Where Can I Find The Top Knee Doctor New York?
If you’re struggling with knee pain and searching for the best knee doctor near me new york, then look no further. This exceptional Harvard pain treatment clinic provides the latest treatment options which avoid surgery and narcotics.
Many doctors rely on orthopedic surgery and narcotics to treat knee issues. Orthopedic surgeons readily perform invasive and risky procedures which can often create more problems than they solve. A treatment plan incorporating long-term pain medications in conjunction with risky and invasive surgeries can have negative health consequences. It is no secret that the U.S. is in the middle of an opioid outbreak, with addiction and overdose rates continually soaring across the country. On top of this, surgery involves many risks and requires long recovery periods. Surgery is not always necessary as many knee problems can be treated using the latest minimally invasive procedures.
At this top-rated Harvard pain clinic NY, you won’t have to worry about surgeons recommending risky and unnecessary orthopedic surgical treatments. Regardless of the knee treatments you’ve had in the past, these board certified pain doctors use the latest non-invasive procedures to diagnose and treat knee pain. Best of all, they spend time with their patients to create a custom care plan that meets your timescale and requirements. Minimizing risk and maximizing your health is at the heart of highly experienced Harvard pain doctors. Before committing to surgery, it’s important you explore your treatment choices with the best knee doctor near me new york. That’s why it’s recommended to book an appointment with one of these board certified Harvard doctors and feel the benefit from exciting and innovative treatment choices.
What Are The Best Knee Treatments?
As we’ve discussed so far, it’s highly important you schedule an appointment with one of the leading knee doctors NY. The best knee doctor near me new york will provide the latest minimally invasive knee treatments which are highly effective and low risk. Narcotics, NSAIDs and opioids can have negative side effects and can lead to further health problems. Risky and invasive knee surgeries can also create more problems than they solve.
A top Harvard doctor recognizes the risks and complications associated with long-term pain medication and invasive procedures. That’s why they are passionate about creating a custom care plan involving conservative treatment options in conjunction with physical therapy. Regardless of whether you’re struggling with sports injuries, chronic knee pain or acute knee problems, a unique treatment plan will be provided for you. Let’s take some time to explore the best non-invasive treatment options available.
Steroid injections are a popular and highly effective treatment option. They are low risk and are applied quickly and safely. Steroid injections contain a mixture of a local anesthetic and corticosteroid drug. This reduces redness, swelling and inflammation in the knee joint. Steroid injections can be applied 2-3 times and provide long-lasting pain relief.
Radiofrequency Ablation of the Genicular Nerve
Rfa treatment is an exciting and innovative area of pain medicine. Rfa treatment works on the principle that by increasing the temperature of the genicular nerves in the knee, they will become deactivated. During this procedure, two needles are placed above the knee and one needle is placed below the knee. Heat energy is then passed through the needles and directly into the knee. By deactivating the genicular nerves, they will be unable to send pain signals.
Genicular Nerve Block
A genicular nerve block (also known as a G block) is another exciting area of pain medicine. G blocks work by preventing the transmission of pain signals from the genicular nerves to the brain. This is achieved via the injection of a local anesthetic which effectively numbs the areas around the genicular nerve. Genicular nerve blocks can be used as a diagnostic tool as well as a form of pain relief. They can be used to track pathological changes like arthritis and other causes of inflammation in the knee joint. G blocks provide instantaneous pain relief and can help patients to avoid unnecessary knee surgery.
Why Do I Have Knee Pain?
There are many reasons you may be suffering with knee pain. Knee pain can arise as a result of sports injuries or underlying health conditions. If left untreated, your knee pain could get worse over time or lead to secondary health complications. It’s vital you understand what is causing your pain and the best treatment plan to fix it. Below are some of the most common reasons patients experience knee pain:
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is an important ligament which helps to stabilize the knee joint. ACL injuries are very common and are experienced by people who play sports that requires a quick change in direction.
- Bursitis – knee bursitis is when the bursa (sacs of fluid which cushions the knee joint) become inflamed and irritated.
- Tendonitis – inflammation of the tendon. This can occur when someone overuses their tendon, like runners and cyclists.
- Torn meniscus – the meniscus is a shock absorber between the shin bone and the thigh bone. It can tear if a person twists their knee quickly.
- Osteoarthritis – this is a condition that occurs when the knee joint becomes inflamed due to wear and tear over time. The cartilage in the knee joint lacks lubrication, creating friction and pain. The knee joint is unable to glide smoothly over the cartilage.
Why Should I Visit A Knee Doctor?
It’s important you understand what’s causing your knee pain and how best to treat it. There’s no need to continue to struggle with knee pain. A top knee doctor near me new york at this state of the art pain clinic manhattan will spend time understanding your knee problem. They may take blood, order scans, and discuss your medical history with you. A custom care plan will be created once a diagnosis has been established. This involves a recommendation for a minimally invasive procedure as well as physical therapy. Best of all, you won’t need to worry about risky and invasive procedures or surgeries. Let’s explore the credentials of the leading knee pain experts at this Center of Excellence in NY:
- Board certification – all of the pain doctors at this top-rated clinic NY have achieved board certification. Many of the pain doctors are double (and even triple) board certified! They have achieved the highest levels of medical training and you can be rest assured you’re receiving the best treatment in the state.
- Harvard alumni – the knee pain doctors at this exceptional pain clinic completed their medical training from top medical schools in the world. These doctors are selected on the highest levels of merit and academic accolades. They are passionate about medical research and continually contribute to conferences as well as articles and textbooks.
- Minimally invasive treatments – treatment choices are based on promoting health via conservative treatment plans. Minimizing risk and maximizing health is at the heart of every pain doctor.
- State of the art clinic – this modern, spacious and friendly clinic is conveniently located in the heart of the Big Apple in Midtown. It is near Grand Central Station and has excellent subway links. It welcomes patients from around the world as well as celebrity athletes who travel to receive world-class pain care.
If you’re interested in exploring the latest pain treatments NY, please call our clinic (212) 470 0435. Our friendly and dedicated team will be able to answer any questions you may have and look forward to hearing from you.