What’s the Best Knee Treatment in Midtown Manhattan?
Which Doctor Provides The Best Knee Treatment In Midtown Manhattan?
If you’re looking for the best knee treatment in midtown manhattan, then this leading medical center is your best option. Click HERE to book an appointment with a board certified, Harvard-trained pain doctor at this state of the art manhattan clinic.
Knee pain is a common condition affecting millions of Americans every year. It is thought that our modern, sedentary lifestyles are contributing to rising rates of knee issues. However, there are many questions that might be on your mind regarding knee pain. That’s why we will look at answering the following questions:
- How is knee pain treated?
- What causes knee pain?
- What are the symptoms of knee problems?
- Can I prevent knee pain?
- How much does knee treatment cost?
Nowadays, many orthopedic surgeons can be too quick to suggest knee surgery and narcotics for knee pain. However, knee surgery is inherently risky and is not always the best way to maximize your health. Some of the most common risks of knee surgery include:
- Blood clots
- Increased risk of stroke/ heart attack
- Wound infections
- Long recovery periods
- Potential over-reliance on narcotics, NSAIDs and opioids
In some cases, knee surgery can create more problems than it solves! That’s why it’s vital to explore the latest minimally invasive treatment options for knee pain. The best knee treatment in midtown manhattan avoids the risks associated with surgery and narcotics. Instead, patients benefit from a customized care plan centered around a minimally invasive treatment option. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about the risks associated with invasive surgeries or narcotics.
At this state of the art clinic in midtown manhattan, you will spend time with one of our board certified pain specialists who trained at Harvard Medical School. Our expert pain doctors will then create a unique care plan centered around a minimally invasive knee pain treatment option.
If you want to find out more about the safest and healthiest treatment options, please don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation. This expert pain clinic is conveniently located in the heart of the Big Apple, near The Empire State Building.
For now, let’s look in more detail at the latest non-invasive treatment options provided by expert pain doctors.
How Is Knee Pain Treated?
So far, we’ve looked at why it’s important to explore the latest minimally invasive treatment options for knee pain in new york ny. Now let’s take some time to look at these exciting and innovative treatments in more detail:
- Steroid Injections – steroid medicine can be injected directly into the knee joint capsule. This targets the root cause of the knee pain and reduces inflammation and pain in the knee joint. Some individuals receive 2-3 steroid injections for maximum effect.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections – prp treatment is when pain doctors draw up a small volume of your blood. This blood sample is then run through a machine called a centrifuge to condense the platelets. The high concentration of platelets is then re-injected directly into the knee joint. This encourages the growth of healthy new cells and tissues in the joint of the knee.
- Hyaluronic Acid Injections – if an individual struggles with knee arthritis, the knee joint may be inflamed and painful as a result of wear and tear over time. The repeated movement of the knee joint over time can wear down the cartilage on the ends of the bones in the knee. This causes friction in the joint and bony spurs might even form. Hyaluronic acid can be injected directly into the knee joint to increase the volume of joint fluid in the knee. This can alleviate knee joint pain and improve mobility in the knee.
- Radiofrequency Ablation – rfa is an excellent treatment and is recommended for chronic knee pain and those wanting to avoid steroid medicine. During rfa treatment, a pain doctor uses a transmitter to send small currents of radiofrequency energy to the genicular nerves in the knee joint. This heats up and deactivates the genicular nerves. As a result, the genicular nerves are unable to send pain signals to the brain.
- Genicular Nerve Block – a G block can be used to help diagnose as well as treat knee conditions. During a G block, a pain doctor injects local anesthetic near the genicular nerves in the knee joint. This ‘numbs’ the genicular nerves and stops them sending pain signals from the knee joint to the brain.
Best of all, these non-invasive treatment choices are a safe and low risk way to heal painful knee issues. You won’t have to worry about the risks associated with invasive knee procedures or the negative health consequences associated with narcotics.
Now let’s take a look at some of the most common causes and symptoms of knee issues.
What Causes Knee Pain?
There are many different causes of knee pain. Knee pain could result from an acute injury sustained during sports. However, it could also be due to an underlying health condition. Either way, it is highly recommended you seek medical advice from a qualified pain physician. If not, your knee pain could get even worse or lead to further issues down the line.
Below are some of the most common causes of knee pain:
- Meniscus tears – meniscus tears are common sports injuries. They occur when the ‘C’ shaped pieces of rubbery cartilage that cushion the joint are partially or fully torn. Meniscus tears can occur when an individual turns too quickly while bearing full weight on the knee.
Sick of your Knee Pain?
Book an Appointment!
We offer free insurance verification! Fill out the form and expect a call from one of our agents:
- ACL injury – the anterior cruciate ligament is a large ligament connecting the shin bone to the thigh bone. The ACL can become torn or sprained when an individual changes direction too quickly. It is a common sports medicine injury.
- Knee arthritis – rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition) and osteoarthritis (wear and tear over time) can lead to inflamed, painful and swollen knee joints.
- Bursitis – the bursa are fat-filled sacs that cushion the joint of the knee. Bursitis occurs when the bursa become inflamed and this results in painful knee joints.
- Tendinitis – the tendon can be prone to irritation or inflammation as a result of overuse. It is common among individuals who are involved in running and jumping sports.
If you are worried about your knee joint and want to receive the best knee treatment in midtown manhattan, please book an appointment with one of our leading pain doctors. They will be able to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and unique care plan.
What Are The Symptoms Of Knee Problems?
There are numerous reasons you might have knee joint pain. That’s why it’s important to book an appointment with a leading pain physician. They will spend time with you to gain an overall understanding of your problem area before creating a customized care plan for you.
Some of the most common signs and symptoms of knee issues includes:
- Tenderness, pain and swelling in the knee joint
- Redness and heat in the joint
- Inability to bend or straighten the knee
- Weakness in the knee
- Grinding, popping or crunching noises in the knee
Find Your Nearest Knee Pain Treatment Center
Our Manhattan NY knee pain clinic is conveniently located on 290 Madison Avenue Suite 203
Can I Prevent Knee Pain?
The good news is that there are some tips that can help you avoid knee problems. However, it is always recommended you seek medical advice from a leading pain doctor to ensure you receive the best knee treatment in midtown manhattan. If not, your knee pain could get worse or lead to further health issues.
Some of the best ways to support your knee include:
- Ensuring you wear appropriate shoes – wearing shoes that are the correct fit and/ or wearing insoles can help support your knee joint.
- Warming up before exercise and cooling down after exercise – this stretches the muscles and ligaments which relieves pressure on the knee joint.
- Maintaining a healthy weight – this stops your knee joint having to carry excess weight.
- Taking part in low-impact sports – swimming, walking and cycling are some of the best forms of exercise for the knee.
- Wearing a knee brace – this helps keep the knee joint supported and in place.
How Much Does Knee Treatment Cost?
Now that we’ve explored the best knee treatment options in NYC, you might be wondering how much knee treatment costs.
At our state of the art Manhattan clinic, you will be welcomed into a Center of Excellence. Our team comprises leading pain physicians in first-class medical facilities. Our friendly and experienced front of house team will collect your insurance information and explain your benefits and coverage. They will also liaise directly with your insurance provider to help you receive treatment as quickly as possible. Best of all, you won’t have to worry about any hidden costs – you will be made fully aware of how much you owe for your treatment (if applicable) prior to treatment commencing.
In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to call us if you are unsure of your insurance cover. Our experienced and friendly team will be happy to help you.
FEATURED POSTS BY PAIN DOCTORS
What is the Treatment for Sacroiliac Joint Pain?If you're experiencing sacroiliac joint pain, you may be wondering about the treatment options available to alleviate your discomfort. In this comprehensive article, we will explore the various treatment modalities for...
Effective Sacroiliac Joint Pain Treatment: Find Relief with New York Knee Pain DoctorAre you struggling with sacroiliac joint pain? At New York Knee Pain Doctor, we understand the debilitating impact of this condition on your daily life. As board-certified...
Effective Facet Joint Pain Treatment: Relieving Pain and Restoring MobilityIf you're experiencing persistent neck or back pain, it's crucial to understand the potential causes and treatment options available. Facet joint pain, also known as facet joint syndrome or...
What is the Best Treatment for Neck and Shoulder Pain?Are you experiencing discomfort in your neck and shoulders? Neck and shoulder pain can be debilitating, affecting your daily activities and overall quality of life. If you're seeking effective treatment options,...
Meet Our Team of Knee Pain Specialists
KNOW OUR TEAM OF HARVARD TRAINED KNEE SPECIALISTS
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Michael Nguyen
Dr. Michael is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New Jersey
Dr. George Hanna
Dr. Hanna is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Knee Pain Doctor in New York
Dr. Shane Volney
Dr. Volney is available for Knee Pain treatment consultations in Manhattan, New York.
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
Learn about our health & safety protocol.
contact us today
Speak instantly with one of our team members; they will answer any questions you may have regarding insurance coverage, booking an appointment and our knee pain center in New York and New Jersey.