As soon as the clocks fall back, you know that winter is on its way. You begin the annual ritual of getting your snow tires on, putting the snow brush back in your vehicle, and swapping out your cute strappy sandals for more hefty footwear. Changing seasons are also a time to evaluate your progress over the past few months, and whether or not you’ve checked off everything on your previous season’s “to-do” list. Looking down at your knee, you see a nagging reminder of chronic pain that has only gotten worse since the summer. You make a mental note that now is the time to commit to finding relief from your chronic knee pain, and begin researching a knee Dr. near me in New York
At the top of every search result is Pain Treatment Specialists. Their medical center on Madison Avenue in New York, NY is easy to reach, and their treatment options avoid knee replacement surgery unless medically necessary. You’ve avoided meeting with orthopedic surgeons in the past because you feared that orthopedic surgery would be the only solution for your knee pain. Seeing that most insurance plans are covered, you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists and look forward to starting this new season without your knee pain.
Who is the Best Knee Dr. Near Me in New York?
If you’re looking for the best knee Dr. near me in New York, booking an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists puts you in touch with an entire team of them! This is because every pain doctor is carefully vetted to ensure not only the highest quality background in pain medicine, but also a compassionate and sympathetic bedside manner. Pain doctors differ from orthopedic surgeons because orthopedic surgeons recommend knee replacement as their primary form of knee pain treatment. Their education focused on orthopedic surgery as the “fix” for chronic knee pain. At Pain Treatment Specialists, our pain doctors avoid knee replacement surgery unless it’s medically necessary, and instead focus on minimally invasive knee pain treatments. At our knee pain clinic in Midtown Manhattan, you’ll meet with one of the following knee pain doctors:
- Dr. Shane Volney: Dr. Volney completed his pain management fellowship at The Massachusetts General Hospital– Harvard Medical School, which was followed by a palliative medicine fellowship, also at Harvard. This background in pain medicine served him well during his time as a Clinical Instructor at Harvard Medical School, where he taught medical students in the fields of anesthesiology, pain medicine, and palliative care. Dr. Volney also traveled to Kenya, showing local practitioners advanced imaging techniques for pain procedures.
- Dr. Namrata Khimani: Dr. Khimani is a knee Dr. near me in New York who is also a proud born and raised New Yorker. She is an honors graduate of Harvard Medical School, and completed an advanced fellowship in interventional pain management at Brigham and Women’s Hospital: Harvard Medical School. Her expertise in knee pain and lower back pain makes her sought after by residents of NYC, as well as clients from across the country.
When you book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, know that our knee pain doctors provide many treatment options that do not involve surgery.
What are the Best Minimally Invasive Knee Pain Treatments in NYC?
Knee replacement used to be the main go-to for fixing chronic knee pain. Through the development of advanced guided imaging techniques and advancements in pain medicine, knee replacement is not as common as it once was. Not only is knee replacement surgery dangerous and invasive, it also takes you off of your feet and out of work for several weeks. The allure of minimally invasive knee pain treatments is that not only are they quick, but that they also provide effective pain relief with minimal recovery times. Some of the knee pain treatment options offered at our pain clinic include:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapists have backgrounds in sports medicine and exercise science, which gives them an in-depth knowledge of your knee’s working parts. During a physical therapy session, you’ll go through a series of exercises, stretches, and strength-building movements that work to address your specific knee pain concerns.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injection: Hylauronic acid is the main component of knee joint fluid. If you suffer from knee osteoarthritis, then your knee joint fluid may not be as viscous as necessary in order for your joints to move smoothly. A hyaluronic acid injection adds a necessary ingredient to your knee joint fluid that makes it slippery and thick, which provides additional cushion between your knee joints.
Before you consider a knee replacement surgery, request an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, where our knee pain doctors have a variety of treatment options that provide effective knee pain relief.
Why Should I Avoid Knee Replacement Surgery?
When you meet with a knee Dr. near me in New York at Pain Treatment Specialists, knee replacement surgery is avoided and interventional pain medicine treatments are used instead. This is because knee replacement surgery poses a unique set of risks and recovery problems that are not present with minimally invasive knee pain treatments. Our pain doctors discourage moving forward with knee replacement surgery for the following reasons:
- Opioid Addiction Occurs After Surgeries: The opioid crisis did not occur because people willingly sought out narcotics. Instead, people recovering from surgeries were often prescribed these pain medicines while recovering, and unintentionally became addicted. Any time you can avoid addictive narcotics, you’re doing yourself a service.
- There’s No Guarantee One Surgery Works: What happens if you go through with the long process of a knee replacement surgery, only to find out that you’re still in pain? That would require an additional surgery with the same risks and recovery times.
- The Recovery is Disruptive: After you complete the initial surgery, you’ll need a lot of help doing basic tasks. Going to the bathroom, getting dressed, and getting into bed will all require assistance.
Before the snow starts to fly, find a knee Dr. near me in New York who can take care of your nagging knee pain. Book an appointment at Pain Treatment Specialists, conveniently located near Penn Station, and head into this next season with confidence.