Where Can I Find The Top Knee Pain Doctor Near Me Midtown?
Struggling with knee pain? Looking for the best pain doctors in midtown manhattan? We can help you explore treatment plans that maximize your health and avoid surgery.
Knee pain complaints are becoming more common across the United States. The prevalence of individuals suffering with knee pain has drastically increased over the past 20 years. It is thought that our sedentary lifestyle and diet has had a significant role to play in the increasing numbers of knee pain issues.
There are many reasons that you might be struggling with knee pain, ranging from an anterior cruciate ligament injury to chronic knee pain due to arthritis. Due to the multitude of underlying health conditions that could potentially be responsible for knee pain, it’s important to book an appointment with a board certified, Harvard doctor. They provide exceptional patient care by using the latest cutting-edge techniques in regenerative medicine to diagnose and treat knee pain without relying on risky and unnecessary surgeries.
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons are quick to suggest knee surgery to treat knee pain. However, knee surgery can be risky and can lead to over-reliance on NSAIDs, narcotics and opioids. Long-term use of pain medication can have negative health consequences. On top of this, invasive surgeries require long recovery periods and are not always necessary.
If you’re struggling with knee pain and want to find the best knee pain doctor near me midtown, consider booking an appointment with a board certified, Harvard pain doctor. These pain doctors are leaders in their field and use the latest minimally invasive treatments to diagnose and treat pain with minimal risk. Best of all, these Harvard pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your knee pain. They are passionate about spending time with their patients to establish the root cause of their pain and provide recommendations for the best knee pain treatments. Before committing to surgery, phone general inquiries to schedule an appointment with an expert knee pain doctor near me midtown.
These expert Harvard doctors are based in a state of the art clinic located in the heart of the Big Apple near the Empire State Building. It boasts excellent transport links and is near the 4,5,6 and the 1,2,3 and a,c,e subway lines.
What Are The Best Knee Pain Treatments?
Now that we’ve explored the importance of booking an appointment to visit the top pain doctor near me midtown, let’s take a look at the best treatment options available.
The following treatments are all provided by board certified, Harvard pain doctors who are experts in the field of pain medicine.
Genicular Nerve Block
A genicular nerve block is a popular treatment choice that provides effective pain relief. The genicular nerves around the knee are responsible for transmitting pain signals to the brain. By blocking this transmission, patients feel the benefit of long-lasting pain relief in the knee joint. This treatment choice is highly effective and poses low risk.
During a genicular nerve block procedure, a pain doctor injects local anesthetic near the genicular nerves in the knee joint. Some pain doctors use X-ray guidance to ensure they can find the best place to inject the local anesthetic. Once the local anesthetic has been injected, the genicular nerves are numbed and this prevents the transmission of nerve pain signals to the brain.
Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve
Radiofrequency of the genicular nerve works in a very similar way to a genicular nerve block. Rfa treatment is an innovative and exciting treatment option that is one of the latest cutting-edge procedures in regenerative medicine.
During rfa treatment, a pain doctor provides their patient with a medicine that makes them feel more relaxed. The pain doctor then locates the best injection sites around the knee joint. These injection sites are usually two sites above the knee and one site below the knee. Just like the genicular nerve block, some pain doctors use X-ray guidance during this stage of the procedure. The pain doctor may run some tests to ensure that the needles are placed with optimum accuracy. Once this has been established, they will inject local anesthetic near the genicular nerves to ensure that the patient is kept comfortable. The pain doctor then heats up the genicular nerves via alternating heat technology. By heating up the nerves, pain signals are stopped and pain relief is provided to the patient.
Steroid injections are a popular treatment choice and are usually a pain doctor’s first port of call. Steroid injections are effective in providing simple and fast pain relief. They are performed quickly and enable the patient to leave the clinic on the same day. Steroid injections contain a combination of a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory medicine directly into the knee joint. This enables the knee to benefit from powerful anti-inflammatory properties provided by the steroid injections.
Why Do I Have Knee Pain?
Now that we’ve explored the best conservative treatments provided by an expert knee pain doctor near me midtown, let’s look at potential causes of knee pain.
There are many reasons you may be struggling with knee pain. That’s why it’s important to consider booking an appointment with one of the best board certified Harvard doctors located in midtown manhattan. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons you may have knee pain:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (acl injury) – this is an injury commonly associated with sports injuries as it is usually caused by a sudden stop or change in motion. The anterior cruciate ligament is one of the major ligaments in the knee joint. A strained or sprained cruciate ligament can be extremely painful.
- Arthritis – arthritis usually affects older individuals. It can be caused by wear and tear over time, which leaves the joint without lubricated cartilage. The lack of supple movement of the joint can cause friction and subsequent pain. The two main types of arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Dislocated kneecap – a dislocated kneecap can occur when the patella that covers the front of the knee slips out of its usual place (usually to the outside area of the knee).
- Knee bursitis – this is when the small sac of fluid that cushions the knee cap becomes inflamed.
- Torn meniscus – a torn meniscus is another example of an injury commonly associated with sporting injuries. The meniscus is a piece of tough cartilage that acts as a shock absorber between the thigh bone and shin bone. If an individual twists their knee suddenly, it can cause the meniscus to tear.
Due to the various potential causes of your knee pain, it’s important to seek medical advice from a board certified knee pain doctor near me midtown. These top pain doctors will spend time with you to diagnose your pain complaint before exploring the best treatment options to help you.
Why Should I Visit A Harvard Pain Doctor?
It’s important to understand what’s causing your knee pain and how best to treat it. That’s why it is recommended you seek medical attention from a board certified pain management specialist. Here are some reasons why you should consider visiting a Harvard pain doctor:-
- Minimally invasive treatments – pain doctors use the latest cutting-edge techniques in regenerative medicine. Undergoing risky and unnecessary surgeries is not the best way to optimize health. That’s why our pain doctors promote health by using minimally invasive treatment options.
- Board certification – board certification demonstrates that our pain doctors have achieved the highest possible levels of medical training. Many of our doctors are double board certified and are committed to continually improving patient outcomes.
- Harvard alumni – all of our pain doctors achieved their medical degrees from Harvard Medical School. Our doctors have undergone extremely intense medical training and are of the highest academic standing. They are also committed to continually educating the next generation of pain physicians and regularly attend medical conferences and author medical textbooks.
- Friendly and caring – establishing healthy doctor-patient relationships is at the heart of our treatment plans. Our pain doctors spend time with their patients to understand their pain complaints and provide the best treatment plans tailored to their individual needs.