Where Is the Best Knee Clinic near NYC?
Where Can I Find The Best Knee Clinic Near NYC?
Are you looking for the best knee clinic near nyc? This state of the art knee clinic in new york, ny houses a team of board certified and Harvard-trained pain doctors using the latest minimally invasive treatments. Best of all, you can avoid the risks associated with knee surgeries and narcotics. Click HERE to schedule an appointment with a leading knee doctor and receive your customized care plan.
If you struggle with knee joint pain, then you might be wondering:
- What are the best treatments for knee pain?
- What are the symptoms of knee problems?
- What causes knee pain?
- What are the risk factors for knee problems?
- What happens when I see a knee doctor?
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine doctors can be too quick to use knee replacement surgeries to heal knee joint issues. However, knee surgery is inherently risky and in some instances, it is not always necessary. Knee surgery can sometimes even create more problems than it solves.
The good news is that our knee specialists are experts in diagnosing and treating knee pain using the latest non-invasive treatments. These treatment options combine the most advanced techniques in pain medicine with a holistic approach to health care. These minimally invasive procedures are also low risk, pain free and highly effective in alleviating knee joint pain.
Our board certified pain doctors are passionate about creating unique care plans for each patient. They enjoy spending time with their patients to fully understand the nature of the problem before recommending a top treatment option.
If you want to explore the latest treatment options, be sure to book an appointment with our knee specialists. Our state of the art clinic is located in the heart of the Big Apple, near The Empire State Building and close to Hudson Yards.
Now let’s look in more detail at the latest treatment options for knee pain that avoid surgery.
What Are The Best Treatments For Knee Pain?
So far, we have looked at why it’s important to book an appointment with a knee specialist in NYC. Now let’s take some time to explore the latest treatment options for knee pain that avoid surgery and narcotics.
The following treatment choices are provided by expert knee pain doctors at their state of the art manhattan pain clinic. Each treatment option can provide instant and long-lasting pain relief. These knee treatments are some of the most advanced treatment options in pain medicine.
- Genicular nerve block – genicular nerves are sensory nerves located around the knee joint. They send pain signals from the knee joint to the brain. A knee doctor can inject local anesthetic near the knee joint in order to ‘block’ the genicular nerves from sending pain signals to the brain. This provides instant and long-term knee pain relief.
- Radiofrequency ablation – rfa treatment is a great option for patients wanting to avoid steroid medicine. During rfa treatment, a pain doctor uses a generator to transmit small currents of radiofrequency energy near the genicular nerves in the knee joint. The radiofrequency energy heats up and deactivates the genicular nerves. This means the nerves can no longer send pain signals to the brain.
- Steroid injections – steroid medicine is far more powerful than over the counter pain relievers. A pain doctor can inject steroid medicine into the knee joint capsule to target the root cause of the knee pain. The steroid medicine reduces inflammation and pain in the joint. This achieves instant and long-term pain relief.
- Hyaluronic acid injections – hyaluronic acid is a natural component of joint fluid. If a patient has a condition like osteoarthritis, it means wear and tear over time causes the cartilage to break down. This means the knee joint struggles to move with relative ease as it lacks slippery cartilage. Hyaluronic acid injections are an excellent remedy for this issue because the injections deliver hyaluronic acid directly into the knee joint. This keeps the cartilage supple and increases the volume of joint fluid in the knee.
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Problems?
There are many different causes of knee pain. It can range from a functional issue, to a chronic health problem. That’s why receiving an accurate diagnosis is important. If you don’t receive a diagnosis, then you are at risk of receiving the incorrect type of treatment. Plus, untreated knee pain can get worse over time and can lead to other health issues.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
Symptoms of knee problems include:
- Knee weakness
- Hot, inflamed and tender knees
- Inability to stand
- Difficulty in straightening the knee
- Crunching, popping, grinding and/ or clicking noises
- Knee stiffness and swelling
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is highly recommended you seek medical attention from a board certified pain doctor. Early intervention can help prevent long-term knee issues.
What Causes Knee Pain?
There are numerous causes of knee pain. However, receiving an accurate diagnosis from a knee doctor can ensure you receive the best possible treatment.
The most common causes of knee pain include:
- Arthritis – rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) and osteoarthritis (a mechanical form of arthritis) can both lead to swollen, inflamed and painful knee joints. The knee can experience friction and as a result, it becomes inflamed and sore.
- Bursitis – the bursa are fluid-filled sacs that cushion the knee joint. These sacs can become inflamed due to overuse. This inflammation and pain is known as bursitis.
- Tendonitis – the tendon can also be prone to overuse, particularly during sports. The inflammation and irritation of the tendon is called tendonitis. It is common in the knees, elbows, wrists and heels.
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is a large ligament. It connects the shin bone to the thigh bone and helps control the forward and backward movement of the knee. This ligament can be prone to tearing and is one of the most common reasons for knee problems.
- Torn meniscus – the menisci are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of cartilage. They act as shock absorbers and are made of tough, rubbery cartilage. A meniscus tear can occur when an individual forcefully turns their knee, particularly during sport.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
What Are The Risk Factors For Knee Problems?
Unfortunately, there are many factors that can predispose individuals to knee injuries. However, taking precautionary measures such as warming up before exercise and not lifting heavy objects can help reduce the likelihood of sustaining an injury.
Some of the most common risk factors include:
- Weight gain – excess weight puts more pressure on the knee joints.
- Previous injury – if you have experienced a previous knee injury, it increases the chance of sustaining another one. Building up the muscles around the knee using physical therapy can help strengthen the joint again.
- Lack of strength and flexibility – physical therapy is a great way to improve the mobility of the knee joint in a safe and structured way.
- Certain occupations – manual labor and jobs involving heavy lifting can put strain on the knees.
- Sports – sports that require lots of running, jumping and twisting increase the likelihood of experiencing a knee injury. Appropriate warming up and cooling down stretches can reduce this risk.
What Happens When I See A Knee Doctor?
When you book an appointment with one of our expert knee doctors, you will be welcomed into state of the art medical facilities. Our friendly and experienced front of house team will greet you and will collect your insurance information. They will spend time ensuring you know your coverage and any benefits. You will also be made aware of how much your treatment will cost (if applicable) before your treatment begins. In this way, you won’t be hit with any hidden bills!
You will then meet your board certified pain doctor. Your pain doctor will spend time with you to understand the full extent of your knee issues. They may take blood tests, imaging scans, perform a physical examination of the knee joint and will ask you about your medical history. Once they have collected all of the relevant information, they will provide you with a diagnosis and care plan.
Your care plan will involve a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment option as well as physical therapy. Best of all, your treatment plan will avoid invasive surgeries or the use of heavy narcotics. Instead, your pain doctor will be on hand at all times to alleviate any concerns.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.