Where Can I Find The Top Knee Doctor New York?
If you’re looking for the best knee pain doctor nyc, then we can help you. Knee pain is a common complaint experienced by millions of Americans every year. That means there are always people on the look-out for a top-rated orthopedist nyc. Your search may have taken you to nyu langone orthopedic hospital where you can find an excellent nyu orthopedic. There are many different locations providing knee treatment options, so it’s hard to know what to look for in your knee doctor new york.
However, the best sports medicine orthopedic surgeons don’t always offer treatment options that maximize the health of their patients. Nowadays, even the most experienced orthopedics upper east side nyc heavily rely on surgery and narcotics to diagnose and treat knee pain. Surgery can be risky and lead to further health complications. Some examples include:-
- Problems with anesthesia during surgery
- Risks of infections
- Secondary health problems, such as pneumonia or sepsis
- Lengthy post-operative recovery periods
- Over-reliance on NSAIDs, opioids and other narcotics
A top knee specialist new york should not recommend knee surgery for every patient because it is highly invasive and in many cases it is not always necessary. In addition, it is no secret that the U.S. is in the midst of an opioid epidemic, with over-reliance on narcotics gripping the country. Before committing to knee replacement surgery or another type of invasive procedure at an orthopedic surgery hospital, consider exploring all of your treatment options with a top Harvard knee doctor new york at this exceptional knee pain clinic Manhattan.
A Harvard knee doctor nyc provides the latest minimally invasive treatment options which minimize risk and maximize the health of the patient. By using the latest cutting-edge procedures, these board certified Harvard doctors NYC can get you looking and feeling your best without risky or invasive surgeries. Best of all, this team of Harvard doctors are highly experienced interventional pain management specialists. They are known for treating a wide range of pain issues and are the best hip specialist new york, knee specialist nyc and top shoulder specialist nyc. So, regardless of whether you’re searching for the best thigh specialist nyc or are looking for a highly-regarded knee specialist near me, this pain clinic is the best option for you. Consider booking an appointment with an expert orthopedic doctor nyc at this state of the art clinic in Manhattan NY.
Now that we’ve looked at the importance of visiting top ny orthopedics at this Harvard pain treatment clinic Midtown Manhattan, let’s explore some of the best conservative knee treatments.
What Are The Best Knee Treatments?
As we’ve discussed so far, many knee surgeons near me rely on invasive knee surgeries and narcotics to treat a range of knee complaints. However, surgical treatments can be very risky and often unnecessary.
Top manhattan orthopedics at this Harvard pain clinic provide exceptional orthopedic care. They work with their patients to tailor a treatment plan that suits their needs and timescale. Regardless of whether you’re struggling with sports injuries or chronic conditions, these orthopedic doctors will use exciting and innovative technology to diagnose and treat various pain issues. Let’s explore some of the latest treatments provided by leading knee orthopedics at this Harvard pain clinic Manhattan.
Steroid injections are usually the first treatment that doctors offer to their patients. Steroid injections contain a corticosteroid and local anesthetic which reduces inflammation in the knee joint. This stops the knee from feeling inflamed and swollen and provides effective pain relief. Some patients receive 2-3 steroid injections over a period of time to receive the full benefit from them. Steroid injections are a popular, safe and highly effective treatment choice for many different pain conditions.
Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve
The best orthopedic near me should provide the latest cutting-edge technology in pain medicine. At this Harvard pain clinic, rfa treatment is becoming a popular treatment choice due to its ability to provide effective pain relief for long periods of time. Rfa treatment is when a pain doctor applies alternating heat technology to the knee joint via electrodes on the skin. These electrodes deliver heat to the genicular nerves in the knee. By increasing the temperature of the genicular nerves, the nerves become deactivated. Deactivating the nerves means that the brain is unable to register pain signals being sent from the genicular nerves in the knee.
Genicular Nerve Block
A genicular nerve block is another effective non-invasive treatment choice which doctors provide to their patients. It describes when orthopedic knee doctors inject local anesthetic near the genicular nerves in the knee. Just like rfa treatment, the nerves are unable to send pain information to the brain. By numbing the genicular nerves with local anesthetic, the nerves don’t send pain information to the brain. This allows effective and long-lasting knee pain relief.
A physical therapist can provide patients with gentle exercises that increase the mobility, strength and flexibility of the knee joint. A top orthopedic knee doctor near me will be able to recommend the best physical therapist to work with you in conjunction with your treatment plan. Physical therapy is often used by athletes and those who have sustained sporting injuries. However, physical therapy can be used for a variety of knee pain issues. It is highly effective in facilitating a positive rehabilitation experience.
If you want to book an appointment with this exceptional Harvard pain clinic, please call: (212) 470 0435. Our experienced and friendly team will be able to assist in scheduling an appointment and can answer any queries you may have.
What Happens When I Visit A Knee Doctor?
As we’ve seen so far, there are many exciting and innovative knee treatments available on the market. These non-invasive knee procedures promote health by combining the body’s own healing abilities with the latest advancements in regenerative medicine. A top knee doctor new york at this state of the art Harvard clinic will discuss your requirements and will spend time understanding your knee issue. They may take a verbal medical history as well as order blood tests and scans to rule out other underlying health conditions.
Using all of this information, a top knee doctor new york will be able to provide you with a diagnosis and recommendation for a treatment plan. This usually involves a minimally invasive procedure in conjunction with R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, elevation). They can also recommend the best physical therapist to work with you during your treatment.
Before committing to an appointment with an orthopedic knee surgeon, consider exploring the latest minimally invasive treatment options with a top knee doctor new york. Even the best doctors in sports medicine and orthopedic medicine can be too quick to suggest surgical interventions and narcotics to treat pain issues. Rather than risky and invasive procedures, it’s important to discuss treatment plans that incorporate a holistic approach to health as well as the latest advancements in pain medicine.
Let’s look at the main reasons why you should consider scheduling an appointment with one of the best Harvard knee doctors in NY:-
- Conservative Treatments – the best knee doctor new york offers the latest minimally invasive treatments. These treatments draw upon the body’s own ability to heal in conjunction with exciting and innovative cutting-edge technology. Minimizing risk and maximizing health is at the heart of this Harvard pain clinic.
- Board Certification – all of the doctors at this Harvard clinic Manhattan have achieved board certification. Some of the pain doctors have even attained triple board certification! This demonstrates that all of the pain doctors have reached the highest possible levels of medical training. They are highly experienced in pain medicine and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you make the best health decisions.
- Ivy League Doctors – all of the pain doctors at this top-rated pain clinic are graduates of Harvard and Yale medical schools. They are committed to continuing medical education and research. Most of the pain doctors contribute to teaching the future generation of physicians. They are also actively involved in medical research and present their findings at medical conferences as well as author chapters of medical textbooks. These doctors are leaders in their field and are passionate about improving the health of present and future patients.
- Exceptional Patient Care – their state of the art clinic is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan, close to The Empire State Building. The clinic regularly welcomes patients from around the world who come to receive the full benefit of the latest minimally invasive pain treatments. The modern and spacious clinic houses the best team of knee doctors in NYC and provides a welcoming and friendly atmosphere to all patients.