Where Can I Find the Best Knee Clinic near NY?
Where Is The Best Knee Clinic Near NY?
If you’re looking for the best knee clinic near nyc, then this state of the art knee clinic is your best option. This knee clinic houses a team of board certified and fellowship trained doctors using the latest minimally invasive treatments. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks associated with knee replacement surgery or narcotics. Our knee doctors are experts in creating unique care plans for each patient. Click HERE to book an appointment with a Harvard-trained pain doctor in new york ny.
If you experience acute and chronic knee pain, then you may be searching for answers to the following questions:
- What are the best ways to treat knee pain?
- What causes knee pain?
- What are the risk factors for knee pain?
- What happens when I see a knee doctor?
- How much does treatment cost?
The good news is that our expert knee specialists understand why you might be concerned. That’s why they enjoy spending time with each patient to target the root cause of the knee pain and create a customized care plan. This care plan involves a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment option that avoids the risks associated with surgical procedures.
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be too reliant on arthroscopic surgery and invasive procedures. Surgical interventions are not always necessary and in some instances, they can create more problems than they solve. In contrast, minimally invasive techniques combine the latest advancements in pain medicine with a holistic approach to health.
Let’s look in more detail at the best ways to treat knee pain.
What Are The Best Ways To Treat Knee Pain?
So far, we’ve explored why it’s important to book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor in nyc. Now let’s take some time to look at the latest non-invasive treatments for knee pain which are provided by top knee doctors.
- Steroid injections – steroid medicine is far more powerful than over the counter pain relievers. A pain doctor can inject steroid medicine into the knee joint capsule. This directly targets the root cause of the pain and also reduces inflammation in the joint. Steroid injections can provide instant and long lasting pain relief.
- Radiofrequency ablation – rfa treatment avoids the use of steroid medicine. A knee doctor uses a generator to transmit small currents of radiofrequency energy near the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee joint. The radiofrequency energy heats up and deactivates the sensory nerves. This means they can no longer send pain signals to the brain. Long-term knee pain relief is achieved without the use of narcotics or invasive procedures.
- Hyaluronic acid injections – hyaluronic acid is a natural component of joint fluid. If an individual experiences a condition like osteoarthritis, it means wear and tear over time has worn down the cartilage in the knee. This creates friction in the joint and bony spurs might even form. A knee doctor can inject hyaluronic acid into the knee joint to increase the volume of lubricating fluid. This helps the knee joint to move more easily and also reduces inflammation in the joint.
- Prp treatment – platelet rich plasma injections are one of the most innovative areas of pain medicine. This procedure describes when a pain doctor uses a small sample of your blood and uses a machine called a centrifuge in order to condense the platelets. This high concentration of condensed platelets are then injected directly into your knee joint to encourage the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the knee.
- Genicular nerve block – the genicular nerves are sensory nerves located near the knee joint. A pain doctor can inject local anesthetic near the genicular nerves. This ‘blocks’ the nerves from sending pain signals from the knee joint to the brain. As a result, long-term knee pain relief is achieved.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Regardless of whether you are a professional athlete or lead a more sedentary lifestyle, there are numerous causes of knee joint issues. However, the most important action is to seek medical advice from a board certified pain doctor. A knee doctor will spend time establishing a diagnosis so that you can receive the best possible treatment plan. If you fail to seek medical advice, your knee pain could get worse and even lead to further health issues.
Some of the most common causes of knee pain include:
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is a large ligament that connects the thigh bone to the shin bone. It can be prone to tearing, particularly during sports.
- Baker’s cyst – this describes when tissue behind the knee joint becomes swollen and inflamed. It can lead to a build-up of fluid around the knee.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Bursitis – the bursa are small, fluid-filled sacs that cushion the knee joint. These sacs can become inflamed, leading to bursitis.
- Dislocation – a sudden knock at the side of the knee can cause the knee joint to dislocate. Even if the joint falls back into place, it is important to seek medical advice.
- Meniscus tear – the meniscus is a tough piece of cartilage in the shape of the letter ‘C’ and acts as a shock absorber. It cushions the shin bone and the thigh bone. It can be prone to tearing if the knee is suddenly twisted.
- Tendonitis – if the tendons are used too much (e.g. during sports) then they can become inflamed.
- Osteoarthritis – gradual wear and tear over time can cause the knee joint to lack rubbery cartilage. This means the knee joint struggles to glide smoothly during movement. As a result, the knee joint can become inflamed and bony spurs might even form.
What Are The Risk Factors For Knee Pain?
There are a few risk factors which may increase the likelihood of developing knee joint issues. However, early intervention and treatment by knee medicine doctors can help you return to full health as quickly as possible.
The most common risk factors for knee pain include:
- Certain sports – some sporting activities cause more pressure to be placed on the knee joints. These include sports such as running because it involves the repetitive movement of pounding feet on hard surfaces.
- Occupations involving heavy lifting – individuals working in the farming or construction sectors may have an increased risk of developing knee joint issues due to repetitive stress on the knee joints.
- Excess weight – being overweight puts more pressure on the knee joints. It can also increase the risk of developing osteoarthritis as the excess weight can accelerate the rate at which cartilage in the joint may break down.
- Prior injury – a previous knee injury can sometimes predispose individuals to having secondary injuries. That’s why it is important to build up strength and flexibility in the knee joint by following a physical therapy program.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
What Happens When I See A Knee Doctor?
Now that we have looked at the best knee clinic near ny, you might be wondering, ‘what happens when I see a knee doctor?’
When you book an appointment at our state of the art clinic, you will be welcomed into modern and friendly facilities. A member of our front of house team will greet you and will collect your insurance information. You will then be introduced to your board certified and fellowship trained knee doctor.
Your knee doctor will spend time with you to fully understand your concerns and establish the root cause of your knee pain. They will use a variety of methods to provide a diagnosis. These methods include:
- Taking a verbal medical history
- Performing a physical examination of the knee joint
- Ordering imaging scans (like X-Rays and ultrasounds)
- Taking blood samples to rule out other conditions
Once you receive your diagnosis, you will be presented with a customized care plan. This unique care plan will involve a recommendation of a minimally invasive treatment option. Your knee doctor might also prescribe physical therapy. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about any of the risks associated with knee surgery or narcotics. Our treatment options are low risk, pain free and highly effective.
Our state of the art clinic is located in Midtown Manhattan. It has excellent transport links to subway lines 4, 5, 6, and the 1, 2, 3, and the a, c, e. It is also close to Grand Central Station and is not far from Hudson Yards.
How Much Does Treatment Cost?
When you visit our clinic, a member of our front of house team will take your insurance information. They will explain your coverage to you as well as any benefits. If you have any questions, our front of house team will liaise directly with your insurance provider so that you can receive treatment as quickly as possible. You will be made aware of how much you owe (if applicable) before your treatment begins. This means you will avoid being hit with any hidden bills or extra costs.
If you are interested in receiving treatment and want to know more, please call a member of our team on: (855) 211 – 8568.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.