Where Can I Find the Best Knee Center near NY?
Who Is The Best Knee Doctor In NY?
Are you looking for the best knee center near ny? This state of the art pain center houses a team of board certified and Harvard-trained pain doctors. These leading knee doctors advocate a holistic approach to health in combination with the latest cutting-edge technology. Best of all, these treatment options are minimally invasive and avoid the risks associated with knee surgery and narcotics. Click HERE to book an appointment with a board certified and fellowship trained pain doctor in New York. Our expert pain doctors work with professional athletes and individuals from around the world who come to receive the best knee pain relief in New York.
Many sports medicine specialists and orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest knee replacement surgeries and narcotics. Knee surgery is incredibly invasive and in some instances, it can lead to further health issues. Knee surgery is not always necessary and involves the use of narcotics, opioids and NSAIDs. Once the surgery is over, patients have to contend with long post-operative recovery periods.
Due to the risks associated with knee surgery, it’s important to explore the latest minimally invasive treatment options for knee pain. However, you might also want answers to some of the most common knee pain questions:
- What are the best treatments for knee pain?
- What are the symptoms of knee problems?
- What happens when I see a knee doctor?
- How much does knee treatment cost?
The good news is that our state of the art knee center near ny recognizes the risks associated with knee surgeries and narcotics. That’s why our expert pain doctors pride themselves on creating customized care plans centered around minimally invasive options. This non-invasive approach is low risk, pain free and highly effective in treating knee pain issues.
If you want to receive first-class care in state of the art New York facilities, be sure to book an appointment with one of our leading pain doctors. Our modern and friendly clinic is conveniently located in the heart of the Big Apple, near The Chrysler Building.
Now let’s explore some of the best treatments for knee pain in New York City.
What Are The Best Treatments For Knee Pain?
So far, we’ve seen that knee surgery and narcotics are not always the best treatment options for knee pain. At this leading knee center near NY, our pain doctors pride themselves on creating unique care plans for each patient. These care plans involve a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment as well as physical therapy.
Some of the best treatment options for knee pain include:
- Steroid injections – steroid medicine is far more powerful than over the counter medications like aspirin. A pain doctor can inject steroid medicine directly into the knee joint capsule. This reduces inflammation and pain in the knee joint and can last for long periods of time. Some individuals receive 2-3 steroid injections for maximum results.
- Hyaluronic acid injections – hyaluronic acid is a natural component of joint fluid and ensures the knee joint can move easily. If an individual has arthritis, the knee can experience friction, leading to swollen and inflamed joints. A knee doctor can inject hyaluronic acid directly into the knee joint to increase the volume of lubricating fluid in the knee. This facilitates better knee joint movement and reduces knee pain.
- Genicular nerve block – the genicular nerves are sensory nerves located in the knee joint. A pain doctor can inject local anesthetic near the genicular nerves so that they ‘block’ pain signals from being sent to the brain. This is a highly effective treatment for knee pain and can last for long periods of time.
- Radiofrequency ablation – if you want to avoid steroid medicine, rfa treatment might be your best option. A knee doctor can transmit small currents of radiofrequency energy near the genicular (sensory) nerves in the knee joint. The radiofrequency energy heats up and deactivates the genicular nerves. This means the genicular nerves can no longer send pain signals to the brain.
Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks associated with narcotics and invasive knee surgeries. These treatment choices are highly recommended by leading knee pain doctors who boast fast and effective recovery outcomes.
What Causes Knee Pain?
There are many different causes of knee pain. The causes of knee pain range from acute sports injuries to underlying health conditions. If left untreated, your knee pain could get even worse or lead to further health issues. That’s why it’s highly recommended you book an appointment with a board certified pain doctor today.
The most common causes of knee pain include:
- Baker’s cyst – this is a fluid-filled swelling which can occur at the back of the knee.
- Dislocated kneecap – a sudden knock/ blow can cause the knee joint to move out of its groove. This is known as a dislocated knee cap. Even if the kneecap pops back into place, it is still important to seek medical advice from a pain doctor to ensure the joint is healthy.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- Anterior cruciate ligament injury – an ACL injury can occur when the ligament is torn as a result of suddenly stopping or changing direction.
- Osteoarthritis – this is a common type of knee arthritis. It is caused by wear and tear over time.The repetitive movement of the knee joint can wear down the cartilage, causing friction in the joint. Bony spurs may even form.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – this is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system attacks itself. Getting treatment early and often is key to managing rheumatoid arthritis.
- Bursitis – the bursa are small, fluid-filled sacs that cushion the knee joint. When the bursa becomes inflamed (usually due to overuse in sports) this is called bursitis.
- Torn meniscus – the menisci are 2 ‘C’ shaped pieces of cartilage. They act as shock absorbers and cushion the shin bone and the thigh bone. A torn meniscus can occur when an individual twists their knee while putting a lot of weight on the knee. A torn meniscus is a common sports medicine injury but is treatable.
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Problems?
Although there are many different causes of knee pain, there are numerous ways for it to be treated. Receiving treatment early and often is the best way to ensure knee joint preservation. That’s why it’s important to be aware of the most common signs and symptoms of knee issues.
The most common symptoms of knee problems include:
- A weak knee joint
- Pain when bending and straightening the knee
- Locking in the knee
- Knee swelling
- Knee redness and warmth
- Popping, grinding and clicking sounds when bending the knee
If you experience any of these symptoms, it’s highly recommended you book an appointment with a leading knee pain doctor. They will be able to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and a unique care plan to suit you.
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
What Happens When I See A Knee Doctor?
When you visit one of our board certified pain doctors, you will be welcomed into state of the art facilities. Our pain doctors understand why you might be worried about your knee pain. That’s why they are passionate about spending time with each patient to fully understand the root cause of their knee problem.
Our pain doctors use a combination of methods to establish a diagnosis. These include:
- A verbal medical history
- Blood tests to rule out underlying health issues
- Scans (like X-Rays and ultrasounds) to gain a picture of the joint
- A physical examination of the knee joint
Once your pain doctor has collected this information, they will provide you with a diagnosis and treatment plan. This treatment plan involves a recommendation for a minimally invasive treatment option as well as physical therapy.
How Much Does Knee Treatment Cost?
Now that we have looked at the latest treatment options for knee pain at this leading knee center near ny, you might now be wondering how much treatment can cost.
When you first visit our pain clinic, you will be welcomed by a friendly member of our front of house team. They will take your insurance information and will explain your coverage and benefits. Our front of house team will also liaise directly with your insurance provider so that you can receive treatment quickly. During this time, you will have the opportunity to ask questions about your insurance. You will then be informed of how much you owe (if applicable) and will avoid being hit with any hidden bills or costs!
If you want to find out about the best treatments for knee pain but are unsure of your insurance, please contact us on (855) 428 – 0125. An experienced and helpful member of our team will be able to answer your questions and guide you to a solution.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.