doctors want to hear your specific knee pain concerns, and then tailor a treatment plan just for you!
Reasons 5-8: Our Treatments for Knee Pain Are Minimally-Invasive
Terrified that a surgical treatment is the only way for your knee pain to get better? You’re not alone. Many people suffer with knee pain for far longer than they need to because of this exact reason. However, at Pain Treatment Specialists, our interventional pain doctors focus on how to treat knee pain through cutting-edge treatments for knee pain that do not involve surgery.
- Steroid Knee Injection: Want a quick way to treat knee pain? Steroid knee injections provide instant pain relief through a corticosteroid. Your knee pain doctor in New York uses this injection to reduce pain and swelling, while also lubricating the knee joint to provide additional mobility.
- Nerve Blocks: A nerve block stops the transmission of pain signals from the affected nerve to your brain. Your knee pain doctor in New York expertly guides the nerve block, which provides tremendous, and long-lasting, pain relief.
- Physical Therapy: Your knee pain specialist works with a physical therapist to create a customized treatment plan. During this treatment plan, you’ll utilize exercises and movements that build knee strength, increase flexibility and mobility, and reduce pain.
If you think that it’s time to schedule an appointment with knee pain doctors in New York, send a quick message to the team at Pain Treatment Specialists to see how their cutting-edge treatments for knee pain improve your quality of life.
Reasons 9 and 10: Surgery and Narcotics Are Dangerous!
Some doctors in New York hear “knee pain” and think: “Surgery and drugs are the only fixes!” At Pain Treatment Specialists, our interventional pain doctors have the opposite reaction. They believe that treatments for knee injuries or knee pain are best suited for minimally-invasive, yet highly-effective, knee pain treatments. The final reasons why you should contact Pain Treatment Specialists are:
- Knee Surgery Stinks: Who wants to go through a painful knee surgery without any guarantee that pain will improve? Not only does surgery take you out of work and off of your feet for quite some time, it’s also a tremendous burden on your family.
- Narcotics are Addictive: If a doctor uses narcotics as their solution for pain, they’re not addressing the underlying issue of knee pain. The reason the opioid epidemic exists is not because people wanted to become addicted to drugs, but because these drugs were over-prescribed for chronic pain issues. Unintentionally, many patients became addicted to pills to “treat” their chronic knee pain.
Need more reasons other than the 10 on this list to make your decision? Make an appointment to meet with the interventional pain doctors at Pain Treatment Specialists to discuss your concerns. Located near the famed Grand Central Station, Pain Treatment Specialists is in midtown Manhattan, next to the Flatiron neighborhood. The number one reason to contact Pain Treatment Specialists? You deserve to live your life to the fullest, without the ongoing issue of chronic pain.